Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[EphemerA]FMW'Skin-DUNE Set

by teru_k Posted 25th Sep 2008 at 7:02 PM - Updated 22nd Sep 2011 at 4:56 PM by Phaenoh : fixing typos ;)

212 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 144 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Field Researcher
#26 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 2:25 AM
Oh...my...god!! These look absolutely fabulous! You have truly outdone yourself. Thank you so much!! Don't you dare stop making skins
Forum Resident
#27 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 3:08 AM
wowwww!!I love your skins!! Thank you so much for sharing here.
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 3:20 AM
Actually, I fell in love with your work at first sight!
And this time,a big surprise again! Thank youXD!
BTW,about your new policy,I'd say I respect your effort on your works and totally understand your feelings.So...no pressure,just make your own decision and I'll be glad to go with it.
PLEASE don't give up your talent on creating such beautiful works.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:53 AM
These skins are beautiful, Thank you for sharing, I also hope you reconsider your policy as I have seen beautiful blends of your skins always created to you of course, most people are honest and respect your talent.
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:10 AM
these arE so beautiful , thank ya so much! =D
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:28 AM
Yes, yes! more yummy skins by Ephemera! well done, these are so nice looking, I hope you are watching the comments though, and I even hope greaterly that you will upload even more items for us, thank you!
Test Subject
#32 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:46 AM
Blends done with your skins are so easily recognizable that anyone who sees them and knows your work will recognize them regardless of what the "creator" says about them. Please reconsider your new policy. I almost only download blends of your skins and not only will the good creators suffer, but so will your fans who won't be able to get anymore blends.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:40 AM
One word: Yummy!!! This skintone set looks absolutely delicious, lol. These are great, thank, thank you!!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:58 AM
I hope you reconsider your policy, especially considering how there's not a big variety in this skintone set. I try to add skins to my game in equal amounts of light/dark. I can understand not wanting to make every variety of color under the sun, but not allowing recolors means no one can ever have a full set of your skins.
Test Subject
#35 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:18 AM
Thanks!
Field Researcher
#36 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:28 AM
Thanks a lot for more awesomeness.
I am sorry about the problems...

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:31 AM
Georgeous work. I love your skin and models. Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 8:06 AM
I love your work, with or without the restrictive policy. ^w^ You're one of the most talented artists in the Sims world~! Thankyou for sharing!
Alchemist
#39 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 9:54 AM
Very beautiful, smooth and delicious, thanks!
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 10:57 AM
Thanks TK.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 11:19 AM Last edited by bluelady : 26th Sep 2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Is a "Thanks" post.
These skintone are beautiful, you have no idea how happy I was to see you had uploaded something again.

Maybe it's because I've played the game for so long, but I tend to recognize skintones based off or blended with your skins - and I certainly recognize them outright in their original form. You're a very prominent creator in the community, and it's so completley understandable that you are upset. No-one likes other people claiming their hard work - it's a fact of life.

However, as many others have said, those with diregard to your feelings will also disregard your policy. The only people you are stopping are your fans, who will want to follow your policy and not upset you.

Anyway, you have tremendous talent, and I don't know a single person who dislikes your creations. Well done, and thankyou.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 11:51 AM
I have found someone used my texture and material without permission and even published those works as their own works serval times since long time ago. I said please ask for permission, keep credit, and changed my policy. But it doesn't work. I feel sad.

I am still making and sharing my works, coz I really like this game and creation. I try my best on making every time. I also hope that people download my works because they like them and think these works are good for game use, NOT because the works are materials for blending/mixing "new" works.

Sorry, English is not my first language. Hope you can understand what I am saying.
And I really really want to say thanks to the creators who recoloured/reworked on my works and kept the credit before.
Scholar
#43 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 12:22 PM
Teru, its a shame that someone did that but you are now punishing people who did credit you, and did ask permission..people who really did respect your amazing skins. I really do hope you reconsider your new policy.

What does this mean regarding tattooing them? Previously, I PMd you and you said it was always fine to add tattoos to your skins as long as I gave credit..I always did, and now you've changed your policy to no editing..so I take it that people are no longer allowed to tattoo your skins as well? If that is the case, I really really do hope you reconsider. You should not let the one person who treated you badly get the best of you, and punish others who did nothing wrong.

Part of the reason why you were so popular as a creator was because of your fantastic works and fantastic policy that went with it.

Apologies for the rant, but I wanted to add in my say. Was unsure whether to PM this or not. Overall..I just hope you reconsider this, but its your choice and right not to.
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 12:28 PM
Wow!! my favorite's come agian
This very nice.
Thank u for good job.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teru_k
I have found someone used my texture and material without permission and even published those works as their own works serval times since long time ago. I said please ask for permission, keep credit, and changed my policy. But it doesn't work. I feel sad.

The people who try to say your work is theirs will not care that you say they can't now. They will continue to do it. I am sorry that it upsets you and I wish there was a way to force them to stop, but there isn't

I am still making and sharing my works, coz I really like this game and creation. I try my best on making every time. I also hope that people download my works because they like them and think these works are good for game use, NOT because the works are materials for blending/mixing "new" works.

Sorry, English is not my first language. Hope you can understand what I am saying.
And I really really want to say thanks to the creators who recoloured/reworked on my works and kept the credit before.

We love your work! I have every skin you've made so far I think. They are beautiful and distinctive. Personally, I don't care for "blended" skintones that combine different people's work together, but it is very useful to be able to recolor, add tatoos, alter the feet so they fit detailed foot meshes, things like that.

If you are thankful to people who have done things with your skins and given credit, you should allow them to still do so.
Scholar
#46 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 1:37 PM Last edited by Nouk : 26th Sep 2008 at 1:49 PM.

People wanting to use your textures for new colors and creation is the biggest compliment you can get in this community.
Restricting this kind of work is only good for stroking your own ego (my stuff is already perfect, you will not use it for other creations) and not for anything else.
You can trust your stuff is good enough for people's games, that's why you get this many downloads, that's why you have this many fans, that's why people want your skins in all the colors they can think of.
Again, you are just restricting yourself and those that support you, and this will have no effect on people who want to do what they want.
And there's many many fans, probably thousands and thousands, and only a few thieves, max 15. So what's the point in doing this?
You will only get more annoyances and frustrations if you keep caring about a few thieves and not about the thousands that do respect you.
In the end you will feel frustrated enough to quit, and that will be it. You will have accomplished nothing.

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Scholar
#47 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaniCast
I agreed with Nouk but still, I love everything you do. Don´t be upset, imitation is the highest form of flattering. You are one of the best creators in the simsland and you know it.

I absolutely love your skins....and this new set is breathtaking, but I have to agree with DaniCast on this issue. Unless you start policing all of those who download your content, you will never completely control your uploads...fortunately the majority of users are honest and give credit where credit is due. Please don't cut off your nose to spite your face!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 2:28 PM
First, I have to say that this skintone, along with all of your other skintones, is beautiful beyond words! :lovestruc
But I have to follow it by saying I'm disappointed with the new policy as so many others. Part of life is that we have to accept the good with the bad. In doing so, we have to make decisions based on both sides. If there are just a few people breaking the rules in comparison to the greater number creating the right way (which has created literally THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of beautiful simmies), then I fear you've made the wrong decision. People who break the rules will continue to break the rules and the rest of us who truly love and respect what you've brought to our community will suffer. I don't download your skins because I plan on blending them. I download them because they're beautiful - besides, I don't really have that kind of talent. But there are people who do have the talent. I would think it's a great compliment that they consider your work to be such a remarkable inspiration.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 2:30 PM
Teru,
your skintones are amazing, you know it, and there are tons of people that love them as much as I do. I won't repeat what's been said, I'd just like to write in here that all these people would love you to call off this new policy... just because they love your work.
think of it, please
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:28 PM Last edited by nantp179 : 26th Sep 2008 at 4:45 PM. Reason: got the answer now
wow! these are amazing, i'm downloading all of them (again)!
love it. just love it.
by the way, i really like those eyes you use for your tan skin sim (both male and female), can you please tell where you got them from?
anyway, your stuff rocks forever!
XD

EDIT: Oops! i just realise those eyes are from your E-Studio site, oh wow! thank you again for such lovely work, these are purr-fect!

My Chemical Ravenance*
Page 2 of 9