Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 2:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Commercial coffee machine spawns too many baristas, then kills them. Help.
I realise this is a bit niche

But I have an apartment lot which has shopping on the ground floor, using MogHughson's mod.

One of the shopping units is a cafe/coffee-shop. Everything works normally, except that the coffee shop spawns three baristas for some reason. They spend all day complaining at each other for being in the way and rotating in a triangle as one of them succeeds in getting to the right place and the other two start complaining. I thought this was a mild niggle, and then I noticed a ghost floating around and realised that the baristas must be slowly losing mood because they're not considered as "employed" by the game or something (the cashiers, on the other hand, are content to stand there 24/7 with never a break nor a sleep, kind of creepy, but they don't seem to mind. The dorm cook goes home at night time.) Behind the counter there were TWO urns and the ghost keeps going around yelling about the other barista that is still in the way and then also scaring the other baristas so they pee themselves and cry.

Sheesh. Talk about hostile working conditions.

I got a couple of pictures.

Anyway, er, any ideas??
Screenshots

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 4:32 PM
Hope you get your problem fixed.
I've got a mod that spawns only one worker for each cooker/coffee machine per game, I'll have to go and look it up.

Eta : "AntiRedundancy" ?

Not sure if that's your problem ?

I want that green wall tile and the blue wall paint !!!!!!!

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 8:59 AM
No, I already have that mod. Most of my coffee machines are just spawning one, as they should. This might be the only one on a joint apartment/community lot, but I don't think that should cause an issue, in theory. Even without the mod, the coffee machine should not be calling 3 baristas to the same machine, antiredundancy just stops the game from creating extra baristas in the background, so with antiredundancy, the barista at every coffee shop should be the same; in vanilla you'd have a chance to see different baristas per community lot, but still only one at a time.

The grungy walls are both from this collection by Pixelhate. They have a load of cool grungy/old stuff.
https://modthesims.info/d/308975/th...ctor-walls.html

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...