Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 10:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Piercing's preview is too small
Hi,
I really don't know how to explain the problem.

My Sim today tried to buy some jewelry... in the preview I can see rings, bracelets and necklaces. They are big enough and I can see them.
Unfortunately for piercings (nose,eyebrown, etc) the story is sooo different!. I can't see anything, the images are too small.
Is it normal?

I add some screenshots

Bracelets - as you can see they are distinguible

Piercing - too small.. I can't see nothing.

Thanks

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 1:45 AM
Maybe this one can help? (Make sure to read the instructions, it's not a mod that fixes the thumbnails automatically, this is more of a default adjustment to the thumbnail cameras that need fine-tuning ingame).
https://modthesims.info/d/661915/cu...d-20-11-21.html

I'm not sure if you can change the thumbs in the Change Appearance menus - I'm guessing you have to change them in CAS first, without saying it for sure.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

Hi, thanks a lot for your kind answer.
Unfortunately it doesn't work. Now I can see the nose piercings better but I have a problem with eyebrown and lips piercings.. I see them so distant.

I don't know, the original beestew's preview is so different. I deleted the thumbnails,I tried the combo ctrl + right click but the situation is this.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 3:39 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Nov 2022 at 3:52 PM.
I think the point of the camera defaults is that you have to put in one, reset the thumbnails that particular camera fixes, then swap out the camera, reset those thumbnails, etc. until you're happy with the result. That's how you get the different viewpoints.

And then you have to leave the thumbnails alone, because if you try resetting them again (either ctrl-click or deleting thumbs), they'll use whatever camera is currently active, or reset to default.

You can leave in one camera as a fix-all for each category, but then all of them will use that same preset for the thumbnail.

It's possible you have to reset thumbnails in CAS, but I'm not sure. It was noted in the comments of the download topic that there could be some differences between CAS and Change Appearance.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 4:02 PM
I agree this is a really stupid issue and I haven't ever found a fix for it. Since I generally cheat to buy jewellery anyway, I tend to just buy everything and then not have my sim wear the ones I didn't want them to have.

It's not the CAS thumbnails which are the problem, these work fine. It's just in the "buy jewellery" screen (also used for example in change appearance/gussy up mod).

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 9:20 PM
CAS and the buy screen likely use different thumbnail cameras.

I don't know if it's possible to make custom thumbnails (as in custom pictures) for jewelry, like you can with regular accessories, but if this was possible, that could be a workaround. Hovertext probably doesn't work? (I rarely use jewelry, so haven't looked into this that much).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 8:35 PM
Thanks anyway for your replies