Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#12051 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 4:48 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 26th Jul 2021 at 12:11 PM. Reason: removed link
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
I'd like a mod where you can get scholarships with only 5 or 6 skill points instead of 8. Tired of all my teen sims either having way too many skills or not being able to get any scholarships.

@Coriel_Muroz <removed>. Two minute mod to throw together so felt like I kinda had to All skill-related scholarships lowered to 5. Use at your own risk, not providing support or compatibility testing for it. Should in theory work for Uni and up, don't remember BCONs having EP-links but been ages since I dealt with compatibility so could be I've forgotten something. Definitely will work with M~G. Will not conflict with any mods, unless they are doing the exact same thing as this in which case you don't need this one

If someone wants a different number than 5 it's extremely easy to edit in SimPE, I've attached a picture at the end of post with what it looks like. You just open the package, click on "Tuning - Scholarship Requisites" in the top part of window, then click on the row you want to edit, change the number in the Dec box on the left side, press commit file in the upper right corner of the lower half of SimPE window, then save in the upper left corner or under file menu. If you are super confused and can't find the places I'm referring to, there's more detailed instructions in this upload of mine, so you can look there. Different name on the BCON and the lines in it obviously, but the principle is the same.

EDIT: Realized I should have mentioned how skills numbers work, sorry about that. If you want to edit this for your own use, please know that you have to write the number in multiples of 100. So if you want 5 bars on the skill bar, write 500. If you want 7, then write 700. If you'd like it to be 5 bars and half way towards the next skill point, then 550
Screenshots

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#12052 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 12:47 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 26th Jul 2021 at 12:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
@Coriel_Muroz . Two minute mod to throw together so felt like I kinda had to All skill-related scholarships lowered to 5. Use at your own risk, not providing support or compatibility testing for it. Should in theory work for Uni and up, don't remember BCONs having EP-links but been ages since I dealt with compatibility so could be I've forgotten something. Definitely will work with M~G. Will not conflict with any mods, unless they are doing the exact same thing as this in which case you don't need this one

@gummilutt
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
This community is so generous and supportive. I'm sure SO many of us will take advantage of/enjoy this wonderful creation!?
Mad Poster
#12053 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 6:09 PM
You are very welcome This thread is great for this sort of thing, helping creators find little things people dream of that they could make for them if they happen to have the time and energy. I received a lot from this community over the years, so it's nice to be able to give something back on occasion

Field Researcher
#12054 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 6:18 PM
You are very welcome This thread is great for this sort of thing, helping creators find little things people dream of that they could make for them if they happen to have the time and energy. I received a lot from this community over the years, so it's nice to be able to give something back on occasion

Are you maybe interested to make FUNCTIONAL BAG OF SAND, fir cleaning pet litterbox? I know that you made PET FOOD BOX as actual functional object.
Mad Poster
#12055 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 1:22 AM
Way out of my league nowadays I'm afraid. Back then I could maybe have figured something out if a bag of sand object already exists with an open policy, but two years of disease turning my brain into mush has effectively wiped out most of what Michelle and gdayars and others taught me about object creating. Basic things I can still manage, but more complicated stuff is a bust. Especially areas of modding that I was never very good at, even back then.

But lots of talented modders around now, maybe one of them will see it and get inspired I remember I got a PM from someone about similar vein of thing, and they found someone outside of MTS that took it on, so if you really want it to exist, try finding object modders that take requests. Ask community if they know any

Mad Poster
#12056 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
Are you maybe interested to make FUNCTIONAL BAG OF SAND, fir cleaning pet litterbox? I know that you made PET FOOD BOX as actual functional object.

You might try Fractured Moonlight, over at PBK, who's well known for making functional things that not many people do-they've already done a huge project of making clay pots, etc, so they might be able to do this. ( I only put 'they' as the sex of Frac because I'm not sure if they're a he or a she..)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#12057 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 8:13 AM
Fractured Moonlight is not interested. I had asked them.
Lab Assistant
#12058 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 11:06 AM
Idk but it's like every single toddler is grumpy and noisy as hell while on the craddle. I'd like a mod that allow a toddler to yell only if one of these conditions are met: (1) has red aspiration, (2) hunger/fun is below 50%, (3) has neat personality and is stinking, (4) has a very grouchy personality overall.
On the opposite side, a toddler who has a very nice personality should never yell unless is starving.
Scholar
#12059 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 11:56 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 26th Jul 2021 at 12:14 PM.
@Coriel_Muroz . Two minute mod to throw together so felt like I kinda had to All skill-related scholarships lowered to 5. Use at your own risk, not providing support or compatibility testing for it. Should in theory work for Uni and up, don't remember BCONs having EP-links but been ages since I dealt with compatibility so could be I've forgotten something. Definitely will work with M~G. Will not conflict with any mods, unless they are doing the exact same thing as this in which case you don't need this one

If someone wants a different number than 5 it's extremely easy to edit in SimPE, I've attached a picture at the end of post with what it looks like. You just open the package, click on "Tuning - Scholarship Requisites" in the top part of window, then click on the row you want to edit, change the number in the Dec box on the left side, press commit file in the upper right corner of the lower half of SimPE window, then save in the upper left corner or under file menu. If you are super confused and can't find the places I'm referring to, there's more detailed instructions in this upload of mine, so you can look there. Different name on the BCON and the lines in it obviously, but the principle is the same.

EDIT: Realized I should have mentioned how skills numbers work, sorry about that. If you want to edit this for your own use, please know that you have to write the number in multiples of 100. So if you want 5 bars on the skill bar, write 500. If you want 7, then write 700. If you'd like it to be 5 bars and half way towards the next skill point, then 550

This is awesome, gummilutt!
I play with a shorter lifespan and my teenagers never ever have enough time to skill up (there is too much dating to do ) so this is really appreciated.

Why don't you upload it to MTS?
It might seem a little thing for you, but I'm sure plenty of us would put it to good use.
Mad Poster
#12060 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 6:03 PM
Nah, not interested in uploading stuff officially. With how little energy I have nowadays I don't want to put it towards compatibility testing and writing out detailed instructions. And I may disappear again for 2 years at any time, so it wouldn't be supported and I don't think that's fair to the downloaders. But if anyone else wants to do that stuff and upload it themselves, go for it, I don't mind I just wanted to help Coriel out since it's such an easy mod to make if you just know how to find the code.

Test Subject
#12061 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 9:11 PM
I have some ideas for mods and hacks:

- A mod where you can summon an evil spirit by reading a magic book. The demon/spirit will kill sims in your neighborhood unless you send it back into the book. Basically an NPC that can randomly kill sims.

- The Deadly Kiss: a mod where you can kill a sim with a kiss. Think of the villain Poison Ivy from the 1997 Batman and Robin movie. This would be great for evil witches and succubi.

- The Deadly Hand Buzzer Handshake: This would be awesome for a Joker sim. Give your neighbor the shock of his life. You give him a handshake, he gets electricuted, then drops dead.

- A Ghostbusting mod for sims 2 where you can zap ghosts and capture them. A pke meter that can detect the ghosts.
Mad Poster
#12062 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by guirnaldas
Idk but it's like every single toddler is grumpy and noisy as hell while on the craddle. I'd like a mod that allow a toddler to yell only if one of these conditions are met: (1) has red aspiration, (2) hunger/fun is below 50%, (3) has neat personality and is stinking, (4) has a very grouchy personality overall.
On the opposite side, a toddler who has a very nice personality should never yell unless is starving.
I don't agree at all. If you're wide awake, and want to play, but you're stuck in your crib, just scream and scream and scream until someone comes and lets you out. You're a toddler and you have a right to play! Don't worry about the grown-ups; it's their job to look after you. Toddlers of the world unite!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#12063 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I don't agree at all. If you're wide awake, and want to play, but you're stuck in your crib, just scream and scream and scream until someone comes and lets you out. You're a toddler and you have a right to play! Don't worry about the grown-ups; it's their job to look after you. Toddlers of the world unite!

I see where you come from, but my ears don't
Scholar
#12064 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 11:06 PM
Am I the only one who hears the toddlers screaming, "Daaaaddyyyyy! Goddammit, daddy, wherrre arrrre youuuuuuuuuuuu!"?

I agree that it would be nice to see some variety in toddler screaming. Nice toddlers who are in a good mood shouldn't start screaming and stomping the second they wake up, especially when a carer is already right there in the room walking towards them. I would much prefer it if the nicer ones could start with something more akin to asking for attention, leaving the melodrama for those who are miserable or grouchy.

I think the difficulty is that the way it's coded, asking for attention needs an attentive audience with the reciprocal action "Be asked", whereas screaming doesn't need a specific individual available to "Be screamed at". Maybe "Call over" could work, since it doesn't require the callee to be right beside the caller?
Mad Poster
#12065 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 11:13 PM
According to my mother, that's just what I was like pre-school. I discovered that I could get what I wanted by screaming until I got it. A bit like Violet-Elizabeth Bott in the Just William books. As an older child, when I read about Violet-Elizabeth Bott I was quite embarrassed.

[EDIT] The funny thing is, as an older child I think I had quite a few Nice points (and I hope I've still got some of them), but pre-school I was just horrible.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#12066 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 1:30 AM
I really wish zits were just random, rather than tied to hygiene. I'm playing a household where the oldest kid just became a teen, and he's so adorably awkward and into himself that I can see the spots without them even being there. It'd be really fun to be surprised by zits on some teens regardless of how often they shower (or don't shower).

Lab Assistant
#12067 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Am I the only one who hears the toddlers screaming, "Daaaaddyyyyy! Goddammit, daddy, wherrre arrrre youuuuuuuuuuuu!"?

I agree that it would be nice to see some variety in toddler screaming. Nice toddlers who are in a good mood shouldn't start screaming and stomping the second they wake up, especially when a carer is already right there in the room walking towards them. I would much prefer it if the nicer ones could start with something more akin to asking for attention, leaving the melodrama for those who are miserable or grouchy.

I think the difficulty is that the way it's coded, asking for attention needs an attentive audience with the reciprocal action "Be asked", whereas screaming doesn't need a specific individual available to "Be screamed at". Maybe "Call over" could work, since it doesn't require the callee to be right beside the caller?

Exactly this. In short, it would be great if toddlers showed some personality too.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#12068 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 12:13 PM
Nah, not interested in uploading stuff officially.

Aww sorry to hear that. Sharing cc that you have made is not allowed anywhere but through the queue so I did have to remove the link. Anyone interested will have to pm gummilutt, unless you have a tumblr you could pop it on then link to the tumblr post.
Mad Poster
#12069 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 7:12 PM
My apologies. I thought simfileshare links were okay, see people post them all the time. But perhaps the distinction is that they are posting other peoples uploads, rather than something from their own profile.

Either way, don't PM me. It's unlikely I'd respond. If you wanted mod and you can't get it now, I'm sorry.

Forum Resident
#12070 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 8:08 PM
Simmers in the future: "How do you have a mod to make scholarships require 5 skill points instead of 8?"
Me: "You had to be there"
Alchemist
#12071 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 8:27 PM
A soft/hard edge slider for the terrain paints. Someone found out their drawing tablet works with Sims 4 terrain paint. Naturally, I grabbed my drawing tablet to see if it worked with Sims 2, and it does, but not very well, because the terrain tools are so limited.

Also, hopefully it doesn't break the rules to say this, and sorry if it does, but I have a tumblr, and I'm willing to post links.
Mad Poster
#12072 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 10:36 PM
Post away my dear peoples Upload anywhere, the file itself or the link. Send in PMs, don't send in PMs. Do whatever you want to do Welcome to claim it as your own, I really don't mind what happens to it. I just wanted to help Coriel out since I could, beyond that is totally open policy.

I happened to discover it conflicts with Cyjon's djsbadgescholarships, so I updated the file on simfileshare with a compatible version and a txt explaining load order. Cause once again I happened to see and it was 2 min fix so might as well, I'm sure more people than me like to have the additional scholarships for badges.

Mad Poster
#12073 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 12:18 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 27th Jul 2021 at 12:28 AM.
Personally I think it was a little heavy-handed to remove the link. Chris Hatch shared a lot of stuff that way without it being removed. A lot of us (including myself) have downloaded and are using these mods. Gummi only tried to share one.

Anyway, I got the mod (and the link to SimFileShare) during the time it was available. I'll update it to the new version now. I am minded to share the link on my LiveJournal (if I can remember how to log in to it!). I've got a tumblr too, but I think downloads are usually easier to find on LJ than on tumblr. Of course I'll credit it to gummilutt -- I'm still not capable of making its like myself. I'll also test it in my game and let gummi know how well it works in my game; my highest EP is OFB. I play my teens really long term, but frankly a lot of skilling is boring, and my teens have got lives to live, and plenty of more interesting things to do. If there's one thing that everyone knows about teens, it's that they don't like being bored!

I really wish zits were just random, rather than tied to hygiene. I'm playing a household where the oldest kid just became a teen, and he's so adorably awkward and into himself that I can see the spots without them even being there. It'd be really fun to be surprised by zits on some teens regardless of how often they shower (or don't shower).
Well, I was talking it over with my teen pal Andrew from Veronaville, and he reckons it's impossible to go through adolescence as a playable Sim without getting them. Andrew is a real neat freak but he's had acne enough times to regard it as a curse. He says, "Maybe if you showered like four times a day, you might avoid zits, but, hell, we've got lives to live! You can't spend your entire life in the shower." At the moment Andrew is acne-free, but his husband Julian has got a big plook growing in the middle of his face. Andrew says, "I hate to see Julian's beautiful face disfigured that way!"

Maybe those who use age mods to rush through the teen stage in 7 days or less might manage to avoid acne, but I'm sure, gummi, that, like me, you like to give your teens plenty of time to develop. (Well, maybe not quite as much time as I give mine!) So I think there's a good chance that your awkward teen will be surprised (and probably shocked) by acne at some point during his adolescence, no matter how hard he tries to attend to his personal hygiene. My playable teens nearly always get acne at some point. The level of hygiene needed to prevent acne is really very high.

Andrew is a a real neat-freak, obsessed with neatness and cleanliness, and very well organised. Unfortunately for him, he's saddled with me as his Player, and I'm chaotic! ("Don't I know it?!" says Andrew.) So, if your teen doesn't get acne, it probably says that you're much better organised than I am!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Alchemist
#12074 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 3:53 AM
@Coriel_Muroz <removed>. Two minute mod to throw together so felt like I kinda had to All skill-related scholarships lowered to 5. Use at your own risk, not providing support or compatibility testing for it. Should in theory work for Uni and up, don't remember BCONs having EP-links but been ages since I dealt with compatibility so could be I've forgotten something. Definitely will work with M~G. Will not conflict with any mods, unless they are doing the exact same thing as this in which case you don't need this one

https://earlypleasantview.tumblr.co...arships-lowered

You can get this here now. It's obviously not mine; I'm just posting the link.
Mad Poster
#12075 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 5:12 AM
I've noticed that some people, like Chris Hatch, can post SFS links to their own creations on the forums without submitting them to the main downloads section, and other people cannot. I just now downloaded a Chris Hatch hack on SFS linked by Chris Hatch on the forums that he posted back in January. It's still there, no moderator has removed it.
Page 483 of 580