Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2022 at 8:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Launcher freezes when installing content
I can install two lots of 5 Sims packs...but then when I try to do another 5, I just get the black screen.
The only way I get it to work again, is to force close the launcher and reopen it.
Anyone know why this happens?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Oct 2022 at 9:39 PM
You may want to check inside your DCCache folder, see whether there's any .tmp files. If so, delete them and start your launcher again. If it still hangs, perhaps installing them one by one, or perhaps you stumble upon bad custom contents.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
You may want to check inside your DCCache folder, see whether there's any .tmp files. If so, delete them and start your launcher again. If it still hangs, perhaps installing them one by one, or perhaps you stumble upon bad custom contents.

I done that...didn't really help. I'm going to go through all my Sims3packs on custard. But it's gonna take a very long time!