Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#7776 Old 6th Dec 2022 at 1:20 AM
I played Unnamed Area, and somewhat unsurprisingly I had a wedding. It's so weird - I used to feel sim weddings were a little bit of a chore and the majority of the couples got married in the kitchen or bathroom or something. Then I told myself that in Unnamed Area I'm not gonna do anything if it feels like a bit of a chore, things are just going to happen and I'm just going to have fun. And I'm really enjoying the weddings!

Aftab Nyssens (Model at Mattea Picaso's fashion house and runner of the public pool) and his long-time fiancée Aisha the zombified maid finally tied the knot in a flurry of pink hibiscus flowers and black flamingos. They had a lovely party and both of them really appreciated meeting the others' friends, since they are both popularity sims. Then the guests left, a dream date was embarked on, and a minor tragedy happened. Alabama, the poodle who has patiently allowed herself to be teleported between them while they lived in seperate households, and who could now finally enjoy seeing both of her "parents" at the same time, died. I hadn't been paying attention to her age bar but she died a peaceful death of old age. Aisha and Aftab both agreed that she should be resurrected and that Death must be defeated and it is up to them to do it. But first they wanted an island vacation. Sigh! I haven't even got a working Far East vacation hood yet, let alone the island one. I did give them a mountain vacation, together with some of their many friends. They both lost dancing contests in the hotel nightclub to their evil warlock friend, and they met Axel Bigfoot, though Aisha is still in denial about meeting Bigfoot at all. That was just a nice, rather unshaved man she chatted to over the hot dogs she grilled! And good thing too, because she rerolled the fear of meeting Bigfoot every day.

They are back home on their own lot now and none of the wants I've hoped I'd see after the wedding and vacation have been rolled: no want to have a baby, and no want to become a witch/warlock or to have Aisha de-zombiefied. I'm hoping against hope that they will have a child, because I recently discovered, after playing him for weeks, that Aftab has the most recessive eye colour in my game, light purple, and he's the only sim I've seen so far that has them. But I suppose I will have to wait til they show up somewhere else, Aisha is probably really enjoying the attention that came with being U.A.s first zombie!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7777 Old 7th Dec 2022 at 7:00 AM
I tried updating my RPC launcher today and the results are shown in pictures of what happened when I tried loading my game after the update.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#7778 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 2:19 AM
Bella Goth was invited to an outing and went to Club Caliente. She had mutual attraction with the now adult Blair Mace, but trying to hit on him he just got uncomfortable. As Bella was about to go home he seemed to change his mind, because just as she was walking towards the taxi Blair ran out to hug her.

Ripp Grunt called over fellow romance sim Tessa Ramirez as well as her roommate Samus Larsen, also a romance sim with bolts for Ripp. Despite being bff's Tessa and Samus seemed well aware what kind of visit it was, taking turns to dance with Ripp and barely talking to each other until the drinks came out. Then, they sat on the couch talking while Ripp had the time of his life jumping on the couch next to them. I let him go way longer than necessary because I was disproportionately amused by Tessa and Samus casually talking while bouncing in place from Ripp's jumping. The sexiest man in Strangetown, everyone.

Melissa Tinker went on an outing that her brother Andreas invited her to. The next day she learned he had pulled some strings to get her promoted, landing her at the top of the business career track.

Sal-Lee Caliente moved downtown to its apartment complex/collective and is enjoying herself highly. Plenty of other likeminded women to fulfill her romance wants along with.

Liana Caliente got promoted, demoted and promoted again at her job in the architecture career. She befriended her colleague Anni-Frid Picaso and spent Saturday at the Strangetown pool with her sons Sugarpie and Honeybunch.

Sugarpie and Honeybunch both wanted to sneak out and since Liana has her bedroom on the upper floor it was easy to both get in and out without getting caught.

I am Error.
Instructor
#7779 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 2:30 AM
I will very selfishly completely ignore that I made a long post just a few days ago, and about very similar events. I had another wedding in Unnamed Area, Mattea Picaso finally got to make and wear her own wedding dress, after making one for nearly every U.A. bride this generation. She married young politician Randeep Piplärka, a sim I always thought was too bland and boring for her when they first got together, but who is really growing on me.

The wedding was after all just business as usual for Unnamed Area, the big news are that Mattea suddenly and unexpectedly rolled a want to become a witch and while the evil warlock was made selectable to take a photo at her wedding, I saw he had a want to be cured of being a witch. A playable witch is the requirement I had set down for buying the de-zombiefication potion for Aisha Nyssens, and now I could have one. And her warlock friend could happily retire from witchery. So when Mattea gave birth to her and Randeep's son Johnny, she was in the middle of concocting her first batch of Witchbegone-E.

Johnny was fed, cuddled, and put in his crib. The potion was finished, dezombiefication potion was bought, Yannick the evil warlock and Aisha Nyssens were called over and given their bottles, and Yannick drank his and was cured, while Aisha put hers away for consideration. Then Mattea cast her first and only spell, benemodus simae, and wolled a want to get cured of being a witch. I had expected her to hold out a bit longer, but it wasn't completely unexpected and we were prepared. She drank the second batch of Witchbegone-E and it was time for me to leave them. Oh, and Randeep became senator.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7780 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 5:13 AM
I've done my first testing on the Huge Lots Mod after installing it yesterday.The threee larger lot sizes I already installed are all for family farms and homesteads.
Screenshots
Scholar
#7781 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 3:01 PM
I took a little break from the game but recently went back to Strangetown, so let's check in on what's been happening.

Olive Specter - Nervous was forcibly taken away from her by the Beakers for experiments when they learned of his parentage. Nervous, now an adult and living on his own, has no memory of his mother; he has joined the military, as that's the only job that would take him in his damaged state. Olive tried to redeem herself and make up for her past relationship with Grim by fostering her orphaned niece. They are now good friends. She was given two more orphans to raise: Tina Traveller and Sharla Ottomas, whose families were both killed in the great Strangetown Catastrophe many years ago (an experiment gone wrong, also likely caused by the Beakers). Despite her tendency toward emotional distance, Olive did well with the girls, and when she passes away in the next day or two, they will move on to university, where David Ottomas already is.

Of course General Buzz's hatred of aliens is linked to his extreme attraction toward aliens. This all came out when he fell in love with and married Lola Curious, who is now going through a difficult pregnancy. Buzz still won't let alien hybrids join the military, but he may let them take certain town jobs. His prejudice toward full aliens remains, and he just made enemies with Stella Terrano, who is working in the science lab now.

The Beakers, despite their past misdeeds, are doing very well and have more money than anybody. Loki heads the science division, and Circe heads the medical division. They have a daughter, Luca, who despite my rolling the pacifier first, still seems to bear an unfortunately strong resemblance to Loki.

Vidcund Curious is living with Crystal Vu, who would like to get engaged to either him or Lazlo, but Vidcund has shown no signs of wanting to propose. Along with Vidcund's alien daughter, the couple has twin toddlers. Lazlo, meanwhile, lost his job and his girlfriend, and is mooching off his other brother, but at least he's maxing out his skill points.

Chloe Curious is living with Abhijeet Cho, Strangetown's not-very-good firefighter. They are expecting, and Chloe rolled a want to marry him while on a date with Ripp Grunt. Abhijeet probably doesn't want to get married. He's been seeing both Kristen Loste and Erin Beaker (who are roommates) on the side. But he loves Chloe best, and she may talk him into it.

Weddings:
- Tank Grunt and Klara Vonderstein: He joined the military, she is in natural science, both are fitting into Strangetown's culture nicely.
- Johnny Smith and Ophelia Nigmos: He plays music for tips, she is Strangetown's only police officer.
- William Williamson and Blossom Moonbeam: He opened an electronics store so Strangetown residents finally have a place to get cheap radios, TVs, and computers, and she is pregnant.
Lab Assistant
#7782 Old 10th Dec 2022 at 11:04 PM
Default James Bond being creepy
James Bond is being romantic with Le Chiffre's teen daughter, Destiny.
James, this...Needs to stop now! Someone please tell M that one of her agents is a creep and a weirdo!
Screenshots
Scholar
#7783 Old 11th Dec 2022 at 11:08 PM
I was able to play a couple of rounds in Strangetown before, and then today I had a good chunk of playing time, so I was able to play a round in Pleasantview. Pleasantview has roughly twice as many households as Strangetown. Pleasantview is getting gray, and it didn't help that there was a horrible catastrophe during this round that wiped out a large chunk of the next generation.

The incident happened at Bobbi Broke's house, which she was sharing with her stepbrother and new graduate, David Burb. Bobbi decided to throw a party with some college friends. She invited Evander Cox, Randall Lillard, and Marco Goth, as well as a couple of random dormies. Evander entered the house and immediately burst into flames for no reason. The fire spread quickly, and despite the smoke detector going off, Evander, Randall, Marco, and Bobbi all died. Only the random dormies and David were spared (David happened to be having his first woohoo with his college girlfriend at the time and so was busy when the fire broke out). This was a tragic loss for John and Brandi as well as David, so they invited David to move back into the family house rather than stay on his own in the death house where pretty much all his friends perished.

It was also a tragic day for Kennedy Cox, who not only lost his only child but also his wife, Andrea, who succumbed to flu because she insisted on going to work while she was sick. Left on his own, Kennedy sold his condo and moved into the retirement home, which is now full. Andrea had been the school principal. Chloe Sims, the only teacher, was promoted to principal to fill the vacancy. Beau Broke, who hated his science job, took the opportunity to jump into the open teaching job, a career he thought he might enjoy more. He and his wife, Holly, welcomed their daughter, Hayley, into the world. His brother, Dustin, also had a new addition to the family; Meadow gave birth to their second daughter, Golden.

Jennifer Burb, about to turn into an elder herself, has finally moved on from her affair with her married boss, Brandon Lillard, and has gotten engaged to a downtownie named Adrian. He is a freelance photographer, just a few years younger than Jennifer. They are sharing Jennifer's large house with Lucy and her husband, Ollie Carr, who basically have the upstairs. A grandchild is expected soon.

There was a rash of burglaries, but the culprit, Russ Bear, was finally caught breaking into Gino and Melanie Goth's house. I think for their neighbors, Alexander and Tosha Goth, the break-in will result in a "burglar baby." A similar incident--being awakened in the middle of the night and not having much else to do other than woohoo--was also how Orlando and Mackenzie Tellerman got their unexpected third child.
Forum Resident
#7784 Old 11th Dec 2022 at 11:45 PM
Ripp Grunt again. He got a chance card at work in which he decided to edit clips from a movie he made in highschool into a defective film. The director was furious and wanted his head on a plate, and the chance card said he got to keep his head but lost one point in creativity. But when he got home he had lost his job, too. To cheer himself up he asked his new friend Samus Larsen on a date and she became the sixteenth person he's wohooed with.

The next day was his birthday. Ripp invited fifteen out of his eighteen friends over, most of whom are also his lovers. Exactly the sort of gathering that would've been a disaster without the no jealousy mod. But it ended up being a good, and sober(!) time. People were keeping Ripp busy all day, one Dorian Caliente in particular was very keen on kissing and flirting and such, otherwise people were mostly waiting in long lines to tell him dirty jokes. Cappuchino Neighbour on his hand told dirty jokes to Tank Grunt, much to the latter's despair.

Birthday cake and a chips platter were had.

In the evening, people started to drop off bit by bit. Late at night, Tessa Ramirez and Dorian Caliente were the only guests left. The house was a mess and Ripp was tired and in a dire need to pee. He went to ask Tessa and Dorian to help with the cleaning, but Tessa seemed to anticipate it and quickly took off, leaving Dorian and Ripp to put the house back in order. Well, arguably it became cleaner than it usually is.

I am Error.
Scholar
#7785 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 3:08 PM
I've played some Strangetown, and things got crazy. Why is Strangetown always so much more chaotic than Pleasantview (but in a good way)?

There aren't that many households in Strangetown (I think there are 10), so I was able to get around a couple of days in each. Don't worry: the Beakers are doing fine and will never get their comeuppance. Loki and Circe both got promotions, and Circe is expecting their second child. They have oodles of money. They had Nervous over and both became friends with him. Unfortunately, shortly afterward Nervous died of food poisoning he contracted from eating garbage. (Or were they still conducting experiments on him, and this was another one that went horribly wrong? We shall never know.)

The real trouble started when I went to play Johnny and Ophelia. Ophelia was heavily pregnant. Johnny set the kitchen on fire making a late-night dinner and destroyed both the fridge and stove. They were too exhausted to clean up so both went to bed. Then Ophelia got into the "too hungry to sleep, too tired to get food" cycle. Eventually, she passed out in the bathroom. Johnny finally got up, cleaned up the kitchen, bought new appliances (he had to borrow more money to do so), and made some food. Then he went off to the main community lot to try to earn some money playing for tips. While he was there, Klara (Tank's wife) and General Buzz showed up. I knew Klara really liked Buzz, but I thought he was oblivious to it. But no--they both headed for the photobooth right away, then proceeded to make out in front of the whole town. Johnny eventually got enough tips to head home where he found Ophelia still asleep in the bathroom. He worried over her and tried to wake her up, and she died. Johnny of course was devastated. His plans are to go room with his buddy Ripp as he can't afford to stay in the house on his own.

On to Tank and Klara. Tank went to work. Klara had just had their son, Gordy, so she was home on leave. She invited Buzz over. They were just getting down to business when Tank got promoted and came home early. The fallout was intense. Tank divorced Klara immediately, and she moved out. He was absolutely crushed. Buzz was Tank's only best friend besides Klara. Buzz is completely ignorant of how much he hurt Tank. I got Klara settled in her new house, and she ran right for the toilet. Morning sickness! But who's the father? She just had a baby with Tank--is she now about to have her own kid's aunt or uncle?

Abhijeet and Chloe also broke up, but that was inevitable. They were both miserable and regretted getting married. Abhijeet has been taking care of their son, Abel, pretty much single-handedly, so he kept the house and custody. As soon as Chloe moved out, he was inviting Erin Beaker to move in. I guess he doesn't learn from his mistakes.
Mad Poster
#7786 Old 15th Dec 2022 at 8:34 PM
I tried put some newly sicovered CC from HERE in my game with Durango loaded up.I opened the lot bin first and all of the installed larger lots were showing up.New onject placed on service center.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7787 Old 15th Dec 2022 at 8:38 PM
Looks great @TadOlson ! I put one of those items in my hood too today:
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7788 Old 15th Dec 2022 at 8:40 PM
@Simsample I put more than one in Durango and Provided a better link for the download if anybody else wants it.
Instructor
#7789 Old 16th Dec 2022 at 1:17 PM
I've been busy with preparing for Christmas and had very little time for playing sims 2 for a few days. Yesterday I had some time to visit Orchard isle and as usual with that neighbourhood, the inhabitants behaved completely different from how I both expected and wanted them to. Maybe they know how best to keep me interested in them :P? In any case, young Suzy O'Rourke has been sent to uni. She got to stay in the same dorm where her father's fiancée, Yara, stayed when I made her playable - I had already made some students and placed them there to give Carmen Suzanne some playable friends when she went to uni, and when Michael O'Rourke struck up an affair with an non-playable student, I thought it was practical and simple to put her in that dorm so she had company. Didn't plan that one too well!

This has happened: Yara, the mother of Suzy's half siblings Axel and Ylva, has an affair with her former dormie, Axel. She's rolled a want to get engaged to him. He's rolled a want to get engaged to her. I am undecided about the whole thing and it's messy. When Suzy moved in, she scoped the room and said Axel was hot. I giggled and thought "No way, young lady, we're not opening THAT can of worms!" but Axel thought differently. He went up and smooched Suzy on her second day in the dorm, and she just accepted - they weren't even friends yet! Now Suzy has a crush on Axel and wants to kiss him and ask him on a date and make out with him. Orchard Isle thinks it's a daytime soap! The drama dorm is suitably enough haunted by a drama professor, Tanguy Ovantorp, who comes and goes as he pleases. But Carmen Suzanne has managed to finish her first term anyway, and since several of the students are musical, they have got a band going. Suzy on bass, Axel on drums, Svante Shastina (also a playable) on guitar. They spend a lot of their free time practising on the rooftop of the dorm, which keeps them out of mischief.
Mad Poster
#7790 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 10:01 PM
I ended up loading my Pleasantview game though the only thing that happened was another wall section got raised at the service center and some new decor was added to the town.
Screenshots
Scholar
#7791 Old 20th Dec 2022 at 5:36 PM
Dina Goth finally got both her kids off to college, and she wanted to downsize into someplace more modern, so she and Don moved into Kennedy Cox's old condo. It's really nice with a hot tub and its own little pool, so it's perfect for Dina. And it's right next door to where Nina and Komei live. Of course Don has already been working on reigniting his romance with Nina behind Dina's back.

Dina still had to do something with the old Goth Manor. She decided to rezone it and turn it into a very tacky haunted-house attraction. I gave it all the spooky decorations plus some fun stuff to do there. Once Dina buys it, she'll move all the dead Goths back in so it will be perfect for Sims who want to see a ghost. I'm not sure what the neighbors think, but too bad--Dina didn't ask them.
Forum Resident
#7792 Old 21st Dec 2022 at 10:28 PM
Tank Grunt got settled in his new house back in Strangetown. Silver Ståhl, who was his first ever date back in the day, invited him to an outing Downtown along with Lola Curious and Ophelia Nigmos amongst others.

Selma and Joakim Picaso became adults. They had a small celebration with their older sister Anni-Frid and respective friends Sugarpie Caliente and Egoraptor Schwissenbaum. As Selma and Joakim was out getting new clothes for themselves, Sugarpie and Egoraptor started bickering in the downstairs bathroom. I guess the Picaso house is only big enough for one vest-wearing red-haired teenage guy. As for Selma and Joakim it was interesting to see their "intended" faces considering Jessica Picaso's broken face template. And if Matthew hasn't already figured out that Buzz is the biological father of the twins, one look at adult Joakim should tell him.

Bella Goth finally learned to make chocolate without making a mess.

Cappuchino Neighbour kept on with the at-home salon he took over from his friend Brahe Neighbour. One day a lot of people were on the lot just hanging out, and since he didn't want to kick them out, and them socializing is a good way to earn some extra stars with no effort, Capps simply went to bed at night without closing up shop. Of course, that's when one of the reviewers decided to pop over, around 3 at night, and get pissy about the state of the business. Then again, perhaps a shop standing open and empty while the owner is fast asleep inside the house doesn't give the best impression. But he got a few extra stars overnight and is now eight away from level 10, so Julia Spelare and her negative review can eat it.

I am Error.
Top Secret Researcher
#7793 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 9:03 PM
The Star household (Luna Star, Fox Star, River Galaxy. Luna and Fox are married and River and Luna are siblings) - They have arrived, fleeing fighting on their home planet, to SimEarth and settled downtown. Luna is green, Fox has mannequin skin and River has zombie skin, but is not a zombie. They greet people that pass by and make friends. Most sims seem to be accepting of these newcomers, and welcoming. Luna gets pregnant very quickly. They got a job in the athletic career but don't get to go to their first day before their baby bump appears. River has a high interest in food so he studies cooking. River gets a job in the music career. Fox finally finds a job in the slacker career. I gave them all jobs in something they wished to do when they first plopped down on the lot. They work on their careers. Though Luna's is on hold because pregnancy. They begin work on a novel but they haven't gotten far yet. Luna gives birth in the bathroom, alone, despite fox and 2 other sims sitting on the couch in the living room. They come after the twins, yes, twins, are born. Venus and Kozmika. Venus is green and Kozmika is mannequin skin. River has been promoted to level 4 in music career so far. Daddy fox and Uncle River help with the twins as well. The babies are loved.

The Fruhm household at Land Grant University (Alicia Ternynck, Katelyn Oates, Crystal Parker and Narissa Lajoie) - They all do well in school. They have multiple parties. Sometimes broken up by the police. Nerissa and Sharlene autonomously kissed and became crushes. Katelyn got it on with girlfriend Ida Juana Knowe. Alicia proposed to Dixie Land, and she accepted! Just don't let Dixie know Alicia is cheating on her. Alicia and Dixie get it on. They get a genie lamp and Katelyn and Alicia each use it to wish for wealth. They will be graduating but Crystal and Nerissa will stay in the Greek house as placeholders until who knows when. Alicia now has the genie lamp in her inventory, 1 wish is left. They have an attempted burglar attack but they have a security alarm so all was ok! The burglar was caught. Alicia graduated with a 3.8 GPA and moved out of Uni and moved in with her girlfriend Dixie Land in Bluewater Village. Katelyn graduated with a 3.7 GPA and moved out of Uni and moved in with her girlfriend Ida Juana Knowe in Widespot. Both Katelyn and Alicia did get graduation parties.

The Hoh Household at Land Grant University (Trevor Thompson, Christian Despret, and Ramin Warner) - They got Todd to pledge! Had a party, as one does, and saw Ramin had a "have first woohoo" want and had no idea who he would do it with when ACR decided on some fellow dormie and they went straight from first kiss, to first make out, to first woohoo. I'm positive I could not have told them to do that because their relationship wasn't that high lol. And for some reason the llama mascot and Ramin don't get along.

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#7794 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 7:36 PM Last edited by sturlington : 27th Dec 2022 at 8:03 PM.
Strangetown reboot again. I didn't like the way the previous one was going. This time I am playing only three households: Smiths, Grunts, and Johnny-Ophelia-Ripp. I am playing the Curiouses on triple speed but not actively doing anything with them and completely ignoring the Beakers/Nervous Subject. I also put in a mod that shortens all age spans to encourage me to keep with it longer, but not until Johnny/Ophelia/Ripp became adults. I've been playing quite a lot over break, so I got pretty far with them.

Johnny, Ophelia, and Ripp did not go to college. They got enough money from their families when they moved out to afford a trailer home. Jealousy was set to zero. Johnny works in music. Ripp kept his slacker job but paints on the side. Ophelia got a job as a landscaper. Johnny and Ophelia got married right away and quickly had two kids: Kendra and Kyle. Both are redheads with Ophelia's skin. Ripp got three loves: Chloe, Lola, and Ophelia. Chloe and Lola were moved in. They moved to a bigger house. Ripp and Chloe had two kids, much younger than Johnny's: Zack and Eva. Both are alien skin with blond hair and will have the Grunt name.

After Johnny moved out, PT#9 and Jenny had another daughter, Jana. She has alien skin and red hair. Jill became a teen (Fortune). She went to college with Buck. Jana became a teen (Knowledge). PT#9 died of old age.

Tank grew up without going to college and stayed at home. He joined the military. He is gay but found no love interest. Buck became a teen (Knowledge) and dated Jill, since she was the only other teen in town at the time. They had their first kiss and woohoo, then went to college, where they lived together. General Buzz got a huge bonus through a chance card, then got a demotion. Tank took up robotics as a hobby. He made every kind of robot except a servo and got booted out of the military, so he opened up his own robotics shop. Buck and Jill graduated. They moved into the Grunt house but did not get married, and Jill had a son, Kevin. He has fair skin with red hair and took the Grunt name. Buzz quickly became attached to him. As an elder, he took up writing novels and painting, and he quit the military. Both Tank and Buck contracted food poisoning from bad Chinese food brought by the munchie bot and died. Buzz sold all the robots and Tank's shop. Jill started an affair with Ajay Loner, got pregnant, and died during the pregnancy, leaving Buzz alone with Kevin. Since he was halfway through elderhood by this point, Buzz convinced Ripp to move back home with Chloe and the kids so Kevin wouldn't be left alone when he died. Kevin became a teen (Knowledge) and is very much like Buck except for hair color. I left them with Ripp and his family just moving back in.

Jana went to college with her cousin Tycho Curious. During college, she changed her aspiration to Fortune. She did not develop any real love interests. After graduation, she moved back in with her mother and that's where she is now. Johnny and Ophelia's kids are about to start college; Kendra is a Romance Sim, and Kyle is Family. When Ripp and Chloe left, Lola also moved out of the Smith house to live with Ajay and be played on three speed.

As an experiment, I also played the Ottomases on three speed to see how long they'd last. I did nothing with them but cheat the toddler skills and pay their bills. The first time, someone set a kitchen fire, which was somehow spread to all the other rooms of the house and then outside despite there being a smoke detector, so the entire lot burned. When it was over, only the kids were left, but Jenny Smith and Ripp Grunt had also died in the fire when passing by, so I exited without saving. The second time, the house got trashed with baby bottles and dirty dishes, and even though Tommy was supposed to age up, no one took him out of the crib so he could. Eventually, one of the twin toddlers kept passing out on the bathroom floor from tiredness and hunger. All of the adults were so obsessed with this they didn't take care of their own needs and so all of them died, including David. The kids were then all put up for adoption. Both times, I don't think they lasted more than four days.
Mad Poster
#7795 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 1:28 AM
Christmas and New Year in one go (finally kicked my behind and collected together CC to do some holiday-themed pictures).
Scholar
#7796 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 4:59 PM
I have had COVID this week so I have been playing quite a lot. There was an election in Pleasantview. Amin Sims was reelected mayor. Jennifer Burb ousted her former boss and lover, Brandon Lillard, as judge and is now gunning for mayor in the next election, but I think Amin will have to die for her to defeat him. Dustin Broke narrowly won District Attorney, running against his former law partner, Randy Sims.

Big drama in the Pleasant-Dreamer families. There was a fire at the Dreamer household, killing one of the twin teen boys, Dylan. At the funeral, Mary-Sue rather inappropriately consoled Dirk, and Lilith realized that something had happened between them in the past. That was a sin she could not forgive, so she moved out. She is staying with her good friend, Sophie Carr.

At the Pleasant household, Mary-Sue continued to carry on with younger men, flaunting it in Daniel's face, forcing him to realize what a rat he's been to her. He is now more in love with her than ever, and she's satisfied that everyone realizes she's the one in charge. Mary-Sue also realized her goal of becoming a business tycoon and retired.

I've had some marriages and births. I can't remember what I previously reported, so here's a rundown:
- Gino Goth (son of Mortimer and Dina) married Melanie Long (alien-abduction daughter of Benjamin) and they had a baby; Melanie is also cheating on Gino with Chandler Tellerman, who is hopelessly in love with her and broke up with his fiancee, Sophie, on account of it.
- Sophie quickly got married to her former boss and lover, Kennedy Cox, who was widowed, and they are trying to have a baby to carry on the Cox name, since Kennedy's son was one of the four young adults killed in the tragic party fire that wiped out a good portion of my upcoming generation.
- Ollie Carr and Lucy Burb Carr had a baby named Augie.
- Beau Broke and Holly Copur Broke had a second daughter named Ryder.
- Jimmy Phoenix married Kaylynn Langerak and they had a daughter named Riley.
- Lorenzo Tellerman (oldest son of Orlando and Mackenzie) got engaged to Tina Goth (daughter of Mortimer and Dina), a marriage that will join my two largest families.
Forum Resident
#7797 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 11:06 PM
Love-in-a-mist Larsen-Neighbour invited her girlfriend over and they had wohoo for what was apparently the first time for them both. The next day she went to the Strangetown gym. She lives Downtown and usually works out at the gym/pool I've built there, and then works as a personal trainer on the smaller (i.e less things to do and higher chance of a non-playable sim using the training equipment) one in main Strangetown. This time, Violin Neighbour and Ophelia Nigmos got to be her vict...clients.

Antonio Caliente and his wife Look Away-inator Schwissenbaum grew up to elders. They held a small gathering with their closest friends and family. Their teenage son Egoraptor got an A at school and found a genie lamp.

Violin Neighbour invited her son Batty and grandson Froggy out for drinks, pool and rowdy folk songs at the Strangetown pub Wayfarer.

Crescendo Neighbours two children Houdini and Demeter grew up: first Houdini became a straight romance teen and the next day Demeter became a child. Crescendo was constantly tired taking care of a toddler as a single parent, so Houdini being a teen was very helpful for the last day of it as he would autonomously help out, including putting Demeter to bed as Crescendo eventually crashed on the couch. Otherwise he enjoys computer- and video games just like his father.

I am Error.
Inventor
#7798 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 5:13 AM
I'm trying to kick the habit of starting and abandoning hoods. It's been frustrating me that I'll start hoods with good ideas and intentions, only to eventually fall out of playing them, forget where I was when I come back to them, and decide it's too much hassle to figure it out. Then I get NEW ideas and NEW intentions, and the cycle starts over. I think a big part of the issue is that, in the back of my mind, I considered them temporary hoods to mess with until I set up the perfect hood. Which I never got around to, because I just don't have the energy to curate the sort of Downloads folder I would need to start a hood that way. So instead, I started my newest one with the explicit thought that I will put in mods as I see fit and let things evolve over time. It doesn't have to be perfect now, or ever, and I'm allowed to change things if I want to.

I started with a few sim families, and I actually managed to sit down and write bios for both households and the individual members (and keep them updated). The story of the hood is that some families, one in particular, have decided to found a city meant to eventually surpass SimCity itself! This new venture is being spearheaded by Richard Belfast and his family, naming the new community "Centralia". The Belfast clan was joined by the much smaller family of the Adamas. Charles Adama is Richard's best friend and rival. The Barrows came along, looking for new opportunities in a new place. The Mendez household, three frat brothers fresh from college, also arrived quickly to build their futures with the new town. But not all is how the Belfasts want to present it. In the south of town lives the small Winfield family. Walter thought he had found a nice quiet place to live out the rest of his days... but now these new people have arrived. And near the Winfields is the Hoss family home, where generations have tended the farm plots next door. They aren't so certain about these city-slickers and their ideas for the area.

Things seem to be going fairly well, though I did mess up slightly when I forgot about possibly getting Vincent Belfast together with Whitney Winfield, and instead used the Find A Mate Crystal Ball. He got introduced to the leader of the Music & Dance hobby lot, Edith, with whom he has three bolts. By the time I remembered, it was a bit too late He was already in love with Edith, and he and Whitney barely knew each other. It's not a huge deal, though, as I didn't have any solid plans for them. (I didn't even know who would be attracted to who when I created the sims, as I had no intentions of getting certain sims together).
Link Ninja
#7799 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 6:44 AM
Well it's a new year! I just finished a very long recap of what went on in my hood the latter half of 2022 in the ongoing thread I started in 2017. Lots of lore and pics and story tidbits! As of now, I have a big Cosgrove wedding planned and an underground fight club business to start!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#7800 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 9:40 PM
The Hoh household at LGU - Todd Jordan joins the Greek house. It's now Christian, Trevor, Ramin and Todd. They have a lot of parties. Ramin becomes a good witch but only because he is too lazy to hunt down the evil witch so he used the good witch to become a witch and has been studying the path of darkness. Ramin and the llama Mascot Jeff don't get a long and Ramin has sent bees on him a couple times and made him cluck like a chicken. Ramin also got abducted into the secret society. Ramin falls in love with a girl he's already woohoo'd long before they even became best friends because ACR. I accidentally missed Todd's first final exam so he got on academic probation! And I also realized I forgot to give him a major so I did that to, philosphy. He did do great in semesters since though .

Trevor graduated, had a graduation party. He had gotten his partner Blossom Moonbeam pregnant while in college and Blossom's still pregnant and was there to see him graduate. He has now moved in with them in Moon Islands. Where next round they shall have their baby. Or babies.

Christian graduated! And girlfriend Mona Lam was right there to see him graduate. Christian moved out into a placeholder-thing lot, invited Mona over, moved her in so she auto-aged to adult, and she brought $16k! So they moved to Bluewater village and are working on buildind their own home. They got what they absolutely need at the moment but ran outta money so they don't have any windows or wallpaper yet lol. I love the fact i'm using house plans now. During the graduation party Todd had his first woohoo and fell in love with a girl named Yvette. Crystal Parker and Andy Bellum had a fight. I forget who won.

My Simblr
He/They
Page 312 of 349