Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2022 at 3:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim gets phone number of not existing sim?
Not sure if I might miss read the textbox but a Sim wanted to give me the number for someone named ursula or something... I said yes cause I thought it might be a townie but after I clicked yes I didn't got any new number... And then I checked SimPE and sorted it by names... No one named Ursula exists .-. not even someone whos first name starts with "u"... I used now hoodchecker who might could fix that idk... can the game even get random names of sims who doesnt exist? Or did I miss read or missunderstood the text?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 3:43 AM
That sounds like it could easily happen in the towns shipped with the game like it did with my test in Pleasantview when I first got my TS2 collection completed more than ten years ago.It happend in my test of Pleasantview just as I was notcing other strange things happening that were the early stages of it getting corrupted.It sounds like a sign of possible early stage town corruption just happened in your game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 9:55 AM
I play in a costum hood
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 7:33 PM
It sounds like it might also be possible that a glitch occured or that you're not using any corruption blocking Mods like I do.It's also possible the sim died just as yours got given the number or that your virus software got into files it shouldn't be touching.I had a far worse issue earlier this year with Norton which had fully broken my TS2 install and had to get it repaired.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 7:39 PM
I have all needed no corruption mods and use hoodchecker... I just have windows defender which never cause me uses personally... Though I'm wondering where the name comes from if such sim never existed or my memory is broken XD
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 5:10 AM
Maybe it's a pet?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 6:31 AM
That giving a phone numget of a sim can on rare occasions glitch out and fail to complete which happened to me once or twice on my old computer.I was loading from disks back then instead of loading UC like I've done ever since installing UC on this computer.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 6:48 AM
Didn't you just have this issue? https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=671531

Could be some problems left over from that, if any files didn't transfer back to the correct folder. Unknown sims, sims with different names (even different genders, ages or showing up as different species), and similar issues would be examples of issues you could potentially stumble upon when files have been somewhat messed up, or have gone missing in the Neighborhood folders.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 12:00 PM
Neither the old save nor the current one has such sim... SimPE also doesn't show anyone starting u... also not a pet or anything else...