Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 11:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TS2 Vampire Teeth visual bug (floating, black holes?)
Hello everyone. I had this visual issue for a few days now and nothing I do seems to fix it. I reinstalled the game, played without custom content etc. but all my vampires end up having this issue with their teeth :

[IMG][/IMG]

Their fangs aren't connected to the roof of the mouth, there seems to be a black space in the top middle for no discernable reason. I'm encountering this issue for the first time and it happens whether I have mods installed (whether they change the vamp's teeth or not) or not (or have a fresh game or not as stated above). So far, it doesn't affect gameplay at all and I have no other problems with the game that I've noticed so far. This is purely a visual bug/glitch/etc.

Hope I posted this on the right forum, if not I'm sorry. Also forgive me if my English is bad Thank you in advance for any help you can give me
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 5:55 PM
From the game files it looks like the vampire teeth pulls the texture from the ingame face/teeth, so if there's anything overlaying the teeth (makeup/other skins/etc.) that would cause the black overlay, then that could be the explanation of the black bits.

The skin in your picture looks like a custom one, and the other teeth look a little bit "off". Have you tested with the EA skins (especially if you're not counting defaults in with your CC, perhaps a vampire skin default)?

Picture below: Vampire teeth UVs overlaid on the EAxis vampire/face texture. They seem to fit into the EAxis teeth texture, so from that perspective there's no explanation of the black bits.

When you've reinstalled your game, have you put any files back from your old game? Not necessarily anything in your Downloads folder, but SavedSims or other places? If so, could be an idea to look in those files.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 3:41 PM
Hello simmer22 !! Thank you so much for the reply. I reinstalled the game once again and I've noticed that for some reason I failed to remove the default replacement skintones CC. A huge oversight on my part and I think they caused the issue. If you haven't mentioned and shown the vampire teeth UV in your example I might not have connected the dots... thank you immensely for your help!! You were really kind to help me out and now I have a better understanding of how visual bugs like these can occur from now on. The vampire teeth in my game look normal like they are supposed to look now.
You helped me out and educated me in one post - thank you again!! I wish you a great day <3
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 5:20 PM
Usually when you notice bugs like these, it's a good idea to check through your saved game files (in Documents) first. In most cases, any bugs appearing in the game comes from those files.

Most of the times, reinstalling your game is not needed, and in some cases, repeated reinstalling can even cause more problems.

The easiest/fastest way to reset your game to a "clean slate" (with the exception of anything you've edited in the install files, like lighting mods and such) is to either move out or rename the "The Sims 2" folder in Documents, and run the game. This regenerates a new folder with new files, new base neighborhoods, and no CC.

(If you rename the folder, say to "The sims 2 old", you can later rename the other one to "The sims 2 test" or delete it, and rename the original one back to "The Sims 2" and you can play your old game - but make sure the folders always have different names, and that the one you're currently playing is named "The Sims 2". If you try renaming one to "The Sims 2" while the other one is currently also named "The Sims 2" and click "yes" to overwriting folders, you can cause quite a lot of trouble in the game).