Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxed Restaurant Start at 5 Stars

by spgm69 Posted 30th Jul 2020 at 8:03 PM - Updated 6th Nov 2022 at 11:36 AM by spgm69

111 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 2:40 PM
Thanks for the 3 star version! It's a good compromise.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 5:45 PM
Now if we only had a mod that sim "Dates" will finish their food if you order them a drink. Bienchen had one but she's long since been on hiatis. Then everything would be perfect. Thanks for this, though. Appreciated.
Test Subject
#28 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 4:14 AM
Hey spgm, quick thought, maybe you should rename this mod as it essentially does more than just 5 stars, it fixes the restaurant gameplay entirely. Also if you need a tester feel free to ping me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hafprice
Hey spgm, quick thought, maybe you should rename this mod as it essentially does more than just 5 stars, it fixes the restaurant gameplay entirely. Also if you need a tester feel free to ping me.

Hey hafprice,

I was running a theme called Maxed lol. Just finished my Maxed Dual Task retail mod
Test Subject
#30 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 12:02 PM
First I'd like to thank you for this mod, I love restaurants and it's a shame EA don't maintenance them. In the past I had a mod that adds an extra host, but it was years ago and the creator didn't update it so I had to delete it. However in my saved file the extra host still exists and works.
Regarding your mod, I read a lot about extra host package, remove host script and a cheat and tbh I'm lost. Considering I like having an extra host, do I need to do something about bc I'm confused.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gagasluxury
First I'd like to thank you for this mod, I love restaurants and it's a shame EA don't maintenance them. In the past I had a mod that adds an extra host, but it was years ago and the creator didn't update it so I had to delete it. However in my saved file the extra host still exists and works.
Regarding your mod, I read a lot about extra host package, remove host script and a cheat and tbh I'm lost. Considering I like having an extra host, do I need to do something about bc I'm confused.

HI gagasluxury

If you have install the extra host package and want to remove it you type the command in the cheat window removehost
To reset the perks if you want later to add the host you type in the cheat window resethost

Just a note I personally remove all the extra host i have in all the restaurants because if you removehost on one restaurant and have another extra host in another restaurant it will cause an error so best to fire all the extra host you have before running removehost, then if you want to add it back later run restethost so the perk will be reset

What bits are you confused on?
Test Subject
#32 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spgm69
HI gagasluxury

If you have install the extra host package and want to remove it you type the command in the cheat window removehost
To reset the perks if you want later to add the host you type in the cheat window resethost

Just a note I personally remove all the extra host i have in all the restaurants because if you removehost on one restaurant and have another extra host in another restaurant it will cause an error so best to fire all the extra host you have before running removehost, then if you want to add it back later run restethost so the perk will be reset

What bits are you confused on?

Thank you for your answer, to be more specific-
Even before using your mod, my saved file game had an extra host as I mentioned but deleted the mod, yet the host is still fully working so I don't know if that's a problem (repair game didn't remove it)

Currently I installed this mod's newest version and in my folder I have the extrahost.package, host.package & removehost.script. I don't want to remove my extra host, I don't understand the logic behind it, nor I don't want to reset the restaurant perks. So in conclusion which action should I take? Do I have to remove my extra host first by cheat before making it playable (which it already is..)? Do I need to keep all these 3 files? I can't tell if I'm doing it wrong or not.

Sorry if it was all over the place..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 11:48 PM
Thank you for your answer, to be more specific-
Even before using your mod, my saved file game had an extra host as I mentioned but deleted the mod, yet the host is still fully working so I don't know if that's a problem (repair game didn't remove it)

Currently I installed this mod's newest version and in my folder I have the extrahost.package, host.package & removehost.script. I don't want to remove my extra host, I don't understand the logic behind it, nor I don't want to reset the restaurant perks. So in conclusion which action should I take? Do I have to remove my extra host first by cheat before making it playable (which it already is..)? Do I need to keep all these 3 files? I can't tell if I'm doing it wrong or not.

Sorry if it was all over the place..

Ok, so if you still have the host from before and there was no problem just leave it in there, only use the removehost script if you want to remove, also no need to reset the perks. I am suprised when you deleted the mod and click on the staff tab it should have displayed an error

The scripts are just to remove it from the game and put it back to original settings so no error will occur
Test Subject
#34 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 9:04 AM
Ok, so if you still have the host from before and there was no problem just leave it in there, only use the removehost script if you want to remove, also no need to reset the perks. I am suprised when you deleted the mod and click on the staff tab it should have displayed an error

The scripts are just to remove it from the game and put it back to original settings so no error will occur

Great thank you for the explanation. I do want to verify if perhaps one of my hosts dies, should I need to apply the cheat before hiring a new one?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 9:05 PM
Great work!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 12:43 AM
Great thank you for the explanation. I do want to verify if perhaps one of my hosts dies, should I need to apply the cheat before hiring a new one?

OK so open you saved game, click on the hire staff tab and see if it shows up an error, if it dose dont save
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 5:49 PM
Updated version 4 so now the larger groups will all get their food at the same time
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 5:37 PM
Updated for patch 1.68
Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 1:22 AM
Hi, Thanks for this amazing mod! makes the game so much better.
The extra host is not showing up. I hired 1 but he is just not showing up at all. any Idea why?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moemoe
Hi, Thanks for this amazing mod! makes the game so much better.
The extra host is not showing up. I hired 1 but he is just not showing up at all. any Idea why?

Hi, can you please give me some more details, which packaged did you use, separated package or which combined one, any other restaurant mods you have installed
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 4:53 PM
Hi, can you please give me some more details, which packaged did you use, separated package or which combined one, any other restaurant mods you have installed

Thanks for the reply.

I am Using
MaxedRestaurant5StarV4_RestaurantAndPricing
MaxedRestaurantV4_ExtraHost
MaxedRestaurantV4_ExtraStaffHours
MaxedRestaurantV4_Host
MaxedRestaurantV4_RestaurantGroup4
MaxedRestaurantV4_RestaurantZoneDirectorGroup4_5_6
MaxSkilledStaff
removehost

I also used the MCCC to make it 40 sim on lot.
The host extra showed up on my last test but one of the Waiters didnt... If there is no known fix then im just going to remove the waiter.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moemoe
Thanks for the reply.

I am Using
MaxedRestaurant5StarV4_RestaurantAndPricing
MaxedRestaurantV4_ExtraHost
MaxedRestaurantV4_ExtraStaffHours
MaxedRestaurantV4_Host
MaxedRestaurantV4_RestaurantGroup4
MaxedRestaurantV4_RestaurantZoneDirectorGroup4_5_6
MaxSkilledStaff
removehost

I also used the MCCC to make it 40 sim on lot.
The host extra showed up on my last test but one of the Waiters didnt... If there is no known fix then im just going to remove the waiter.

Oh yes I have had that happen before its common, can you try for me the following:

Open the restaurant and if the customers arrive and the extra host has not turned up, pause the game, close the restaurant and reopen, unpause
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 3:42 AM
how do you add another host
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 4:54 AM
Thank you for your amazing mod so much! Is this by any chance compatible with patch 1.69? Thanks again!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luvs2Read
Thank you for your amazing mod so much! Is this by any chance compatible with patch 1.69? Thanks again!

Yes it is
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 8:23 PM
Working v1.70
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 1:55 PM
Thank you so much.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 8:23 PM
checking patch 1.71.86.1020
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 8:46 PM
Update for patch 1.71 is on the way, I am just implementing some changes too, I will keep you posted
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 2nd May 2021 at 10:31 AM
Working1.73
Page 2 of 5