Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

IslaParadiso.world with Fixes applied [update 2013.11.29]

by ellacharmed Posted 6th Nov 2013 at 6:57 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2014 at 11:44 AM by ellacharmed : fixes as reported by Trickai

268 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 171 Feedback Posts, 96 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 11
Test Subject
#101 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 5:09 AM
Thanks! I installed it and it was running well! But after an hour of playing the game started to lag again. :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 6:05 AM
I installed it as instructed but the entire world isn't showing up in my drop down menu for sims Island Paradise anymore. I think I will have to completely reinstall Sims Island Paradise now.
Test Subject
#103 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 5:23 PM
I have a problem downloading this. On my first attempt to download part 6 I got a "forbidden" error. On my second try the part did download, but I can't extract the archive. My dearchiver claims that the archive is incomplete. I do have all 8 parts though.
This is on a Mac and tried unpacking both with Stuffit expander, and "The Unarchiver".
Test Subject
#104 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 3:51 PM
Hi, I really need some help. I think you did a great job in creating this fixed world, but I just can't get it to work. When I start a new game there is no difference. Could you please help me? I've been trying for a few days now and still can't fix it.
THANKS POST
#105 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 11:18 PM
Thank you very much! Made it WAY better!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 14th May 2014 at 8:08 PM
Awesome! Downloading now... :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 14th May 2014 at 9:06 PM
Thanks for this! My friend and I are both avid Sims players (both also in our late 20's, so probably shouldn't boast), we both picked up the expansion when it was released but neither of us had gotten around to trying it out until recently.
When she started hers up on her new PC she was telling me it kept hanging for a few seconds, then it'd be ok for a minute, then it'd hang again. To see if it was just her PC I tried it on mine and had the exact same issues, so turned to Google. Found this page in the first few links and it's made a huge difference!

Still got a few stupid sims who get stuck and cause it to hang, but combined with Overwatch it's a hundred times more playable than the standard map. Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 16th May 2014 at 8:59 PM
Thank you for sharing...!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 22nd May 2014 at 2:55 PM
Part 7 seems to be corrupted?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 24th May 2014 at 8:55 PM
Thanks Ella, still contains a few bugs on the routing side, but miles better and now well playable in comparison to before. THUMBS UP GIRL!!! (Woman... ;-P )
Test Subject
#111 Old 25th May 2014 at 5:58 AM
This looks like an awesome mod, but I can't get it to work. When i went to go to \Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Island Paradise\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds, it didn't show up. Instead it had only the Into the Future game data. I uninstalled into the future and made new folders for island paradise to see if that would make the fixes appear, but it didn't. I really don't know what to do now and any help would be appreciated. I have game version 1.67 (the latest one) btw.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 8:53 AM
I don't get this at all..how do i install these files? in the other worlds that I have downloaded fix to, is different, they have 4 files and so on, but here there is only one file you have to download and then inside it is alooooooooooot of files that i dont know what to do with, Im sorry if i'm coming out as stupid, but i honestly don't know what to do! Plz help me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 3:34 PM
Thank you so much for all the work you did to make Isla Paradiso a playable setting. I always thought it had the potential to be the best setting in the game but it was so flawed as to be unplayable. Installed your fixed version yesterday and been playing about four hours real time with *NO* lag. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 12:28 PM
Part 6 link DIDN'T WORK
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 7:38 PM
omg thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 9:34 PM
I cant unzip it , its asking for password
Test Subject
#117 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 8:39 PM
Thanks!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IHeartRaizel
...error saying that the Isla Paradiso disc was not found, or I get a message saying there was an error loading the world itself when I get far enough to play.

Should I just redownload it or what?
Just remove the fixed world and go back to the backup, do you get the same error? Then it is an installation issue. Is the IP DVD in the drive? If after reverting back to the original backup file, the error is gone, then yes redownload. That means the download was corrupt.

Quote: Originally posted by SahrMohtahn
For instance, are unchartered islands still unchartered in the fixed version? Is it a new Island Paradise with nothing unlocked yet, just fixed?
Yes, nothing is unlocked. That is a gameplay feature, not a CAW thing.

Quote: Originally posted by darcyl1234
I think I will have to completely reinstall Sims Island Paradise now.
Why would you need to reinstall? Just remove the download and go back to the backup world which you had renamed with the .orig extension.

Quote: Originally posted by KPax
This is on a Mac and tried unpacking both with Stuffit expander, and "The Unarchiver".
If you're still having issues with those 2 tools, even after redownloading all the parts, try Keka.

Quote: Originally posted by Endless_Fantasy
When I start a new game there is no difference. Could you please help me?
I would say to re-read the steps and try again; or lay out the steps you did in specifics, step-by-step. Otherwise I have no idea what you did or where things went wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
So, we can't open fixed world using the "Create a World" tool, right?
Or, do I have to create new flat world and import the Isla Paradiso's resource and save?
Sure you can. Why can't you? Just have to follow either one of the 2 methods simsample outlined in the tutorial in CAW forum. If you want to do more edits, that is. If you just want to play with the fixed version; then no, you don't need to open this in CAW tool any further.

Quote: Originally posted by CCiscool
...When i went to go to \Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Island Paradise\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds, it didn't show up. Instead it had only the Into the Future game data. ../QUOTE]I dunno, man. If you have one EP's content in another EP's folders, that shows you have a corrupt install. Need a reinstall to fix. The .world download offered here has no power to mix up game files.

[QUOTE=daiken1991]I don't get this at all..how do i install these files? in the other worlds that I have downloaded fix to, is different, they have 4 files and so on, but here there is only one file ...
Following instructions didn't help? Make sure you're not confusing or mixing up instructions for the Resources and the .world versions. They are different.

Quote: Originally posted by biliard10
Part 6 link DIDN'T WORK

Quote: Originally posted by adupui
I cant unzip it , its asking for password
There is no password. What archive program do you use?
@biliard10 & @adupui,
did redownloading help?

To everyone else who took the time to stop by to comment and thanked my threads, I thank you! I really appreciate it!
Yes, the lags are not 100% gone. Remember that I cannot fix what I don't know about. If things don't get reported to me, I cannot do anything about it, now can I?
Having said that, there is still so much that edits in CAW can't fix, especially if the issue is inherent in the game engine and not due to a .world fixture or placement.
THANKS POST
#119 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 7:21 PM
Really useful :)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#120 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 7:32 PM
I've found an issue near the hospital and the school.

My sim wanted to collect a bottle but he couldn't reach it.

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/upl...4ustocqf0ba.jpg
http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/upl...4og13h74p8u.jpg

My game version is 1.67 and I've all EPs and SPs installed.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 1:49 PM
@Jawusa,
thanks for the pics in https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=527754, that does look like it needs to be corrected. I'll put it onto the TODO list for IP Fixes...thanks for the report!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#122 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:03 PM
You're welcome.
I'll report again if I found an issue.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
THANKS POST
#123 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 1:03 PM
Thank you for doing this fix. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 4:39 AM
Thank you for this great fix for IP it's very easy to follow your insturctions and without it I wouldn't be able to play in this world. You're the best
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 5:02 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your hard work is certainly appreciated.
Page 5 of 11