Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

IslaParadiso.world with Fixes applied [update 2013.11.29]

by ellacharmed Posted 6th Nov 2013 at 6:57 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2014 at 11:44 AM by ellacharmed : fixes as reported by Trickai

268 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 171 Feedback Posts, 96 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 11
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:35 PM
I just installed Island Paradise and noticed pretty quickly the horrendous lag spikes. I found your fix, and was looking forward to giving it a try.

Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me get the rar files to work. I have downloaded the files twice. I've tried using both 7-Zip (my normal zip program) and WinZip. I can't get the files to work with either program.

With 7-Zip, whether I right click and select "Extract Here" or open the first file and select where to extract, I get the following message:

Code:
"0       CRC failed in"IslaParadiso.world".  File is broken."

If I try opening it with WinZip, no matter what option I choose for extracting the files, it brings up a dialog window asking me to select a folder. I select the folder, and the same window comes up again, repeated, over and over again. (I've tried selecting the same folder 20 times or more, and it still comes up and never proceeds.)

(And just to be clear, I'm only interacting with the first file. I have all 8 files downloaded into the same folder.)

Any suggestions?
Instructor
#127 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:59 PM
Sorry ellacharmed but I think your link to part 4 is broken.

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 1:25 AM
My issue seems to be with the very first file. The process starts and almost immediately kicks the error back to me. :\
Instructor
#129 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 1:31 AM Last edited by babyliss : 14th Aug 2014 at 1:34 AM. Reason: typo
@Crystallyne, have you renamed the files properly like it says in the post? Just checking, ;-D I think my issue is due to the dl being corrupted. Why don't you visit ellacharmed's wordpress site? You can download the world file in whole with no Rar.

https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2.../isla-paradiso/

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
@Crystallyne, have you renamed the files properly like it says in the post? Just checking, ;-D I think my issue is due to the dl being corrupted. Why don't you visit ellacharmed's wordpress site? You can download the world file in whole with no Rar.

https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2.../isla-paradiso/

;>_>

<_<;

*cough*

It's working now. heh Thank you, Babyliss.

(I had downloaded the one for Sunlit Tides previously, and was going by memory on what steps to take. I forgot to rename them. )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#131 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 8:31 PM
For the life of me, I couldn't figure out WHY my game was so laggy. I have a beefy computer so I just couldn't accept the multitude of "Lower your graphic settings" responses so many people were giving. I just suffered through it, until it came time for my sim to go to college... I had pretty much no lag at all, which is what made me think it must be the town. So here I am, and you are now my number one sims-related hero.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 10:35 PM
I don't know if this is the same issue as the ones you're fixing, but I get a lot of "unroutable sim" messages from nraas's MasterController mod in relation to houseboats. I'm not sure if it's the houses themselves, or the part where the boat meets the dock... but something isn't working very well with them it seems.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 8:33 PM
thanks, great work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#134 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 4:55 AM
Thank you soooo much!
I allready gave up Isla Paradiso and was playin' in Moonlight Falls and Boringset Valley again, angry about the 40 Euros I wasted to pay for this addon, which didn't allow me to play this amazing island and make use of diving and resorting content and ended up to be a expensive furniture addon to me.... finally, thanks to you, i am able to even play this addon (dear EA...)...chapeau and thank you again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 5:36 PM
thank you very much. you did a great work
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#136 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 6:21 PM
Although I haven't had Island Paradise, I'm sure this will help :-)
Test Subject
#137 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 11:32 PM
So i've installed the single .world file and the resources files from ellacharmed's site but the game is still the same. The reources files goes into the same folder as the .world file right? I've also the deleted the Scott family. oh and i also have the nrass stuff like the debugger masterconstroller etc.
Test Subject
#138 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 4:33 AM
A unicorn shows a persistent routing fail bubble over her head that I was hoping might be fixed after this install. It happens at the one spot where she always respawns (Greenbeard's Fishing Spot). Does your world address any routing issues in that area?

Sims by Dasi:

Patrick Swayze

Sabrina

From Bones: Emily Deschanel
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:31 PM
Thanks allot. I was getting quite frustrated with my game, but with this its running perfectly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#140 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 3:36 PM
Great work. I play IP a lot and hate the lag. Am going to get the WA worlds also.
Test Subject
#141 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 8:42 PM
Am I supposed to combine the extracted .world files before putting them in the game? I don't understand. Help please?
Test Subject
#142 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 9:23 PM
leider hat der Fix nichts gebracht habe immer noch 30 sec Standbilder. Schade hatte mich sehr drüber gefreut gehabt ;-(
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 6:50 PM
I am on a tight budget so buying island paradise was a big deal for me, and I was really upset that it barely worked. I have had a rough time, and I am pregnant, and just wanted a little r & r. This has really made my day! Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#144 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 12:46 PM
When I try to extract the files it comes up with 'you need to have the following volume to continue extraction'. I've tried extracting them all together with 'Extract Here' but nothing is working.
Am I missing something?
Test Subject
#145 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by green.may.sims
When I try to extract the files it comes up with 'you need to have the following volume to continue extraction'. I've tried extracting them all together with 'Extract Here' but nothing is working.
Am I missing something?

I'm having this same problem, and I also can't figure out how to 'rename' the file once it's downloaded. I have windows 8.1 which is making this a bit harder as I'm new to 8.1 and WinRar.
Test Subject
#146 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 6:31 AM
Hello, I just installed TS3 with all its expansions and installes your mod. However, as a result, Isla Paradiso is now gone from my neighborhood list.
Test Subject
#147 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 5:39 PM
I was wondering if someone could help me figure out if I installed this mod properly? I was hoping it would fix the horrible lag that I experience on Isla Paradiso. I'm still having lag after installing the mod...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 2:13 AM
Awesome. I thank you greatly. IP is now playable for me!
Field Researcher
#149 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by forsakensora
I was wondering if someone could help me figure out if I installed this mod properly? I was hoping it would fix the horrible lag that I experience on Isla Paradiso. I'm still having lag after installing the mod...

Have you started a new game? Or did you continue with your saved game?

.world fixes does NOT affect savegames. You MUST start a NEW game.
Test Subject
#150 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 5:47 AM
I have a mac and used stuffit to try and extract the files (also tried iZip unarchiver, same thing), but it only worked on part 1, the rest had an error message that said "the data archive is corrupt". I deleted everything and tried again, but same error message.

Any ideas?
Page 6 of 11