Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 3:14 AM Last edited by LyokoGirl5000 : 18th Oct 2022 at 3:42 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Cloned item hides original CC item
I tried to ask the creator for help, but I didn't get a reply. I downloaded some custom milkshakes that were cloned from a root beer float. The chocolate milkshake works great, but the strawberry milkshake hides the root beer float. Is there any way to unhide the root beer float from the menu when the strawberry milkshake is installed?

If I load the root beer float first, the strawberry milkshake gets hidden.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 4:31 AM
It's possible the milkshape shares its GUID with the root beer, or in other ways hasn't been properly separated from it. Foods can be a bit more complicated than regular buy/build items, since they have multiple parts, so could be a good idea to link to the items so someone can have a look at them (just changing the GUID might not be enough - maybe someone else can tell you more than me, as I don't usually dabble in TS2 foods).

The problem is most likely with the strawberry milkshake, so that's what will need to be fixed if you want the root beer to work, too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's possible the milkshape shares its GUID with the root beer, or in other ways hasn't been properly separated from it. Foods can be a bit more complicated than regular buy/build items, since they have multiple parts, so could be a good idea to link to the items so someone can have a look at them (just changing the GUID might not be enough - maybe someone else can tell you more than me, as I don't usually dabble in TS2 foods).

The problem is most likely with the strawberry milkshake, so that's what will need to be fixed if you want the root beer to work, too.

Here is the link for the milkshakes. https://modthesims.info/d/659510/ch...milkshakes.html

And here is the link for the root beer float. http://www.theninthwavesims.com/202...floats.html?m=0)

Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 6:38 PM
Like I thought, they share the same GUIDs, but it looks like the GUID is referenced at least twice (maybe more) in the BHAVs, too. If you want to use both items, the strawberry one needs to be fixed both in the BHAVs and OBJD/GUIDs (possibly other places - I don't know if the GUID is referenced other places too in food). Have you tried to @ jacky in the download topic?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 9:44 PM
Like I thought, they share the same GUIDs, but it looks like the GUID is referenced at least twice (maybe more) in the BHAVs, too. If you want to use both items, the strawberry one needs to be fixed both in the BHAVs and OBJD/GUIDs (possibly other places - I don't know if the GUID is referenced other places too in food). Have you tried to @ jacky in the download topic?

I'm not sure how to so that. I did leave a comment using the @ thing just now. I left a comment a while ago, but I did not use the @. I don't want to bother them.

Let me try my username real quick @LyokoGirl5000

Didn't work. Am I not doing it right?

Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 10:43 PM
Not sure if you can @ yourself (just tested, nope doesn't look like you can). It also looks like it only works if you add it to the initial posting, so it doesn't work if you add it to an edit of a post.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 11:32 PM
Not sure if you can @ yourself (just tested, nope doesn't look like you can). It also looks like it only works if you add it to the initial posting, so it doesn't work if you add it to an edit of a post.

It's okay if it doesn't work. I can just change the load order when I want a change.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Oct 2022 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The creator is active on tumblr, maybe try over there.

I asked and they updated it! Now it works great!