Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#12776 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I wish Sacrificial sims 4 made mods for sims 2. The NPCs he made for that game were a serious threat not just for the sims, but for the whole neighborhood. As they would kill anyone they came across. His NPCs were quite scary like the possessed child, the cursed bride, and a few others. It would be terrifying and awesome to see those NPCs go after the townies. But the game would generate more so there will always be townies to kill. Maybe someone can convince him to do a mod or two like that for the sims 2.

I would love that too. Those Sacrificial sims 4 NPCs would be great for Ghostbusters and Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc sims. So far we have Pescado's zombie apocalypse mod for Sims 2. I think Meduza's Place made some updates to it a few months ago.

I hear there is a bug in Sims 2 where the grand vampire goes on a biting spree, infecting people across the neighborhood. If that's true, that would be great for anyone role-playing as Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Advertisement
Theorist
#12777 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 6:26 PM
Having NPCs in Sims 2 that go around murdering townies sounds like a bad idea, because that sounds like it could lead to corruption easily (let alone that Custom Content involving NPCs can't be removed once installed)

But the name "Sacrificial Sims 4" made me realize I wouldn't mind a human sacrifice mod in Sims 2 haha. Could be useful for some types of neighbourhoods. Right now I always had to use the cowplant (and thanks to that nonsense they added in Seasons I always had to add the would-be victim to the household)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#12778 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 10:01 PM
Well,if you're into eliminating the pixels (without murder) but also without corruption, there is a modded knife that eliminates them by suicide.
That is, if you're into real self-deletion.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#12779 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
That is, if you're into real self-deletion.

What do you mean by that?

Mad Poster
#12780 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
What do you mean by that?

The suicide knife is a killing knife.
Sim deletion being a bad thing, killing them by other means is the only way to get rid of them.
Poorly worded, that's all.

I meant sim deletion. Not people deletion.
Big difference.
Man, is it hot in this country!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#12781 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
The suicide knife is a killing knife.
Sim deletion being a bad thing, killing them by other means is the only way to get rid of them.
Poorly worded, that's all.

I meant sim deletion. Not people deletion.
Big difference.
Man, is it hot in this country!

No worries. English is not my native tongue.

It's all good!

Forum Resident
#12782 Old 21st Jul 2022 at 7:29 AM
A no autonomous inside joke mod. Modders have managed to stop socials that I find annoying. So why not no inside jokes. If it was that easy to erase a social, I'd do it myself.
Test Subject
#12783 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 5:57 AM
If it's possible. I know this has been asked before to modders, but it would be helpful if the sim limit on the "groups" feature from Nightlife could be modded to allow more than just 8 sims. If this is even possible.
Mad Poster
#12784 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 7:13 AM
A no autonomous inside joke mod. Modders have managed to stop socials that I find annoying. So why not no inside jokes. If it was that easy to erase a social, I'd do it myself.

It's easy to erase any social. Just mod the guardian to always return false.
Mad Poster
#12785 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 7:58 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by an "inside joke".

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12786 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 9:40 AM
It's a social option that's only available if you're BFFs with another sim (and if you have Freetime). An inside joke is usually something that's only funny to you and the other person, because others don't have the history together that makes it funny.
Forum Resident
#12787 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 3:43 PM
"Remember that night over at Johnny's place?
Well, this chick got up and she slapped Johnny's face!
Man, we all just fell about the place!
If that chick don't wanna know, forget her!"

AAAAAAAAAAAnyway... after seeing BartekStu's new mod for the more realistic rain found here, I was thinking... Wouldn't it be great if we could pull the umbrella anims out of the Sims 3 game to create such an option for TS2? The way i picture it working would be that when the weather occurs -- ie it starts raining -- the sim would do a weather check, followed by an inventory check. IF there was no umbrella in the inventory, then the reactions he used would kick in. If there WAS an umbrella in the inventory, it would kick in the umbrella retrieval animations and a prop umbrella that would protect the sim from the rain. Maybe big enough that 2 could fit under, and they could "invite to join" another sim who was maybe stuck out in the rain. Swiping the anims from another game would make them less jerky. I don't know if TSM has umbrellas, or if those anims would be easier to convert.

Another option would be to use the FreeTime animation for Romance sims' "Smooth Talk". The sim reaches behind his back and produces a rose, that he whips around to the front and offers to the target sim. This would obviously not have a flower, nor a target. The sim would just reach behind his back, pull out a closed umbrella and when he "presents" it, it would pop open. Tada!! Umbrellas to protect you in the rain!! All the stuff BartekStu made should have already been in Seasons, along with the umbrella thing (and rain gear should've been a separate category from winterwear! Who puts on a sweater and a scarf when it rains!?)... He corrected one long-standing issue for our games. It'd be nice to have the umbrella as well!

On an aside, it'd be kinda funny if an umbrella helped slow the rate of vampire burn in daylight! hahaha
On the other side note, i always thought it'd be amusing if the rain prompted an inventory check for a newspaper, should the umbrella check fail... If found, the sim could hold the paper over his head as he ran for the indoors! haha...

-gE
>=)
Lab Assistant
#12788 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 2:51 AM
This isn't a new idea, but after playing a few elder only grandparent households, I can see why there were things like the "Get a Grandchild" scenario originally in the game. Grandparents, often family sims, will roll these power wants (Family Member Gets Engaged, Family Member Gets Married, New Grandchild) while their family lives in different households, and there's no way to fulfill them while playing them. I wish there was a mod to include abilities to fulfill these wants, like a grandparent throwing a family wedding at their house where the bride and groom are either successfully or unsuccessfully married, maybe more on the whim of the elder throwing the party rather than the couple themselves. Maybe there could be a scenario/party where if the grandparent has enough positive interactions with their child, or gives gifts, they'll get a message at the end that says something like "I think you're right Mom/Dad, maybe we should have another child!"

I just want something that could actually make fulfilling those wants possible...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12789 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
"Remember that night over at Johnny's place?
Well, this chick got up and she slapped Johnny's face!
Man, we all just fell about the place!
If that chick don't wanna know, forget her!"

I have a Dino's Bar & Grill in my Sims 2 neighbourhood!
Forum Resident
#12790 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I have a Dino's Bar & Grill in my Sims 2 neighbourhood!

That is, Indeed awesome!! haha!
But do you have a Bluewater Village Oyster Cult band to sing "Don't WooHoo the Reaper"?? hahaha!!

Quote: Originally posted by MHS0501
This isn't a new idea, but after playing a few elder only grandparent households, I can see why there were things like the "Get a Grandchild" scenario originally in the game. Grandparents, often family sims, will roll these power wants (Family Member Gets Engaged, Family Member Gets Married, New Grandchild) while their family lives in different households, and there's no way to fulfill them while playing them. I wish there was a mod to include abilities to fulfill these wants, like a grandparent throwing a family wedding at their house where the bride and groom are either successfully or unsuccessfully married, maybe more on the whim of the elder throwing the party rather than the couple themselves. Maybe there could be a scenario/party where if the grandparent has enough positive interactions with their child, or gives gifts, they'll get a message at the end that says something like "I think you're right Mom/Dad, maybe we should have another child!"

I just want something that could actually make fulfilling those wants possible...

I agree, it's difficult playing elder HHs, especially when they're family sims. Their wants are for everybody else, and i don't like to think of them being miserable all the time because they aren't in control of fulfilling their own (Wants) destiny. I had kind of hoped that the lifetime aspiration meter would help them... like, each grandchild being born, contributing to that meter. But it doesn't exactly work that way, because if you play one of their children's households and they have a baby, it fulfills the parents' "grandchild" want when you play that lot again, and they don't roll a new want until you've played that household. So if you play another of their children's households and they have a baby too, the grandparents don't get the benefit of both... the new want to replace the original grandchild want hasn't been re-rolled. So even then, they get a bit gypped. If each birth contributed, it would build up their lifetime aspiration meter and they could gain perma-plat from having lots of grandchildren. That would seem logical for a family sim.

But all that being said... the thought of playing out a scenario where they impregnate their children and/or spouses... i'm not even sure how that would work, short of buying themselves a UFO and a portable chemistry lab! hahha! Do they invite their children over for dinner, dim the lights, put on a Perry Cuomo record and head to bed early, or something? Maybe Perry Cuomo is too old... maybe they dust off an old BoysIIMen CD instead? Replace the pill with tic-tacs and poke holes in all the prophylactics without getting caught?

I agree with the desire to fulfill their wants so they're not always miserable all the time... i'm just not sure on the how aspect. hahaha

-gE
>=)
Test Subject
#12791 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 6:15 PM
Is anyone a fan of 90s alien sci-fi movies? It would be cool if someone creates an alien virus similar to a deadly disease mod. Instead of dying of sickness, the sims become ill and eventually mutate into mindless alien monsters (zombies with creepy alien skin tones). Just place a meteorite object on a lot, activate the virus, and watch the neighborhood get sick and turn into literal monsters.

If you want, you could make this a race-against-the clock situation where you have to create a cure to save everyone, including yourself.

Another idea: Once you become a monster, you will keep your intelligence ...for a while. Slowly you will become mindless and behave more beast-like. They will be too far gone, you will no longer be able to give them commands.
Theorist
#12792 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsfan2021
Once you become a monster, you will keep your intelligence ...for a while. Slowly you will become mindless
Jokes on you, my Sims have no intelligence to lose anyway.
Forum Resident
#12793 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsfan2021
Once you become a monster, you will keep your intelligence ...for a while. Slowly you will become mindless and behave more beast-like. They will be too far gone, you will no longer be able to give them commands.

You mean... when they get infected... they eventually become Townies??
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! =)

I was thinking back to TS1 and one of the great objects that were left out of TS2... the Rental Shack! Both Gimble’s Gamble Rental Booth and the Rental Shed 'Au Naturale'. Surprisingly little information is available on either of them, but they allowed your sims to rent fun items both Downtown (and Old Town?) and on Vacation Island, from Rental Shack Jack or Zach, respectively. There was a bunch of stuff they could rent. Fishing poles (unnecessary for TS2), fish food, an RC sailboat, and most of all, the picnic basket!

The picnic basket, if memory serves me, came in 2 flavors: regular and beach versions. The regular provided a picnic basket and a blanket for your sims to lounge on, while the beach version provided a beach blanket (with the Vacation Island logo) and an umbrella, as well as the picnic basket. I'm going off memory, so this stuff may not be 100% exact, but your sims could sit and talk, or they could lounge and relax. They would also be able to eat (i think) 3 times each out of the picnic basket. They could also kiss, a little peck; or make out, a more intense session. And i believe, on the beach blanket, they could also apply suntan lotion to each other and tan in the sun -- though unlike TS2, there was no tanned state that I can recall.

I thought about this for TS2. Possibly enabling a picnic basket (or maybe a cooler?) to receive leftovers that sims could take, via their inventories, to community lots. Not much different than putting a refrigerator into their pocket when they head out, except that I don't think you can take a fridge out of your inventory on community lots. haha... Obviously, that would have to be enabled for said picnic basket. That would solve the eating portion of the picnic. The suntan module could probably be added easy enough. Not so sure how the kissing and/or making out would be added, and the applying suntan lotion thing would probably present quite the challenge...

I'd love to see all the things from the Rental Shacks available in TS2 (and the bearskin rugs, for that matter!), even if I can't remember (or research!) all the things they did! SO there's my "CC i'd like to see!" for August 2, 2022. a Two's Day.

-gE
>=)
Top Secret Researcher
#12794 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 2:30 PM
I would love to have kitchen counters to have the function to work as an inventory. Then you can store stuff like coffeepot, blender...
Who keeps all those appliances on the counter anyway?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
#12795 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I thought about this for TS2. Possibly enabling a picnic basket (or maybe a cooler?) to receive leftovers that sims could take, via their inventories, to community lots. Not much different than putting a refrigerator into their pocket when they head out, except that I don't think you can take a fridge out of your inventory on community lots.

I miss the whole rental thing too! It gave my sims a chance to spend money more than once on the same thing. But the picnic baskets are actually a thing now! Not exactly the same, but made functional on community lots if a sim has them in their inventory. The original was here, then PenelopeT shared mesh and texture edits here (GoS Spooky Dip 2018) and here (GoS monthly theme, January of this year). Possibly other creators have done their own tweaks, but these are the ones I know of
Lab Assistant
#12796 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 7:07 PM
Something that let's you have multiple outfits that your Sim can randomly cycle through, similar (though not the same) to TS3.
Mad Poster
#12797 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 12:56 PM
A cigen editor. Right now, the only real way to refresh those Bodyshop thumbnails is to delete the entire cigen file and regenerate them all. You can, in theory, open it in SimPE and delete/swap individual thumbnails, but there's no way to sort them, every single age, gender, clothing, hair and makeup is jumbled up in there. I'd love a program that let me sort the damn things out so I could delete glitchy ones, or replace the default face closeup for custom accessory icons for things like CC fingernails and legwarmers, because refreshing the files isn't going to help me there.
Field Researcher
#12798 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
I miss the whole rental thing too! It gave my sims a chance to spend money more than once on the same thing. But the picnic baskets are actually a thing now! Not exactly the same, but made functional on community lots if a sim has them in their inventory. The original was here, then PenelopeT shared mesh and texture edits here (GoS Spooky Dip 2018) and here (GoS monthly theme, January of this year). Possibly other creators have done their own tweaks, but these are the ones I know of

RENTING mod would be cool, sims customers could use items/objects (without stealing them). Though...I dont know how it can be done...maybe CLONED function/animation from TICKET MACHINE.
Mad Poster
#12799 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 12:39 AM
I've got buy mode enabled when my sims visit a community lot which means they can place objects from that lot in an inventiry though I've got some restrictions on what can be placed like food served in a group meal is allowed since it would just get wasted and hings placed in a donations area when I visit without sims are also allowed since they would be charity rescue mission donations anyways like power fidges after I edited them to show up in community lot buy mode as well as residential.That was one item I've alway wished was avialable in community and residential buy modes and that it was less expensive.I got thise issues fixed in an object editor program unility and still need to test further to make sure they work on community lots like in homes.
Lab Assistant
#12800 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 7:08 PM
Something I check online for every so often, I want a workable baby wearing item. Let me plop the infant that can't ever get enough socialization in a carrier and have their parent be able to go do everything they need to. I know it would be a hassle for many interactions and will probably never actually be in existence. But i'll continue hoping for it lmao.
Page 512 of 576