Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Carpool & school bus flexibility

by gummilutt Posted 28th Apr 2017 at 10:55 PM - Updated 15th Nov 2017 at 6:53 AM by gummilutt

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 11:02 PM
Gummi, I commend you for doing the 1 thing that I've been waiting for years: carpool sharing!!!

Thanks so much for your hard work at this! My pixels in Mosquito Creek will love you for it!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 11:16 PM
Thank you :)
Needs Coffee
#4 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 11:34 PM
Very cool Gummi! I'd love to use this but I fear with all my mods more than one would clash. Nice job though, you are becoming a very efficient modder.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 11:40 PM
@joandsarah77 I have over 1000 mods myself, and I've had it in my game for months. If it can play nice in my game, there's no reason it can't do so in yours, if you really want it. Don't be scared off by the text lists not being found by HCDU, there's a very low chance that you'll have other mods that modify them, and it's not a dangerous type of conflict. The worst that can happen is you get the wrong pop-up text dialog, and that should be easy to notice.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 11:41 PM
I wanted something like that too! Maybe it’s time to get rid of alfixes...

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
#7 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 11:47 PM
Calling them 'passes' is a little backwards I think. While yes, to take a pass on something means to bypass or avoid it, the noun 'pass' means the exact opposite. For instance, when I purchase a bus pass, it grants me the ability to ride the bus. I think you mean 'waiver', which allows someone to opt out.

Word choice aside, this looks like a really useful mod, and congrats on your Creator Anniversary! :: throws confetti ::
Needs Coffee
#8 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 12:03 AM
Pretty sure I have bring friend dialog; if that's the mod that asks if so and so can come home from school. That mod also clashes somewhat with the Simlogical school system but I just manage by changing the load order. I'm sure my game would have a fit if I added yours into the mix. I'll have to think if I should get rid of it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 12:03 AM
It's a pun Phaenoh, it's quite intentional Got to keep up with the EA tradition!

@ Jo, yes that is the mod in question. Though friend dialog has more parts than just the parts that conflict with my mod, so it may be conflict with simlogicals school in other ways. I use simlogicals, and no conflicts come up, but I will look in to it. But if you feel your game may explode then yes, probably best to not use it

Needs Coffee
#10 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 2:19 AM
I think I kept Bring a friend more for the move away from the bus door feature, so if you know of another mod that does that I could swap it out.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 4:34 AM
Awesome!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 5:06 AM
So wait, do Sims who walked to work still get carpooled home? It can be slightly annoying when supposedly walkable transit filled city has everyone taking cars everywhere. Even if it doesn't, halfing the amount of cars is still a great start, and suburban sims get a use. :D
Constant Contestant
#13 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 7:58 AM
This sounds amazing - thank you
Theorist
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 12:19 PM
This is pretty freaking cool! I can tell that you really put some time and thought into creating this. Thank you!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 12:20 PM
The issue I have with car owners autonomously driving to work is that, if you want one to stay home without having the go-to-work action constantly pushed on them, you have to be able to cancel the action before it reaches the front of the queue. I'd use the carpool mod for this, but my latest EP is FreeTime.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 1:26 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 29th Apr 2017 at 2:55 PM.
Thank you very much to whichever moderator decided this deserved a pick. I am very surprised and grateful :lovestruc

@joandsarah77 According to read me it does direct Sims to the mailbox before they pull out homework or check report card. I will look in to making a compatible version for you and anyone else that really wants it.

@dharden No problem! I'll make a FT-compatible version later today, I'll tag you again when it's finished.
EDIT: Quick update on this. Will be adding carpool version for OFB through FT later today, so not just FT. If anyone wants the school version please let me know.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 2:34 PM
Thank you for doing this and your other contributions. Happy
anniversary.
Scholar
#18 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 5:01 PM
I'm afraid the bus won't work for me since I am unsure what mods I do and don't have...

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#19 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I will look in to making a compatible version for you and anyone else that really wants it.

If you are able to make a compatible version I would be delighted! :-) And I intend to use the Carpool one, it's a great idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 9:36 PM
You have no idea how long I have waited for this!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 10:01 PM
@Voeille I looked in to alfixes a bit more, and from Charity's test results I believe the parts of alfixes my mod could conflict with were fixed by patches, so if you make my mod load after alfixes you should be able to have both and have both function as they should.

@cord11 I'm afraid so! Thank you for reminding me of that, I've added it to the known issues-section. I might continue working on this and try to make sure they return walking if they walked to work/school, but for now at least we get the method we want on the way there.

@DezzyBoo I'm not sure what to respond to that. If you don't know what you have I'm not sure how much help I can be. If you want to use this, I'd suggest you add it to your folder and run HCDU and see if any conflicts come up. It should detect relevant ones, and then the information I listed under conflict should help you figure out how to solve them. If it finds any not listed I would be grateful if you'd let me know so I can look in to it.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's a great feeling working on something for a long time and then you find out lots of people had been waiting for it and wished for it to exist, so thank you for commenting and telling me about it

Mad Poster
#22 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 12:09 AM
I SO love this! It is perfect. I have yet to try it in game, but I grabbed it and then used HCDU.
I do have Inteen, but lucky me..I don't have the back To School flavor pack. And, I do not have bring Friend Dialogue either.
But!!!
I have Phaenoh's Summer Vacation ..and Dress me correctly by Simsfreq. They both conflict..
CT - Is Snow day?
dress-me-correctly-Mog-20090119-nomaternity
GummilluttOptionalSchoolbus
----------------------------------------------------------------
Sub - Process
Phaenoh_SummerVacationWintersDay
GummiluttOptionalSchoolbus

While i can understand The summer vacation mod to conflict with yours, the other one..I have no clue why.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 12:55 AM
Epic! Downloading it now, can't wait to try it out. Many thanks!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 1:04 AM
Wow Rosebine, that's hysterical! Four years and I finally come across a random guess conflict! How exciting! The reason my mod is conflicting with simsfreq's mod against all reasons is because both of us are adding custom bhavs to that semi-global group, and when you do you have to pick an instance number at random and hope no one else used it in their mods. We both chose a high up one in the hopes that others would pick earlier ones, and managed to choose the exact same one Luckily it's a very easy conflict to solve, I just need to change my instance number. Thank you very much for finding it! I have replaced the optional schoolbus mod with one that won't conflict with simsfreq's mod, so if you re-download that conflict will be solved.

Phaenoh's is harder to solve. I will look at it and see if it's feasible to try and make a compatible version. I'll also have to talk to her and ask permission to make a compatible version. I'll keep you posted In the meantime, I'd suggest using institution sign to simulate school vacations. More fiddly since it requires manually turning it on, but it's an option if you'd like to use mine and still have vacation days for your little simmies
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 1:15 AM
Oh wow indeed! One of those things, you never thought you'd see! I'll redownload! I guess i can do without the summer vacation for now, as I play with Real life mod for sims & pets..and I never even see a Season change..if I don't pay attention. lol Thank YOU!

EDIT :
Are you sure you repackage with the edited one? I still see the conflict, and your new rar has a April 26 date on the school bus package, the pass has April 28 though...
Page 1 of 3