Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 8:27 AM
Default Welcome fellow spoonies!
I thought it would be nice for those of use with chronic illnesses to have a place to support each other and chat about our daily lives which can sometimes be very different and isolating.

It seems like sims is a great outlet/distraction/form of expression for many of us spoonies and I haven't found anyplace else on here where I feel comfortable talking about my health issues either in general or how it affects my simming.

Details about your illness/condition(s) aren't necessary but please feel free to share whatever you are comfortable with and I hope we can create a safe and supportive little group here.

Edit: I've made the group invitation only, so please let me know if there's anyone you would like me to invite.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:02 AM
Hi. Thanks for making this.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 6:17 PM
Hey, thanks for joining! I hope you're having an ok day. Do you have plans for Thanksgiving? Not sure if you're American or not.

I used to know a few people in the forum who were spoonies but since I was inactive for a year or so I can't remember anymore. Do you know anyone else I can invite to the group?

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:18 PM
I'm Canadian. Our thanksgiving is in October.

I can't think of anyone off-hand, unfortunately.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 12:34 AM
I hope you had a good (or at least passable) Thanksgiving then. I'm celebrating tomorrow - just me and my immediate family at home so not stressful or too tiring thankfully.

I've decided to make this group pubic, at least for a while, to give others a chance to join.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 1:32 AM
I don't rightly recall it, honestly. The entire month of October is like a weird blur for me, which is unusual even for my memory. I guess my brain just shut down. Hopefully some others join soon.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 1:01 AM
I remembered one other but she's not active here anymore. Do you know any good support forums for severe chronic illness? One I was in is no longer active and I can't seem to find any good ones by googling. Maybe because they are on social media now and I don't do the social media thing, but let me know if you know of any and I'll do the same if I can find a good one.

I'm not doing very well right now so might not be on the forum for a while or at least not much. Hope you're hanging in and taking good care of yourself.

Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 10:09 PM
Not sure if I'm going to get a welcome considering this thread hasn't had a response in 18 months. I'm a teen with PTSD and depression. I'm on the waiting list to get a service dog thankfully. I really wish the sims included people like me as options. In the pets expansions, you could have emotional support animals and/or service dogs if needed. Even at least adding a blind and deaf option would make me happy honestly.