Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 3:33 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 17th Mar 2024 at 12:33 PM.
Default Service Area, Jeans Shaker Oasis and Aberon Garden updates topic
Hello! How are you?

I'm almost done with Service Area, but I'm kind of bad with the order of memories, and besides, since the neighborhood is big, I may have forgotten some things... If you could try the neighborhood you would help me a lot! Any comment can be of great help. I also wanted you to see it and it makes me very happy to publish this version ^^

If you see anything that you think is wrong, don't hesitate to comment or send me a private message, there won't be any problem ^^

*This cc hairstyle is optional, but it's a maxis match hair and it's the bunny ears worn by Grubana Dordebic. https://modthesims.info/d/504266/the-hippity-hat.html

SSAR (test4)

Service Area is a step to the highway of Sim Nation.

In the past, the power plant was used for some houses to be built, thus giving a home to the workers, and over time, Service Area was considered a true town.

Although it is later than Jeans Shaker Oasis, the neighboring city, Service Area still preserves some houses that are reminiscent of the origins of the region.

But that's not what usually draws sims to visit this remote town!

Legends about UFO sightings and strange disappearances attract all kinds of curious sims who seek to find some truth in their lives...

Such was the fervor caused by the stories about flying saucers, that a television studio was built! Numerous shows and movies based on these phenomena were shot there.

For some time now, some sims have meetings in the hills and photograph the stars at night, however, this is beginning to irritate the military... Because the city also has a military base.

After the death of the previous mayors, the massive urbanization, and General Xi Huan's takeover of the government, Service Area finds itself in debt and in a state of shock.

The continuous series of deaths, disappearances, and strange events have left many inhabitants in a constant state of tension.

Recently, there was a particularly well-known case. Tyler, Poverty's eldest son, disappeared for several days and was later reported dead.

Some neighbors gossip that if you loiter around the streets, you can sometimes see a boy who looks identical to him. Others say it's just a rumor.

With a city on the brink of collapse and adults who refuse to relinquish their power, will the new generation be able to find a way forward?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 12:38 AM
I have computer anxiety via pink soup so I wouldn't be of much help unfortunately---lol XD I did load it though and I can honestly say it's got me excited and desperate to link it to JSO! I peeked in two houses and SimPE and from what I could see: Bumblebee's last name may be misspelled. It's saying "Sunraise" but I'm guessing you meant "Sunrise"? (I really like his name by the way! <3) I also saw the papergirl named Mail Carter. Did you mean Mail Carrier?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#3 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 6:16 PM
This neighborhood looks amazing! I can't wait to try it out. ^^

I'll download and play in the neighborhood later tonight. If I find any issues, I'll let you know as soon as possible.
But overall, it looks promising, great work!

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 11:08 PM
Thank you very much @Jawusa I am very excited that you try it!! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th May 2022 at 3:55 AM
Hi Sokisims!
I've played a bit of your other neighborhood, so I've downloaded this one as well to have a look.
Everything looks good! The story is very juicy and I love your sim and lot styles. The only weird thing I've encountered is Madames Zirconia's late husband name, it looks like it should be his description.
Aside from that, I'm very curious about what hapenned to the boy and who are the children of the corn. Looking foward to the official release of this neighborhood!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jun 2022 at 1:14 AM
Thanks for your comment bia123nca! I have been fixing JSO and Service Area for a few weeks, I have been quite focused on reducing the vegetation and retouching quite a few houses. (All to avoid the pink soup and make the neighborhoods look prettier). I'm so glad you're interested in the story and what happened to Tyler ^^

In the future I would like to upload the finished and empty version of JSO, all to see if someone can tell me if the neighborhood is completely clean and I can start to recreate it by creating the sims and everything else. I would also appreciate if someone can tell me if Service Area is also fully clean and working fine.
Theorist
#7 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 2:38 PM
I played some time with Stuart family. I think they are nice.
Ugly but pleasant roadside bar sounds funny

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 4:09 PM
Victor_tor Yes, it also seems like a nice and calm family to me compared to the others XD
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 12:34 PM
Hello! I am so in love with your hoods Jeans Shaker Oasis and Service Area^^ is it possible to make one of them a subhood to play them together?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 24th Oct 2022 at 8:23 PM.
Hi @Serizar, I would really like to make a sub-hood version of both neighborhoods, it's just that I'm waiting to have them completely ready. :lovestruc
Theorist
#11 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 9:14 PM
Great! Glad to see you are back to your neighborhood!

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
#12 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 4:47 AM
I note that I can enter all the lots except for the bunny and maid mansion, immediate game crash then and there when I try to do so.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 5:43 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 21st Jan 2023 at 6:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
I note that I can enter all the lots except for the bunny and maid mansion, immediate game crash then and there when I try to do so.

The only strange thing that the McBunny house has are two tombs and aspiration objects, such as cow plants, life elixirs, counterfeit money... I don't know if that has something to do with it, there is a mod to have all the objects unlocked in the buy mode, but normally the objects are imported and I think the game leaves them working even without having any owner... The cow plant ate several sims, I don't know if that has something to do with it... Do you have the ultimate collection with all the anti-corruption mods installed? Do you have all the packs and expansions? Have you tried both versions (test1) (test2)? What about Jeans Shaker Oasis, could you tell me if you can enter all the houses of the new clean version (N007)? It would help me a lot to know.

I Install the sims 2 on this new computer, downloading all the anti-corruption mods, installing all the basics such as lighting and CEP and everything loads perfectly. I test this neighborhood before doing that and it also loaded everything... I don't know what could be.
Scholar
#14 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 10:48 AM
I will find out, I think it was the first version but I can't say for sure. I do have all the anti-corruption mods (notably that is less concerning now regarding stub files and soft deletion per April Black's corruption breakdown video.)
I can confirm with regards to the unlocked items there isn't any issue as I too have done that with no issues.
Scholar
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 9:47 AM
So I can confirm it occurs in both files SSAR1 (the Spanish Version) and SSAR2 (The English Version) No such problem in SJSO R5 SOLO CASAS Which I presume is Jean's Shakers Oasis.
I've tried both in my main modded game and my very lightly modded Any Game Starter #1 (my Atoll builder version)
Main game crashes at the fourth loading bar, Atoll game doesn't. A major mod conflict must be causing it, yet it's the only lot that does so, no other lots crash the game in the hood or any hood in either version.
it is an issue on my side, but someone else with a large selection of mods may also encounter this crashing.
@Sokisms The stairs have nothing to do with it but I'd add railing to the first spiral stair before the next building inspection. SimNation tolerates Alien spacecraft, floating homes and lunar colonisation but I feel they'd condemn the house because of that missing rail.
Theorist
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 9:02 AM
Hello. No issues from my side when testing. But I have pretty few mods which makes my game more decorative - CC from cloned items, overriden items, CEP and lighting shaders. So those "fine" is something pretty common for myself.
Regards Vic

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 12:31 PM
I was able to load McBunny lot with no issues. Well other than McBunny being headless. But that was due to an unlocker for the bunny costume. I definitely don't have a lot of mods or cc, only at 2.7Gb.
Scholar
#18 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 9:14 PM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 25th Jan 2023 at 5:53 AM.
I should use the HCDU+ to narrow down what conflict could be causing it to crash.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Feb 2023 at 3:04 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 2nd Mar 2023 at 12:18 AM.
Here's Service Area test4, I've fixed a lot of things and I think it's pretty close to the final version, I'm going to play it for the next few days to see if I have to fix anything else. Your comments will help me a lot! ^^ If you see that there is a name that does not appear correctly, tell me and I will fix it.

SSAR (test4)
Scholar
#20 Old 24th Feb 2023 at 10:41 PM
How long have you been working on this hood for? Such cool ideas. the tv station, car dealership and the unique apartment designs.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Feb 2023 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 24th Feb 2023 at 11:23 PM.
Thank you very much for your comment. @Sims2Christain The truth is that I was reading my birth chart and it came out that I know what the public wants xD. Well, actually I know that I don't build as well as other creators that make beautiful things, but I trust my ability to try to build what I would like to play in a neighborhood and create a story based on that.

The truth is that I would have to think for a while to find out when I started with this neighborhood, but it was shortly after publishing the first version of Jeans Shaker Oasis, the ugliest original version. xD I don't know, maybe 2 or 3 years?

These ideas have also come from playing a lot of custom neighborhoods and downloading the houses and sims that everyone uploads, so it's really thanks to everyone that it exists. I want to highlight above all the neighborhoods uploaded before JSO, especially Emerald Heights.

Edit: I've already been playing and I see some things that I have to fix xD, I'll try to upload test4 in a few days.
Scholar
#22 Old 24th Feb 2023 at 11:59 PM
Military Training Base: left tower second floor missing a stairway fence rail.
Desert 29 Road: driveway and ancient guardian rock wall fence overlap.
Stable for Sale: Three unpainted wall segments
misunderstanding 5 street: missing walls, rails, condemnation notice from SimNation.

I couldn't find any other building errors.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 12:16 AM
SSAR (test4)

New version, I don't know if I should add memories of deaths and zombie conversions to some sims. So that fears related to some sims becoming zombies when they already are do not appear.
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 6:47 PM
Back to play!
I really liked your previous neighborhood, REALLY! What a joy to discover that today, we could try this one! I'm going to be annoying but would it be possible to make it a subhood? If yes, hooowww T-T
Two neighborhoods in one, for twice the fun!

I can't wait to try it! Thank you for your wonderful creations!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 7:03 PM
Hello MescAline, thank you very much for your comment! ^^ It makes me very happy that you like my neighborhoods. ^^
I know it's a pain to wait for everything to be really finished because I always forget some things, I still have to redo JSO in the new clean version I made, that's why I was waiting to do the sub-hoods of both neighborhoods. But if someone wants to do it and post the link for anyone to play, they can.
Page 1 of 2