Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Live Mode and Tab Mode Camera Mods - No Drift & Lower Level!

by Buckley Posted 30th Sep 2014 at 4:08 PM - Updated 1st Jan 2016 at 2:59 AM by maybesomethingdunno

119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 84 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:56 PM
Hey thanks for this.

Any one have an idea how to make the camera as it was in the sims 3 that stops more smoothly when going from a saved position to another in tab mode using ctrl 5 6 7 8 9 ?
Is Claeric
THANKS POST
#27 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 6:32 PM
Can we get a version that doesn't get rid of the bounce/slow stop? Without it the game feels unfinished, somehow. Like playing a beta or something. Hard to explain.
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:21 PM
Any possibility of enabling the camera to go below the horizontal to the 45 degree upward angle that TS2 had in Build/Buy after ceilings became paintable, only in live mode as well (or even vertically up - the opposite of top-down)? I look at camera.ini in TS3 & TS4 but am not familiar enough with camera control terminology to figure out which lines need to be changed. The horizontal POV of this mod is too low for my taste for normal use without an upward angle, but could sometimes have its uses. The possibility to turn the mod on or off during play once installed, or to move the camera in the vertical plane without affecting the viewing angle or rotation would be good. A mod that would stop an expanded Build/Buy catalogue blocking rearward edge-scrolling would also be helpful.
All the same, well done.
Inconceivable!
Original Poster
#29 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 10:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments! I'm glad you like it.

Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
I'm loving the lower level viewing angles but for some reason the no-drift annoys me. Probably just because it makes more work for my finger. . Thank you!
Another cool idea would be to make a camera that has a wider field of view. I remember there was a camera mod like that for Sims 2.

Yes, I didn't slow down the movement speed at all, but the no drift does make it feel a lot slower. I'm working on creating a faster version as I type this, so if any of y'all want to try that out for me when I post it later and give me some suggestions/input, I'd really appreciate it!

Quote: Originally posted by mahamudo
YEAH!!!!Thanks a lot!!!!!
However, is there any way to make angle-up available in live mode?

You're very welcome! I just tried a few different things to get an angle-up working in live mode, but I haven't figured it out yet. Still playing around with the various settings though, so it might just be something I haven't tried yet. I'll let you know if I do get it working.

Quote: Originally posted by Wallin
Just got done testing this - it works amazingly well! I was taking some screenshots of a lot recently and the normal camera was terrible, but this is so nice.

It felt a little slower moving around (I might be mistaken about this, I may have been zoomed in too much), but as a reminder to others, don't forget that holding down the shift-key while moving the camera will speed it up significantly, so it's not a problem.

Thank you for that reminder! I'm going to edit my post to mention that to folks. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment! <3

Quote: Originally posted by Marjia
Thank you. I had to uninstall it in the live mode, it made the mouse too slow. but works in tab mode perfectly.

Yes, I'm going to see about speeding up the live mode version, because I agree. It definitely does feel a bit sluggish right now. Thank you for the feedback!

Quote: Originally posted by crawsulu
Hey thanks for this.

Any one have an idea how to make the camera as it was in the sims 3 that stops more smoothly when going from a saved position to another in tab mode using ctrl 5 6 7 8 9 ?

You're welcome! As for your question, I'm not entirely certain I understand what you mean. I just tried saving a couple of different positions with tab mode and it transitioned smoothly for me. If there's anyway you can be a bit more descriptive about what the issue is, or perhaps take a video or something? Otherwise I'm not sure how to help.

Quote: Originally posted by Simify
Can we get a version that doesn't get rid of the bounce/slow stop? Without it the game feels unfinished, somehow. Like playing a beta or something. Hard to explain.

Absolutely! I can upload this later today. I can also make one with less drift/bounce, if you would find that useful at all. Well, just let me know!

Quote: Originally posted by afgw
Any possibility of enabling the camera to go below the horizontal to the 45 degree upward angle that TS2 had in Build/Buy after ceilings became paintable, only in live mode as well (or even vertically up - the opposite of top-down)? I look at camera.ini in TS3 & TS4 but am not familiar enough with camera control terminology to figure out which lines need to be changed. The horizontal POV of this mod is too low for my taste for normal use without an upward angle, but could sometimes have its uses. The possibility to turn the mod on or off during play once installed, or to move the camera in the vertical plane without affecting the viewing angle or rotation would be good. A mod that would stop an expanded Build/Buy catalogue blocking rearward edge-scrolling would also be helpful.
All the same, well done.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. When you say the horizontal POV is too low, can you be more specific? Are you referring to live/build mode or tab mode, and which style camera are you using, TS3 or TS4? As for the upward angle in live mode, I am working on trying to enable that, but I'm afraid I haven't found a setting for it yet, which means it may require a script mod or something equally challenging to add it to the game. I'm still messing with it though, so keep your fingers crossed! But anyway, I really appreciate your feedback, and I will see what I can do about making some changes to my mod for you.
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 5:46 AM Last edited by crawsulu : 3rd Oct 2014 at 6:05 AM.
You're welcome! As for your question, I'm not entirely certain I understand what you mean. I just tried saving a couple of different positions with tab mode and it transitioned smoothly for me. If there's anyway you can be a bit more descriptive about what the issue is, or perhaps take a video or something? Otherwise I'm not sure how to help.

Sorry my language is not english.

It's not when the camera is moving it's when it stops the problem .It stops like instantly.In the sims 3 it stopped more smoother .Hope you understand what i mean .BTW the problem is not related to your mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:39 PM
so many thanks! this was something i desperately needed for my game.
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 10:39 PM
I'm using live mode TS3 camera, unlikely to use tab mode. In B/B I normally use top-down for accurate placement. In live mode I prefer to use maximum zoom with camera at horizontal (lowest) level with follow enabled on the active Sim, which gives me a head-to-ankle view of her. Doing this with your mod installed drops the camera to waist-to-feet instead. I'm not complaining about this, it could be useful for looking under things, but one of the following would be helpful to save me having to pause, save and exit the game, and install the mod whenever I wish to do that: a console cheat to turn the mod off, a button in the camera controls drop-down to do it, or a vertical slider in the drop-down to set camera height.
Since EA put the 45-up angle for Build/Buy in one of the later TS2 EPs and TS4 has some similarities with TS2, maybe a later TS2 camera.ini might show the setting they used.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 1:05 AM
I've been waiting breathlessly for this. Bless you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 6:58 PM
Thank you. I haven't made a movie since TS2, but I've really been wanting to make on again. This will be a life saver.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 12:20 PM
Hi can you help me ? I use your work but the TAB camera is always too fast :S
Test Subject
#36 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 6:46 PM
Great mod! Installing it now
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 1:08 AM
Great work! Thank you!
Test Subject
#38 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 1:24 AM
this mod was featured on my sims 4 mods weekly show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcZpAoxjRCY
Instructor
THANKS POST
#39 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 5:09 AM
I've been looking for this. Thanks.
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 2:35 PM
merci :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:47 AM
Does this work with Shimrod's "No Fade Sims and Objects" mod?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#42 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 5:46 PM
Thank you!! Just a quick question. Does this mod need to be updated for the 10/21/14 patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 1:56 PM
Thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 12:04 AM
Is this mod okay with the 11/04/14 patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 3:09 PM
love you
Test Subject
#46 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 11:45 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else plays this way, but I prefer my camera to not be completely horizontal when I play, I prefer it to be kind of a 45 degree angle from the top down. Every time I change lots my camera resets and it's a pain in the butt to fix it each time...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 3:00 PM
I reallly needed it! Ty so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 6:55 PM
Thank you!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 9:20 AM
Thank you so much for this awesome mod!

Also I was wondering if there was any way to prevent the camera from falling off the edge of the first floors of buildings? Nothing to do with your mod, this is an original glitch I just can't get used to. It happened in Sims 2 and 3 but only on the third or fourth floors which became pretty hard to play. In the Sims 4 however, the camera only seems bearable to me on the ground floor. As soon as I take it upstairs, I noticed it needs a prop (a balcony or the upstairs floor itself), or else it just tumbles off the edge and back down to the ground. I don't know why this is, but as a result I'm building nothing but bungalows. When I visit other lots and have to go upstairs I feel I need to zoom out like a freaking hawk to see my sim's face if he happens to be facing an exterior wall (defeating the purpose entirely) or else stare at his back so my camera can sit in the middle of the upstairs floor.
Sorry if this wasn't very clear or helpful, I'm not even sure anyone else is experiencing this, but I'd love to know what you think as you seem very competent, and I am obviously not!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 7:08 AM
Brilliant! Thnx 4 sharing!
Page 2 of 5