Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 10:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default How do I change the marital status of sims using SimPE?
Let's say I want a male sim to divorce his wife and be married to a different female sim in the household. How can I do this using SimPE?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 11:21 AM
Make a backup first.

Using the Neighborhood Browser in SimPE, navigate to your neighborhood where the Sims live. Once it loads (and it may take a while), select in the upper left list Sim Description, and in the list right next to it, your male Sim's name. Go to the Relationships tab and find his current wife. Untick Married from both Husband→Wife and Wife→Husband (relationships in TS2 are one-sided). Then find the second person and tick Married the same way. Commit changes and then save.

Note: your Sims won't have memories of getting divorced or getting married to different Sims by simply doing this.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 2:37 PM
Some of us find it easier to use Sim Browser, which just lists the sims and can be arranged in different orders, than the Sim Description, which shows all kinds of stuff in between each sim name; but you wind up all in the same place.

If you want the divorced and married memories, that can also be done in SimPE. Go to the More tab and select Memories. The screen will be the bottom one and you'll have to Add Memories and scroll through lots of options, and select the Subject and Object of the memory, commit, and save.

Always remember to back up the neighborhood before opening SimPE! Due to the commit/save process it's not as easy to mess up a neighborhood with SimPE as people think it is; but everyone makes mistakes and commits to them once in awhile, and backing up is a good habit to get into. Sometimes you can return to where you made the mistake and fix it; sometimes you can't. With these particular changes it's hardly likely - you can just come back and change the relationships and memories again - but back up anyway.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2022 at 1:12 AM
Why do you need to do this in SimPE instead of in the game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2022 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Why do you need to do this in SimPE instead of in the game?

I'm not sure how to do it in game. Do I need mods?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 12:19 AM
You need mods if you want an amicable divorce. However, if you don't care about making the two sims angry with each other, you don't need a mod. Have the male sim flirt with the other female sim in front of his current wife and let it escalate from there. You should soon see "Break up" appear as a pie menu option, and you will notice a lot of other options have disappeared.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fourleafcloverr22
I'm not sure how to do it in game. Do I need mods?

In game is far better as it makes the story.

Do you want an amicable break up or a bad one? 'Friendly break up' lets you break up as it says in a more amicable manner. The game itself has a divorce option and its messy. Or you can make it a none event by using something like the simblender and simply removing the marriage, the crush etc.

https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...requests-i-love
or break up by phone
http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/D...kUpByPhone.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~