Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 6:54 PM Last edited by acquarius74 : 9th Nov 2022 at 10:41 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] Issue with 2 Modular Stairs
Hello... again :D

this time i have a problem with two very popular modular stairs:

1. Bubu Modular Stairs by Veranka (https://veranka-downloads.tumblr.co...-set-download): the stair works perfectly but with no cost nor description:

I tried to do what's suggested in this thread: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=591832, but it didn't work for me.

2. Maxis Wooden Stairs by Reyn are not showed in Catalog. I have got Numeror's *Recolourable* Wooden modular stairs (UPD 23feb07) as requested.
Stairs from Numeror are showed good:
I found two different packages about it, the first here: https://modthesims.info/d/221958/ma...colourable.html, and the second here: http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...p?topic=33118.0
I tried with both... nothing...

What can i do?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 7:18 PM
There is no reason to attach the files here.

The no description and price is due to the way the creator made them. There is info HERE about how to fix them.

If new modular stairs do not show in game you are missing either the script file or the package. Make sure you have installed both.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 7:32 PM
The Bubu build set stairs need the script file to be installed in programming files and Scriptorium is usually your best bet for installing script files and the package files go in the downloads folder of your Ts2 game folder in your documents which is in the EA Games folder.Mine is the UC version of the game folder.I've installed CC stairs like those that require the script to be installed as well and use Scriptorium for that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 7:58 PM Last edited by acquarius74 : 5th Nov 2022 at 10:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
There is no reason to attach the files here.

The no description and price is due to the way the creator made them. There is info HERE about how to fix them.

If new modular stairs do not show in game you are missing either the script file or the package. Make sure you have installed both.

I apologize for the uploads, i thought it could be useful.
As soon as i can i try to use again that tutorial you linked, that i have already used for other stairs (only to add Stair Info where missing) but for Bubu stairs i don't know what to do because the package has got the Stair Info inside. I'm not skilled enough to Creating recolorable stairs following your tutorial from the start
Regarding the Open Timber stairs i'm sure i have both files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
The Bubu build set stairs need the script file to be installed in programming files and Scriptorium is usually your best bet for installing script files and the package files go in the downloads folder of your Ts2 game folder in your documents which is in the EA Games folder.Mine is the UC version of the game folder.I've installed CC stairs like those that require the script to be installed as well and use Scriptorium for that.

Yes, i have 117 modular stairs used with the Scriptorium and all work great!
The Open Timber stairs are the only stairs that never appeared in the catalog, despite all the tries i have done...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 12:03 AM
Update

I don't know how, 'cause i'm very tired, but i made it. Now bubu modular stairs have its own description and cost, and reyn's open wooden stairs are showed correctly in catalog. What have i done? I have changed the namefile of bubu stairs recalled in the file txt, that it was uncorrect, and i have installed this, from the same creator: https://modthesims.info/d/224173/op...colourable.html... But now i don't see open frame wrought iron stairs!

Okay, i'm tired... need a pause!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 5:52 PM
An issue is still here...
If i cut out the Open Frame Wrought Iron Stairs, the Open Timber Stairs disappeares from Catalog, and the Open Frame Wrought Iron Stairs still not showing up. I've downloaded and installed all Numeror's packages requested by creator to make both working... what can i do?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 10:31 AM Last edited by acquarius74 : 9th Nov 2022 at 10:58 AM.
Default Solved but i don't know why... :rolleyes:
--- UPDATE ---

The stairs now are ok. What have i done? I changed only the number of catalogTextResource line in file txt (in the Scriptorium) and in the package filename.
The number of Reyn's Open Timber Stairs is1301, so the package is named 1301-RS_OpenTimberStairs_022207, and in the file txt the line says: catalogTextResource 1301-RS_OpenTimberStairs_022207 139
The number of Reyn's Open Frame Wrought Iron Stairs should be 1302, so the package was 1302_RS_OpenWroughtStairs and in the file txt the line sayd: catalogTextResource 1302_RS_OpenWroughtStairs_022207 139.
In this way it didn't work. I changed the 1302 number with 200, and the stairs now are perfectly showed up and work fine.

I knew that a stair may have a conflict with another stair if they have the same Catalog Text Resource number, but i haven't another stair with the same number. Numbers were already set by creators, why didn't they work with two consequential numbers?

May someone explain this, please?
Screenshots