Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#12176 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 2:42 AM Last edited by grammapat : 4th Sep 2021 at 2:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Maybe because the one by sophie david does work and shows up on community lots? I have it and use those rewards all the time as I'm far too lazy to wait for my sims to accomplish things on their own.
It doesn't actually work on community lots, and I've already edited it to do so, and I was looking into making all of them work on community lots.

"Sophiedavid does work" but "doesn't actually work on community lots"..which was my whole point - having it placeable (it is) and usable by a visiting sim (it didn't).
And did you mean you have done some "fixin"?

Thanks HL

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#12177 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 4:07 AM
@Lena88, my desktop is disassembled right now so I can't double check my own download folders but I think it's included in the printing machines here:
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org...inting_machine/
At least I think it's included from the picture.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#12178 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 9:36 AM
I have checked it. It says ONLY MAGAZINES, not newspapers.
Mad Poster
#12179 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 10:26 AM
No! The picture (printing_machines.jpg) shows magazines being printed on the left and newspapers on the right. Archive file printing_machines.rar contains three files: Simslice-TS2-PrinterMagazines.zip, Simslice-TS2-PrinterNewspapers.zip and Simslice-TS2-PrinterSimoleans.zip (sic). I haven't actually downloaded or installed them, but they all appear to be there.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#12180 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 12:12 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 4th Sep 2021 at 12:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
"Sophiedavid does work" but "doesn't actually work on community lots"..which was my whole point - having it placeable (it is) and usable by a visiting sim (it didn't).
And did you mean you have done some "fixin"?

Still poking at other rewards, but yes. I've sent you a pm with it.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I know slding down bannisters came with M&G stuff, and also that it's autonomous only (unless you have allmenus on).

It looks like it is teens and children, is autonomous, and requires a playfulness of 750 (out of what I don't know).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12181 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 2:36 PM
Oh thanks @HugeLunatic I've never seen a child do this!
Alchemist
#12182 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 3:08 PM
Thanks for checking, AndrewGloria! Oh, and there is a mod that allows you to take toddlers to community lots, but I think you'd need a higher EP--you don't have Pets installed, right? It's by Dickhurt here on MTS, in case you want to check it out yourself. Only, thing is that it doesn't affect visitors.

@pianogrinder Gummilutt enabled sliding down the bannister
here. There's a version enabled for everyone, and one just for playful sims.

@lientebollemeis, sshack by Pescado might help with the no social worker for bad grades thing. (faq is here, but of course find the version for your latest EP.)

@pico22, for the future, get Neder's No Relationships with Burglars.

I also think there's a shelf version of the medicine cabinet, but I can't find it or remember who did it.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Scholar
#12183 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 5:51 PM
I would like a mod that allowed playables to marry YA - and they would grow up into adulthood during the wedding.

I currently need my playables to invite the YA fiancé to move before they can actually marry.
Which is no big deal, but I would like the marriage option to be avaliable in the menu and the YA would grow up as a result.
Mad Poster
#12184 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
there is a mod that allows you to take toddlers to community lots, but I think you'd need a higher EP--you don't have Pets installed, right? It's by Dickhurt here on MTS, in case you want to check it out yourself. Only, thing is that it doesn't affect visitors.
Thanks. I do know about the DickHurt mod, but, as you say, I don't have Pets. In some ways I'd rather like to get pets now I've got a better computer. But I have several mods that would stop working if I did. And my game is running very well just now -- fast and smooth! I really would like a version that just did toddlers. Seeing that I used to be able to earn my keep as a programmer, I wonder if it's something I could learn to do for myself, by removing all the references to Pets from Dickhurt's code. I do recall Jo suggesting that the Dickhurt's mod might be glitchy.

What do you mean by "it doesn't affect visitors"? Do you mean you don't get other toddlers autonomously visiting the lot? That's a pity. My mother and I regularly dine out at an ice cream restaurant and a bistro with a soft play area. Watching the antics (and occasional tantrums) of the young visitors is a major attraction of both venues.

------------------------------------- oooooooooooooooooooo -------------------------------------

@Lena88 I don't know how you didn't find it. I got it right away following Phantomknight's link. But don't feel bad about it. We all make mistakes sometimes. Actually I'm glad you asked about this newspaper printing machine, and I'm glad I went looking for it for you, because, when I found it, I liked what I saw. Now the local newspapers in the 'hoods that I play can become a thing, with proprietors, editors, reporters, printers, and maybe even telesales staff. Yes, the newspaper printing press does work. See the Baldrair Bugle being printed on it here! I had this Romance Sim Jeremy Naughtie (yes it is a Scottish surname!) in the family bin since playing the 'hood last year. I made him the owner/editor of the Bugle and moved him into a house that I built for him, with the printing press set up in the back room, and started the press rolling. (His house is a made-over and extended version of the Maxis Victorian Value.) I'm not sure how Jeremy is going to derive an income from this venture, but if all else fails, I'll install the Simslice Simoleans [sic] Printing Machine in a back room. This is a buyable version of the Maxis Genuine Buck counterfeiting machine modified so it can't catch fire or get you arrested. It's a long time since running a local paper was licence to print money in the real world!

------------------------------------- oooooooooooooooooooo -------------------------------------

Quote: Originally posted by Amura
I would like a mod that allowed playables to marry YA - and they would grow up into adulthood during the wedding.

I'd just like a mod to let YAs marry without leaving college or growing up. I mean why shouldn't students marry each other? My parents did. I have some old-fashioned Sims in my game who believe that woohoo before marriage is a sin.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#12185 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 11:58 PM
@AndrewGloria, yes, that's what I meant, that toddlers don't show up as visitors while your current playable is at a community lot. I don't think there's any mod that does that, though I think there's some Chris Hatch mods that come close. He has playgroup one that, iirc, lets you simulate a daycare or, well, playgroup, and I believe other toddlers enrolled in it can be present at drop off. But it's been a while since I read the read me.

And I totally get not wanting to update or mess with your game setup when you've finally got it to work just right! But remember that there are often updates to mods, too. Is there a particular one (or ones) that you're worried about? Maybe we can help you find updated versions or alternatives. I think you might like some of the later EP features and Pets is a pretty good one to start with. Or honestly maybe AL would even better if you're hesitant about adding too many new features or changing things too much. Because it's main features are apartments and magic, you could easily ignore both, if you're not ready for those yet, while still being able to utilize the most updated/recent mods. Unlike some EPs, AL doesn't really introduce a lot of new want panel spam, so your sims should feel much the same. But I think you would enjoy having your playables be apartment neighbors and hanging out in the background. Plus there's some cool new items (like the dog pen and playground objects), and I'd think you would like the social townies and their gestures, too. There's even a mod that lets playables use the gestures autonomously, so they can belong to the different groups. And I like the reputation system--I know some simmers aren't too keen on it, but I think it adds a nice element to socializing, and the perks for being good are great. Between that and outings, sims can actually be socialites. It's something to consider anyway, though probably a discussion for another thread.

Anyway, your newspaper business sounds nice. I was thinking of doing that once, and had went hunting for mods, which is why I remembered it. I was toying with using the write article feature from Monique's computer as well, to help make money. I also think there's a typewriter in PCSims' law set that gives money when working at it. And newspapers have photographers, too. While it's not as fluid as in TS3, you could make a sim lug around the camera career reward and take pictures, or do ones for interviews and profile pieces.

About the YA marriage thing--Jo mentioned that in another thread. Doesn't the hacked wedding arch (or the global versions) do that? It doesn't grow sims up/move them in, but they should be able to get married. (Marhis original, Midgethetree global version, Veetie global version.) Or you could check out the mod Lamare has in testing here.

Scholar
#12186 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 12:08 AM
Something that permanently mutes that annoying ass intro music. Frick, somehow no matter how times it happens I'll always forget it's gonna troll me on bootup and play right over my other audio. Best solution I could ever find was to overwrite some file with another EA track but I guess no music at all was too much to ask from EA.

Also, the freezer clock options built in as pie menu options for sims so I don't need a clock on every lot. I do have the next best thing - spawning the clock through BOs spawn objects, but yeah that's not ideal either.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#12187 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 1:23 AM
Rattles for babies and toddlers. They would raise fun and other sims child to elder age could play with the babies/toddlers with rattles.
Top Secret Researcher
#12188 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Something that permanently mutes that annoying ass intro music. Frick, somehow no matter how times it happens I'll always forget it's gonna troll me on bootup and play right over my other audio. Best solution I could ever find was to overwrite some file with another EA track but I guess no music at all was too much to ask from EA.

Also, the freezer clock options built in as pie menu options for sims so I don't need a clock on every lot. I do have the next best thing - spawning the clock through BOs spawn objects, but yeah that's not ideal either.

I just turned off the music...

The freezer clock: indeed that would be nice.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
#12189 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 11:05 AM
@AndrewGloria, yes, that's what I meant, that toddlers don't show up as visitors while your current playable is at a community lot. I don't think there's any mod that does that, though I think there's some Chris Hatch mods that come close. He has playgroup one that, iirc, lets you simulate a daycare or, well, playgroup, and I believe other toddlers enrolled in it can be present at drop off. But it's been a while since I read the read me.

And I totally get not wanting to update or mess with your game setup when you've finally got it to work just right! But remember that there are often updates to mods, too. Is there a particular one (or ones) that you're worried about? Maybe we can help you find updated versions or alternatives. I think you might like some of the later EP features and Pets is a pretty good one to start with. Or honestly maybe AL would even better if you're hesitant about adding too many new features or changing things too much. Because it's main features are apartments and magic, you could easily ignore both, if you're not ready for those yet, while still being able to utilize the most updated/recent mods. Unlike some EPs, AL doesn't really introduce a lot of new want panel spam, so your sims should feel much the same. But I think you would enjoy having your playables be apartment neighbors and hanging out in the background. Plus there's some cool new items (like the dog pen and playground objects), and I'd think you would like the social townies and their gestures, too. There's even a mod that lets playables use the gestures autonomously, so they can belong to the different groups. And I like the reputation system--I know some simmers aren't too keen on it, but I think it adds a nice element to socializing, and the perks for being good are great. Between that and outings, sims can actually be socialites. It's something to consider anyway, though probably a discussion for another thread.

Anyway, your newspaper business sounds nice. I was thinking of doing that once, and had went hunting for mods, which is why I remembered it. I was toying with using the write article feature from Monique's computer as well, to help make money. I also think there's a typewriter in PCSims' law set that gives money when working at it. And newspapers have photographers, too. While it's not as fluid as in TS3, you could make a sim lug around the camera career reward and take pictures, or do ones for interviews and profile pieces.

About the YA marriage thing--Jo mentioned that in another thread. Doesn't the hacked wedding arch (or the global versions) do that? It doesn't grow sims up/move them in, but they should be able to get married. (Marhis original, Midgethetree global version, Veetie global version.) Or you could check out the mod Lamare has in testing here.

Could you post a picture of PCSIMS LAW SET? Please? I cant find how items look.
Mad Poster
#12190 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 6:19 PM
As is always the case when I'm doing boring CC maintenance, I wish for a program that would automatically change the sortindex in bundled files, specifically hair files right now. I've got a macro I recorded that does it, but because it records my mouse movements and keystrokes, I can't use my computer for anything else while it's running, and I have to do each file one by one because the number of entries that need changing varies depending on ages and number of recolours, so it might only have to do 70 on one file, then 238 on the next one. And I have to babysit it the whole time so I can cancel the macro when SimPE inevitably runs out of memory and crashes. It's still infinitely better than doing it all by hand, and worth it to have all the recolours of a mesh show up together, but I just wish it was better.
Field Researcher
#12191 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 8:05 PM Last edited by Lena88 : 7th Sep 2021 at 9:57 PM.
I dont know if there is such mod (correct me if I am wrong)...but it would be cool when game spawns new townies, it spawns sims with: glasses, jewelry, makeup,...I know for BODY SIZE DIVERSITY but I couldnt find MAKEUP/JEWELRY/GLASSES....diversity.

P. S. It wouls be cool to have a mod that allows your sims to shop as long as they want and ONLY AT THE END go to casher to pay. When sims go to unowned community lot and want to buy something it always CASHER PER ITEM CLICK.
Mad Poster
#12192 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 8:57 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Sep 2021 at 9:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
I dont know if there is such mod (correct me if I am wrong)...but it would be cool when game spawns new townies, it spawns sims with: glasses, jewelry, makeup,...I know for BODY SIZE DIVERSITY but I couldnt find MAKEUP/JEWELRY/GLASSES....diversity.

You technically don't need a mod for that *. Anything that's townie-enabled should spawn on townies (not entirely sure about jewelry, but glasses and regular accessories are a definite yes, and I think makeup should work fine too). You have to townie-enable CC with either SimPE or the Wardrobe Wrangler. You need to make sure you only enable things you want townies to spawn with out of your control, though. Townies have a knack of bad mix-and-matching...

* For EAxis items you'd need recategorizer mods, but those are relatively easy to make.

Most people who upload content don't townie-enable items because it's easier to towniefy them than de-towniefy them, and not everyone likes to play with towniefied items, so it's often best to leave that up to the individual person whether they want to towniefy or not.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12193 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11419.0.html
Alchemist
#12194 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 4:28 AM
@Lena88 it's in the PCSims Lawyers Office Set. It's actually not in the graveyard, but it's a part of the archive The Jessa Channel uploaded in a video; check the description--the mediafire link still works. In that set, look in:
Sims Mod Board - PC Sims/Courtroom/COURTROOM MOD.rar/SMB_KatyHope_31589_20070715_Lawyers Office.zip
There are two typewriters in there, "Lawyers Office Typewriter Secretary Model II.package" and "Lawyers Office Typewriter Secretary.package" and in the game they should show in Electronics, TV & Computers.

Mad Poster
#12195 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 5:44 AM
A "Sleep in Formalwear" or "Sleep in Everyday" option specific to the coffin bed (I get tired of having to mess around in Bodyshop anytime I want appropriately dressed sleeping vampires!)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#12196 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
A "Sleep in Formalwear" or "Sleep in Everyday" option specific to the coffin bed (I get tired of having to mess around in Bodyshop anytime I want appropriately dressed sleeping vampires!)

With insiminator you can let them go to bed in their pyjamas and then change to formal wear or something else.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Forum Resident
#12197 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra

I guess the developers found it funny to see vampires sleeping in their pajamas, but I always hated it.
Field Researcher
#12198 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 8:13 AM
@Lena88 it's in the PCSims Lawyers Office Set. It's actually not in the graveyard, but it's a part of the archive The Jessa Channel uploaded in a video; check the description--the mediafire link still works. In that set, look in:
Sims Mod Board - PC Sims/Courtroom/COURTROOM MOD.rar/SMB_KatyHope_31589_20070715_Lawyers Office.zip
There are two typewriters in there, "Lawyers Office Typewriter Secretary Model II.package" and "Lawyers Office Typewriter Secretary.package" and in the game they should show in Electronics, TV & Computers.

Actually...I DO have PC COURTROOM, but I have JUDGE, WITNESS and NOTARY STAND. I dont have LAWYER TYPEWRITER. Where I can find TYPEWRITER?
Alchemist
#12199 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 4:37 PM
@Lena88, try downloading the archive from the video I linked--I don't think it's included in the regular Courtroom archive, if you got it somewhere else. But if you download the archive I linked to, the file path is exactly what I said; I double checked it yesterday. In The Jessa Channel's archive, there's another rar called "Courtroom Mod.rar" within the Courtroom folder. And in there is the Lawyers Office zip with the typewriters.

Alchemist
#12200 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 5:46 PM
I really wish someone could figure out how to change the pond water color (not a default). Like, in castaway, you can change the water to be greenish, like swamp water, or red for lava.
Page 488 of 576