Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2022 at 2:43 PM Last edited by starfishpaws : 8th Nov 2022 at 10:24 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Deleting unwanted recolors using a lot and clean installer?
I've recently reinstalled Sims 2 after years away and I thought there was a way to put all the unwanted recolors of an object down in a lot, package it and have it open in Clean Installer showing all the recolors that were in the lot so you could find the files. I've searched and can't find that information anywhere and when I try it myself all Clean Installer shows are the objects themselves, not the recolors. Does this method of removing recolors sound familiar to anyone or have a made it up (which is quite possible). Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 8th Nov 2022 at 6:06 PM
As long as your recolors are not merged, then you can delete them in game while using the design tool. This method of putting things on lots works well for meshes, but it's hit or miss on recolors packaging with a lot.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2022 at 6:39 PM
You can look at thumbnails in Clean Installer and untick unwanted items, so if you know there are items/colors you don't want, you can remove these before installing. You can also repackage the lot after removing items in the Clean Installer. It's easy to do so from the main UI, but figuring out what's what is a bit tedious.

One method you can use - especially for uploads, but also for safetycopies - is to move out your other CC (use a clean test game with as little CC/mods as possible if you want the cleanest possible repacking), install the lot with all the CC (or the items you're unsure of), check if the house looks good and has everything it needs, delete any recolors or objects you don't want, and then you can repackage. Check that nothing weird has been added (some mods like a few variants of buyable mailoox/trashcan mods and items that make portals like to add themselves to the lots), and you're done.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Nov 2022 at 10:25 PM
Thank you both for answering. I'll start sorting out my recolors via the design tool.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Nov 2022 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starfishpaws
Thank you both for answering. I'll start sorting out my recolors via the design tool.

just beware of items that are repoed there you may delete something across numerous items and merged as was said above. Otherwise the design tool delete is useful I find for stand alone items like painting recolours.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~