Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#301 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 2:36 PM Last edited by Lady Scarlet : 25th Mar 2012 at 3:37 PM.
Hey Anonymous101, welcome here ^^ I'm happy to see new faces here ^^
I enjoyed reading your plan for the neighbourhood ^^ It's very detailed and laboured (I wish I was so careful and patient when I started this challenge).

What else can I say? Good luck with the Challenge ^^ It's a little complicated at the beginning, but it's worth every effort ^^ Don't forget to have fun and maybe share with us some of your impressions & stories & photos ^^

P.S. The new chapter is ready ^^ As I promised, this one is about Renost and Haiete and their first four years in Paris.
http://dark-ages-stories.blogspot.c...-1620-1624.html
Advertisement
Banned
#302 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Scarlet
Hey Anonymous101, welcome here ^^ I'm happy to see new faces here ^^
I enjoyed reading your plan for the neighbourhood ^^ It's very detailed and laboured (I wish I was so careful and patient when I started this challenge).

What else can I say? Good luck with the Challenge ^^ It's a little complicated at the beginning, but it's worth every effort ^^ Don't forget to have fun and maybe share with us some of your impressions & stories & photos ^^

P.S. The new chapter is ready ^^ As I promised, this one is about Renost and Haiete and their first four years in Paris.
http://dark-ages-stories.blogspot.c...-1620-1624.html

I still need to rework the Trial and set the Execution. I may need to add a special sim to enter the politics career and become a judge, and further I may need to add a special sim to enter the law enforcement career and become part of the vice squad, meaning that the sim can officially be an executioner. I may also add different punishments for different convicts. Upper class convicts, bourgeois and up, will be just "decapitated with a single blow" to ensure the minimal pain, and lower class convicts, everybody else, will be "hanged, quartered, and drawn". For lower class women, they will be "burned at the stake".

In the game though, all the punished sims will die by a given interaction in the game, and that interaction will never be shown in pictures because it would be considered "too gruelsome". In reality, I just don't show them because I don't have any means to really decapitate a sim, hang a sim, butcher a sim into four pieces, draw a sim with horses, or burn a sim at the stake.
Instructor
#303 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 7:25 PM
Well, I know it's kind of cruel, but I like your ideas ^^ It makes everything a little more real.It reminds me of something and also gives me new ideas for new chapters ^^
Well, I can't wait to see some of your stories and/or photo =^.^=
Instructor
Original Poster
#304 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 8:40 PM
Welcome, Anonymous Nice to see a new face, even without a name (sorry for the pun, couldn't help myself lol).

I like your plans! they look really good. I especially like what you've done with the church and adding to the evil behaviors. I may use some of those myself. I also think your plans for law and order look quite useful. I purposely kept the game PG-13, but I have been playing my own nh with more "adult" themes and behaviors. I look forward to seeing updates, etc from your developing nh.

Best wishes!

Lady Scarlet, I'm working on the website--and looking forward to reading your latest update I'll be around for the next few days more than usual since I'm on break--I have a little issue I am working on clearing up (wish me luck! I think I found some bad memories--potential nh corruption --keeping my fingers crossed I can take care of it still).
Banned
#305 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M3g7e
...I think I found some bad memories--potential nh corruption --keeping my fingers crossed I can take care of it still)...

Hi M3g7e,

Have you ever considered saving your lots to the lots and houses bin and your custom-made sims to the CAS bin and cloning sims born within the game in case you have lost everything due to neighbourhood corruption? You may want to do that in case you can't play your neighbourhood some time in the future. Storing a backup copy of everything is always useful.
Instructor
Original Poster
#306 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 11:51 PM
Hi, Anonymous

I do have most lots saved in the lots and houses bin. I have know idea how to clone CAS made sims, or born-in game sims ... at a total loss there. I am **very** interested in hearing more! I have several backups of the whole nh stored on the hard drive. But this problem looks like it originated over 10 months ago, and I don't plan on going back that far ... I wiped all corrupt memory from the affected sims (which I discovered quite by accident), killed them, and made sure the lot where their graves are would have no walkbys. I just don't know what else to do. ....
Banned
#307 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 2:06 AM
... I have know idea how to clone CAS made sims, or born-in game sims ... at a total loss there. I am **very** interested in hearing more! ...

I used to be a regular over at the official BBS and read the official tutorials as well as the fan-made tutorials and downloaded sims and Maxoidmonkey's sims and lots and read stories and watched movies. Over time, my knowledge of the Sims 2 game and SimPE have greatly improved. Too bad the BBS is not as popular nor as stable as it used to be, now that the sims 3 is on the rise and in its heyday.

Anyway, the process of cloning CAS sims is different from the process of cloning born-in game sims.

How to clone Bodyshop sims:

You save a copy of the sim in Bodyshop and never delete the sim.

How to clone CAS sims:

You use collections found in CAS, save the sim in it and never delete the sim.

How to clone born-in game sims:

You open SimPE and open a neighbourhood (any neighbourhood will do). Wait for the application to load completely. It may take a while, depending on how many expansion packs you have. Go to Sim Surgery tool under Tools, and click on it. Sim Surgery can be used to modify the sim's characteristics and can be used to clone a born-in sim or self-made sim that can't otherwise be recreated by the traditional CAS method. Under Patient Sim, click on Use and then click on Export. This will export to where you want. Make sure that you export the sim to your Saved Sims folder so that Bodyshop may read the file. In Bodyshop, I suggest that you clone the sim because the sim's file may have hidden data attached and may corrupt your game in the future. The newly created sim should be identical to the old one, but it must be custom, meaning that no hidden files are attached and can therefore corrupt the game.
Test Subject
#308 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 10:54 AM
Wow Lady Scarlet, I love that link to the character traits, thanks a lot (:

And guys, how do you make your signature show up? I have made it in the user-control-panel-thing, but I can't see it on my posts.. Hmm. Any ideas?
Instructor
Original Poster
#309 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 4:10 PM
I agree--Lady Scarlet, it's an awesome link for character traits. I used it yesterday ... am updating the website ... slowly. I have a story brewing--but I am slooow writer!

Lady F, to have your siggy show up, just go to Edit Options (under User Tools), scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and you'll see a box to tick to show your signature in posts.

Anonymous, thanks so much for all of the detailed info. That definitely gives me some things to think about. So, if I have a character--say saved in a backup folder that I would perhaps want to "resurrect"--theoretically, I could install the backup, clone them and put them back in game using the method above? (I mean, I understand that I would have to repair relationships, etc, etc)

Right now, I have a situation where I found a family of sims with corrupt memories--the boy had moved out as a teen, using the teleporter, and apparently something went awry ... well, suffice it to say, he and they had corrupt memories and he never aged on their family tree, his relationship with them remained static over time, and so on. I played him to adult--he was still a teen on their family tree. I tested the situation several ways to try to sort out what went wrong. Suffice it to say, borkage evident. The game no longer read him as the teen boy who moved out of his parent's home--he was now a different person--from both directions. I realize this is likely a VBT that will eventually implode the whole hood--I try to go in to these things with eyes wide open--but I like (to try) to keep the rot from spreading too quickly. So, I killed him and his family and buried them on a lot where no one will ever visit or walk by. At this point, the initial error occurred over ten months ago and I found it quite by accident--so far, no signs of doom in the actual play of the hood. But still. Not good.

And I hated having to kill him off. His family--meh. But, I might like to have him available for story telling purposes ... I had sort of just written him off after the doomsday discovery... now you've got me thinking. Not to mention the fact that maybe I should be taking steps to preserve other characters who are fine now and who I would want to protect ... and just when I thought I had plenty of projects going at once to keep me crazy forever! lol
Banned
#310 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 1:26 AM Last edited by Anonymous101 : 28th Mar 2012 at 3:46 AM.
Anonymous, thanks so much for all of the detailed info. That definitely gives me some things to think about. So, if I have a character--say saved in a backup folder that I would perhaps want to "resurrect"--theoretically, I could install the backup, clone them and put them back in game using the method above? (I mean, I understand that I would have to repair relationships, etc, etc)

Right now, I have a situation where I found a family of sims with corrupt memories--the boy had moved out as a teen, using the teleporter, and apparently something went awry ... well, suffice it to say, he and they had corrupt memories and he never aged on their family tree, his relationship with them remained static over time, and so on. I played him to adult--he was still a teen on their family tree. I tested the situation several ways to try to sort out what went wrong. Suffice it to say, borkage evident. The game no longer read him as the teen boy who moved out of his parent's home--he was now a different person--from both directions. I realize this is likely a VBT that will eventually implode the whole hood--I try to go in to these things with eyes wide open--but I like (to try) to keep the rot from spreading too quickly. So, I killed him and his family and buried them on a lot where no one will ever visit or walk by. At this point, the initial error occurred over ten months ago and I found it quite by accident--so far, no signs of doom in the actual play of the hood. But still. Not good.

I think a game mod is causing the neighbourhood corruption. Perhaps, it's best to contact the developer of the mod at this point. Teens can't really move out of their household in a completely unmodified game. Teens can run away from home, if their relationship with all their family members become low enough, and they will usually return home to prepare for adulthood. You may use the method I have provided to clone a sim and put the sim into the house. You may set the relationships, only if you know exactly what you are doing. Then, refrain from using the mod that is suspected to cause neighbourhood corruption, or at best, remove the mod from your game. Perhaps, in the story, you may pretend that the teens are living by themselves, and build a little house on the big lot to "show" it. In reality, everyone lives on the same lot, so it's like a little tiny neighbourhood.

Anyway, in my game, I have added the possibility of a lawyer to the Trial, and basically the defendant's lawyer will influence the likelihood of success of winning the case on behalf of the plaintiff. The lawyer's presence, willingness to help the defendant, experience, and salary will determine the final result. I felt something was missing about the courtroom. If I were in a courtroom, sued for doing wrongdoing, then I might want to have a lawyer to defend my case.
Test Subject
#311 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 6:40 AM
M3g7e, thank you SO MUCH for the time and effort you have put into creating this challenge. I continue to be amazed at how complex and thorough it is! I just ordered the rest of the EPs that I don't have, and will start this up as soon as I have them all. I'm also not going to use InTeen, for various reasons, but I will age up teens manually if necessary, while keeping their ages the same in my records.

Some people in this thread have been asking for spreadsheets. I made one, but it is very bare bones but better than nothing, attached to this message. I've already added some points from what I have rolled for them (e.g., join a convent), and some things that might not make sense are just my own notes. I get my names from here , as I am terrible at doing it myself. And

For ladies who roll to become a "lady of pleasure," do they still roll for discovery of "deflowering?" And I'm guessing that if two people have no living parents, they can get married no problem?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Warwick.rar (15.3 KB, 44 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
Original Poster
#312 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 2:05 PM
Ileeen, it is always nice to see a new face around here! Welcome!

Quote: Originally posted by Ileeen
M3g7e, thank you SO MUCH for the time and effort you have put into creating this challenge. I continue to be amazed at how complex and thorough it is!

I'm glad you're enjoying it. There are still a number of corrections that need to be made (don't miss the page number changes given on the head post), for example--and you may want to use Anonymous's method for calculating discovery of criminals since the equation given in 2.0 is bogus and will NOT deliver a good outcome (Math = Not My Strong Point ). So, Warwickshire is still a work in progress.

I'm also not going to use InTeen, for various reasons, but I will age up teens manually if necessary, while keeping their ages the same in my records.

The only reason you'd need to age up teens is if you wanted them to marry. Otherwise, you shouldn't ever need to age a teen for Warwickshire ...

Some people in this thread have been asking for spreadsheets. I made one, but it is very bare bones but better than nothing, attached to this message.

Thank You! You are such a dear for sharing this. It is much appreciated.
And

For ladies who roll to become a "lady of pleasure," do they still roll for discovery of "deflowering?" And I'm guessing that if two people have no living parents, they can get married no problem?

I don't see a need to worry about defloweration in the case of a "lady of pleasure." And yes, sims without parents can do what they please, unless you decide otherwise.

Basically, the only people who are likely to fall afoul of the Romance behaviors are 1) teen girls who have parents and are upperclass, 2) (un)married men who deflower #1, 3) (un)married men who have affairs with married women who are of a higher class than themselves, and 4) (un)married women (with living parents) who have tristes with (un)married men of a lower class than themselves. That leaves out: two unmarried adults (including, if the woman is a spinster or a widow), and married men with unmarried women who have no family, or who have no designs on marriage (i.e. she is a "lady of pleasure" or a spinster).

Quote: Originally posted by Anonymous101
I think a game mod is causing the neighbourhood corruption. Perhaps, it's best to contact the developer of the mod at this point.

I don't think so. In this particular case, I think the problem is traceable to a single instance where the boy left the house via the teleporter. The teleporter is a well-established tool, used by many of us in the community--and I would heartily recommend it to anyone.

Teens can't really move out of their household in a completely unmodified game.

A completely unmodified game? We shall not speak of such horrors.

But, of course, I know that. The teleporter is a very useful tool, and I move all ages of sims around with it, never having any issues before. The teen in question did not actually move out of his house. From the destination point, he was teleported to the new location and moved in. He never lived on his own.

As for changing relationships, that is easily done in SimPE or with the Simblender--no issues with either method. I guess I know what I'm doing.

Quote: Originally posted by Anonymous 101
Anyway, in my game, I have added the possibility of a lawyer to the Trial ...

Yes. I like the idea of having lawyers in the game--the list of royal appointments is not meant in any way to be exhaustive, as it states in the challenge. Players are welcomed and encouraged to add new positions as they so need to round out the world. For example, Louhema added Orphanage Manager, one which I have been using too. If you draw up the exact requirements for the position (skill points, personality, etc), I will consider adding it to the next revision of Warwickshire.
Instructor
#313 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 5:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous101
Teens can't really move out of their household in a completely unmodified game.

A completely unmodified game? We shall not speak of such horrors.

vllygrl shudders and makes the sign against the evil eye

M3g7e, you crack me up! Anyway, just hoping you have successfully resolved your weird teenager (aren't teenagers that troublesome, my dear?) and that your game is running smoothly with no further signs of borkedness.
Wow! This thread has been busy and active lately, and along with louhema's Orphanage Manager, I love Anonymous's (sp!?!) idea of lawyers, and Ileeen, your spreadsheet is great! You all make me itch to complete my MCC and get on to my second go at the Warwickshire!
I wonder if DH would be understanding if I quit my job to Sim full time?

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Banned
#314 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 12:46 AM
I have to make a note that I am currently revising my planning. For example, I want to add some family bios and sim bios. That way, all of my simmies have a sense of story and purpose.

By the way, the expression that I used in the original planning is just the points earned divided by points possible, which equals the percentage. I am going to make a second expression for the trial, and it goes by the exact same concept: points earned / points possible = p % = p/100
Test Subject
#315 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 5:40 AM
The only reason you'd need to age up teens is if you wanted them to marry. Otherwise, you shouldn't ever need to age a teen for Warwickshire ...

How about moving them out? Have you had success with teleporting since your borked memories incident?

Also, I know I have another question, but of course I can't remember! Maybe tomorrow.
Banned
#316 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ileeeen
How about moving them out? Have you had success with teleporting since your borked memories incident?

Also, I know I have another question, but of course I can't remember! Maybe tomorrow.

I have an idea! Maybe you may have a young teen male invite over his girlfriend, a young teen female, to a community lot. At the community lot, which is supposed to have a church altar table and whatnot, you may have your teen sims do a romantic kiss with each other, so it appears that they are "marrying", when they are not. Afterwards, you make your sim return home and boolprop the girl over and "marry" into the guy's household. The girl and guy are "married" now, but they can't produce any kids until the girl reaches 27 years of age, which is legal adulthood. You may pretend that the law of the land dictates that a person may marry only at the legal age of consent: 18 for girls and 21 for boys. Age 27 is the minimal age of bearing and rearing children. Between 18 and 27, the girls are trained to be a "proper" lady in her husband's house.

As for teen-adult or teen-elder marriages, you may have the teen, typically a girl, to marry the adult or elder gentleman. The game will probably not allow this to happen, but you can pretend that your simmies are doing the "friendly hug" ritual instead of a lukewarm kiss for the wedding ceremonies. When the girl reaches 27 years or becomes an adult woman, she may starting rearing children, one day at a time. Just turn off the aging on the particular lot to prohibit the aging to move on forwards.
Test Subject
#317 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 2:24 AM
I was actually planning on just boolpropping the age up, as inTeen just makes the "teens" have adult coding. I'm more concerned about moving teens into other houses, as it's not something that the unmodded game allows, and M3g7e has issues with it. Does it normally work fine, teleporting teens around and adding them to other households?
Banned
#318 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 3:21 AM Last edited by Anonymous101 : 30th Mar 2012 at 3:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ileeeen
I was actually planning on just boolpropping the age up, as inTeen just makes the "teens" have adult coding. I'm more concerned about moving teens into other houses, as it's not something that the unmodded game allows, and M3g7e has issues with it. Does it normally work fine, teleporting teens around and adding them to other households?

How about this idea? Maybe instead of allowing teen marriages to occur in the game, you may pretend that "adults" are teens, or they are "married young".

Anyway, I can't wait to showcase my new planning of my neigbourhood!

Click Here for a glimpse at how I plan it out! I have made some additions! (You may have noticed that the trial procedure includes the lawyer and requires a bit of algebra. What can I say? I am a mathoholic! )

Still, I think I need to add some information about families and sims. Having a plan of what their stories are about would be helpful and how I would tell the stories about the simmies.
Test Subject
#319 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 7:59 AM
How about this idea? Maybe instead of allowing teen marriages to occur in the game, you may pretend that "adults" are teens, or they are "married young".

That was the plan, but I was thinking more about other teens, like those that roll to join a convent. Either I can age them up and move them out; have them spend their ridiculously long teenhood studying skills, or teleport them. Right now I'm leaning toward aging up.

And, your plan looks great! Mine definitely isn't themed, I'm not going to download all the CC required for a strict theme. I'm thinking space western-ish, like some weird planet one would see on Firefly. So there are modern technologies available, for a price.
Instructor
Original Poster
#320 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 6:28 PM Last edited by M3g7e : 30th Mar 2012 at 7:05 PM.
Ileeen, I've actually **never** had any issues with the teleporter except for this one random instance, which apparently happened over 10 months ago and caused no other visible issues in the neighborhood. I regularly move sims of all ages around with the teleporter--infants through elders--and have had no issues with it. As I said, this was apparently a random occurrence. Further, it is only a guess on my part that it was a teleporter accident that caused the corrupt memories in that family--I really don't know that it was. In my opinion, the teleporter is as safe to use as anything else--and certainly much safer than most boolprop cheats that require you to work in testing mode. Of course, you could also use the "add neighbor to family" cheat--I think it came with AL (if memory serves ...). You can age sims up with the simblender--I would recommend that instead of boolproping--just my two cents worth.

Anonymous, I look forward to reading your revised plan It looks very detailed in the true Warwickshire spirit. Wow! I'm also very glad you're a mathoholic lol--just what Warwickshire needs: more maths!
Banned
#321 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 3:01 AM Last edited by Anonymous101 : 1st Apr 2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: correct typos in document
This is the most up-to-date revision: Click Here
Test Subject
#322 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 6:43 AM Last edited by ileeeen : 1st Apr 2012 at 12:02 AM.
Ileeen, I've actually **never** had any issues with the teleporter except for this one random instance, which apparently happened over 10 months ago and caused no other visible issues in the neighborhood. I regularly move sims of all ages around with the teleporter--infants through elders--and have had no issues with it. As I said, this was apparently a random occurrence. Further, it is only a guess on my part that it was a teleporter accident that caused the corrupt memories in that family--I really don't know that it was. In my opinion, the teleporter is as safe to use as anything else--and certainly much safer than most boolprop cheats that require you to work in testing mode. Of course, you could also use the "add neighbor to family" cheat--I think it came with AL (if memory serves ...). You can age sims up with the simblender--I would recommend that instead of boolproping--just my two cents worth.

Anonymous, I look forward to reading your revised plan It looks very detailed in the true Warwickshire spirit. Wow! I'm also very glad you're a mathoholic lol--just what Warwickshire needs: more maths!

Thank you for your information! I haven't used Simblender yet, since it didn't work with my earlier install which was only up to OFB, so now that I have AL I will check out what it can do. And it's good to know that teleporting has no problems - I've only ever teleported once, to create custom townies.

ETA: I found a mod from Cyjon that changes the teen lifespan to 8 days. That makes me very happy, not just for Warwickshire :D
Lab Assistant
#323 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 11:36 PM
I have a question! How does one go about setting up the subhoods? Does that mean I create a family in Twikii island (or whatever), while having the king and things in the main hood?
Banned
#324 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meginmd
I have a question! How does one go about setting up the subhoods? Does that mean I create a family in Twikii island (or whatever), while having the king and things in the main hood?

Hi meginmd,

In my game I just create a subhood, roll for the kinds of fiefs that the subhood is going to have (according to the challenge) and create the lords and ladies to be in charge of those fiefs. I have one royal family, 3 noble families, 3 merchant families, 6 peasant families and 8 serf 'families'. The 8 serfs all live on the same lot and work together under their lord, the Duke of Hamilton. The Duke of Hamilton is currently the prince regent AND lord chancellor, after the old king's decease. I doubt he wants to lose his family power and status to the princess when she grows up and takes the throne, as the throne rightfully belongs to her (the old king has no sons). So according to the story, I have set up the story so that the Duke of Hamilton's toddler son is going to marry the princess, currently a toddler girl. Plz check out my planning in one of my former posts when you have time!
Instructor
Original Poster
#325 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 1:56 AM
Meginmind, subnh's are just nh's created as business districts, downtowns, etc--the special nh's that come with the ep's.
Page 13 of 44