Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

IslaParadiso.world with Fixes applied [update 2013.11.29]

by ellacharmed Posted 6th Nov 2013 at 6:57 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2014 at 11:44 AM by ellacharmed : fixes as reported by Trickai

268 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 171 Feedback Posts, 96 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 11
Test Subject
#176 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 2:57 PM
Default Download Help
Quote: Originally posted by Hoathie
Am I supposed to combine the extracted .world files before putting them in the game? I don't understand. Help please?

I find the instructions very poor. It took me awhile to realize that the file names were not all the same and that I had to rename them. You will want to rename each file to have the same name before the dot.
Your files should look something like this before extracting: IslaParadiso.part01.rar, IslaParadiso.part02.rar, IslaParadiso.part03.rar, IslaParadiso.part04.rar, IslaParadiso.part05.rar, IslaParadiso.part06.rar, IslaParadiso.part07.rar, IslaParadiso.part08.rar
Extract IslaParadiso.part01.rar only and it should work. Thanks a lot for the amazingly disruptive instructions that had me confused for a good 20-30 minutes. Your instructions have to be dummy proof for pathetic people like me. :P
Test Subject
#177 Old 9th May 2015 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ziicutie
I find the instructions very poor. It took me awhile to realize that the file names were not all the same and that I had to rename them. You will want to rename each file to have the same name before the dot.
Your files should look something like this before extracting: IslaParadiso.part01.rar, IslaParadiso.part02.rar, IslaParadiso.part03.rar, IslaParadiso.part04.rar, IslaParadiso.part05.rar, IslaParadiso.part06.rar, IslaParadiso.part07.rar, IslaParadiso.part08.rar
Extract IslaParadiso.part01.rar only and it should work. Thanks a lot for the amazingly disruptive instructions that had me confused for a good 20-30 minutes. Your instructions have to be dummy proof for pathetic people like me. :P

Hi i tried that but for some reason it wouldn't let me extract the others?
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 27th May 2015 at 2:25 AM
Same for me. New game and everything but it has even more lags than the original file for the island
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 31st May 2015 at 2:27 AM
Thanks alot
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#180 Old 31st May 2015 at 3:22 PM
Thank you so much for this! Honestly this world was a hot mess before you helped us fix it :)
Test Subject
#181 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Panicula
Hi i tried that but for some reason it wouldn't let me extract the others?

No need to extract the others just the first the rest will fall into place and you'll end up with just one completed file.
In other words after renaming the files extract Part 1 ONLY
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#182 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 5:17 AM
I haven't tested this yet, but my NRAAS Overwatch is showing me that routing errors are a major source of IP problems.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#183 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 7:08 PM
A very good game laptop and it laggs like s*. Thx for this
Test Subject
#184 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 11:36 AM
Don't understand any of the instructions -__- ffs EA
Test Subject
#185 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 3:01 PM
Its Too Big??? I Am Confused Helpppp
Test Subject
#186 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 10:45 AM
Path for Mac
It took me a while to find the worlds files and folders as they are not "searchable" on the Mac. Now that I found it, I'm sharing it for all the Mac users out there!

The path is Macintosh HD/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/AddOns/The Sims 3 Island Paradise.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Island Paradise/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds

The trick is to right click on the "The Sims 3" symbol in the applications folder and click "Show Package Contents" (same as soon as you've found the Island Paradise icon).

Hope this helps save some frustration (It really is a lot more hidden then the Windows counterpart!!).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#187 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 1:31 AM
Thanks for this
Test Subject
#188 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 10:17 PM
I downloaded and installed according to instructions but Nothing changed on the original map judging by your for reference pictures. has anyone else had this problem if so how did you fix it?
Test Subject
#189 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 12:35 AM
Thank you, Ellacharmed, for this fixed world. I would not be playing Island Paradise right now if not for your efforts to fix what EA broke. In fact, after I purchased this EP, I attempted to play Isla Paradiso a couple of times before the lagging became too much and I gave up on it. I now have a playable Isla Paradiso but there was some work involved on my part to complete what Ellacharmed began.

I downloaded the entire and complete world file that can be found on her site. There was no unzipping involved; just download the file and place it where it needs to go. But I still had a jerky, stuttering Isla Paradiso. I found the Medina household and it was the same as in the unfixed version so I remodeled it and put a crib and toys in the house for that toddler.

My next step was to download Overwatch and Master Controller from NRAS and reinstall them, overwriting the existing packages. Even though I had the most recent downloads of both mods, I though it might be a good idea given the fact it has been a couple of years since the latest builds and I had made alot of changes to my installed game. Both mods are working better now for some reason.

Then I went into my mods and package files and looked through them, finding a few mods that were in both files. I also found a couple that had to do with bringing more townies to community lots and clubs. And since Isla Paradiso is a routing nightmare, I decided I could do without busier lots and concentrate on a more stable, less laggy world. I removed those mods and put them in a safe place in case I want to try them again at a later date.

Deleting caches is crucial before starting a new playing session. I delete the ones located in the Electronic Arts file in documents. I also delete the world cache located in Program files\86 in the Sims3 Island Paradise file. It took several times of deleting that cache before the lag was reduced by ninety percent. I have to say Isla Paradiso is even more beautiful than Sunlit Tides. And I am happy I was able to find this fixed version so I might enjoy it.

As I began working on a solution for Isla Paradiso I found it is very sensitive to which mods you might be using that have no adverse affect on other installed worlds. I also found I was using a few outdated or unnecessary mods. If your world is still lagging after installing this fixed world file and redoing the Medina home lot, take a look through your mods and package files. You might be surprised at what is lurking there that you forgot you had, or you can do without. My game still stutters from time to time but nothing compared to what it was. During an hour of play time I am experiencing maybe one or two tiny stutters. Good luck, everyone.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#190 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 1:07 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#191 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 5:49 PM
Hey, anyone have a file path for steam versions?
or am i slightly screwed?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#192 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 1:14 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#193 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 1:18 AM
Downloaded this and tried every other fix I could find on the web, including removing the Scott family and fiddling with the graphics, but it was still laggy as hell.

Saved the game, went into Edit Town mode and removed every family except for my sim, the "Babes on the Beach" household and the "Los Amigos" household, as they were the only ones I've never seen reported as buggy. Saved again, shut down the game and ran the "Sim Game Select" program and disabled Seasons and Pets, so weather and wandering cats wouldn't be a problem.

Started the game again and it was much less laggy, but there were still problems. After around 18 sim hours of gameplay, NRaas Overwatch did its daily purge and removed no less than 7 dead and 347 vehicles!
Yes, you read that right! 347 vehicles!!!

The next 24 sim hours felt like playing the fixed version of Sunset Valley. All the lag was gone and I ran it on full speed with no sudden freezes. The next Overwatch purge still ran one homeless sim out of town, cleaned up 7 dead and removed 11 vehicles, so there's obviously still a problem if a grand total of 5 inactive sims in 2 households and the various NPCs around town can spawn 11 vehicles that need removing.

I've suspected since I started playing Isla Paradiso a couple days ago that all the boats might have something to do with the game lag and this kind of confirms my suspicion.

Anyone know of a way to stop all those NPC boats from spawning spontaneously? I'd kinda like to fill the town with new sims now that I've deleted all the EA ones...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 12:22 AM
Okay so do I just download the first file and leave the rest alone? Or just use the "full" download link for the November 21st update??
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#195 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 1:21 AM
@melodyabusa,
download ALL files if you're using the Multi-part files.

Or, you can head over to my blog and download the BIG single .world file from my Google Drive Share.

Choice is yours....
Test Subject
#196 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 3:05 AM
hello!! I am a complete and i mnean complete newbie at this...
First of all thank you for this world! I've been playing the original version for a long time now and it just came to the point where I can't take the lagging anymore anyways I've decided to download your fixed world but because i have now idea what to do i don't know how to put it in the game... the .world file (the choice where it isn't complicated :D) so can you please instruct me how to do it? like step by step guide for a baby gamer?
Test Subject
#197 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
@melodyabusa,
download ALL files if you're using the Multi-part files.

Or, you can head over to my blog and download the BIG single .world file from my Google Drive Share.

Choice is yours....

hello!! I am a complete and i mnean complete newbie at this...
First of all thank you for this world! I've been playing the original version for a long time now and it just came to the point where I can't take the lagging anymore anyways I've decided to download your fixed world but because i have now idea what to do i don't know how to put it in the game... the .world file (the choice where it isn't complicated :D) so can you please instruct me how to do it? like step by step guide for a baby gamer?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#198 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 11:16 AM
@blaqjack07, I'm gonna assume you're Miyu who posted the same qn on the blog post for this world, and since I saw the comment there and have already replied to your question earlier today, please head over there to read my answer.

It does take some time to become familiar to a new place. Just to let you know this site has a policy about double-posting...since I see that you're also newly registered here do please take some time to also read the Website FAQs, which you can find under the Site menu up top. And welcome!
Test Subject
#199 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 12:27 PM Last edited by blaqjack07 : 28th Jan 2016 at 12:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
@blaqjack07, I'm gonna assume you're Miyu who posted the same qn on the blog post for this world, and since I saw the comment there and have already replied to your question earlier today, please head over there to read my answer.

It does take some time to become familiar to a new place. Just to let you know this site has a policy about double-posting...since I see that you're also newly registered here do please take some time to also read the Website FAQs, which you can find under the Site menu up top. And welcome!

Yup that is me!!! woah that was fast I thought you don't usually check your blogspot so I've just posted here just in case and so that it is more convenient for you thank you again!

edit:
ok so I've backed up my files
I am assuming I don't have to do step 3 as I have downloaded the .world version (not the multipart because that is way to complicated and my head started to hurt hahaha)
so Step 4
I have downloaded the IslandParadiso.world from your blogspot
then this is the part I am confused...
from my computer's download folder I've changed the name to IslandParadiso.world.fixed as stated on the page and then what?
do i just copy that file and paste it on InstalledWorlds in sims 3 folder or am I missing a step?
how do i know if I've done it correctly?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#200 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 7:49 AM
You'd need to go back to step 3 and this line:
Quote:
Place the extracted & joined .world file in this path and replace the default version.
where you can simply ignore the strikedthrough text

Step 4 is for patching or restoring
Quote:
Step 4: Preparing for a patch or restoring the original
Page 8 of 11