Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12201 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
Actually...I DO have PC COURTROOM, but I have JUDGE, WITNESS and NOTARY STAND. I dont have LAWYER TYPEWRITER. Where I can find TYPEWRITER?

Lena, you don't have to use capital letters, we will see your post when written in the correct case. Posting in all capitals is advised against in the site rules.
Advertisement
Inventor
#12202 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 12:09 AM
^ *Looks around sheepishly , decides to confess* MTS(2) was one of the first sites on the internet that I joined ( Dec '08). I had zero idea at the time that caps was shouting. I was looking for a moniker that I could easily remember (one of my favorite hoops players of all time and Pearl Jam's original name) and took this abomination. Somewhere between that time and March of '09 I must have seen the light and the error of my ways as my later registrations at Insim, Simscave and others as mookie show. I do hereby , without an attorney present , make a full and truthful confession to my ignorance of internet semantics. I miss the old MTS chat where several people used to routinely greet me ( affectionately , I think ?) as caps lock man. Good times. Anyway, I'm eligible for internet parole in Dec of '23. Please put in a good word with the judge for me. *Returns to his lair in the wcif section where he is as quiet as a librarian with laryngitis*

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#12203 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 12:22 AM
I feel like Lena learned capitalization rules from 1980's text adventure games.
Theorist
#12204 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 2:50 AM
In Lena's message, apart from putting stress on "do", the rest sort of seems like the German way of typing where they capitalize every Noun. Lena just takes on creative liberty to continue the capitalization a bit more throughout the word.
Forum Resident
#12205 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 4:41 AM
Don't judge, I know I play the sims too much, but just before my alarm clock rudely woke me up this morning, I had dreamt up a beautiful default replacement for the red cardigan on white shirt that came with nightlife. It was like a sort of longer coat, inspired by a qipao, that went down to your knees, but sort of opened up under the waistline, so that the pants were visible. Also hit had some golden details on it. If you google Ushiromiya Eva from Umineko, it was similar, but the opening was in the front and larger.
Field Researcher
#12206 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Lena88, try downloading the archive from the video I linked--I don't think it's included in the regular Courtroom archive, if you got it somewhere else. But if you download the archive I linked to, the file path is exactly what I said; I double checked it yesterday. In The Jessa Channel's archive, there's another rar called "Courtroom Mod.rar" within the Courtroom folder. And in there is the Lawyers Office zip with the typewriters.

Do you, or anyone, happen to know how LAW CLASS works? Is it like a school?
Theorist
#12207 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 12:38 PM
@Lena88 try typing it like this:

Quote:
Do you, or anyone, happen to know how law class works? Is it like a school?
Alchemist
#12208 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 4:02 PM
I think Lena88 is just using caps to differentiate the proper names of files--while unusual for most of us, it's not exactly wrong. If italics were used instead, or maybe just capitalizing the first letter for each word, or using quotes, etc., I don't think anyone would have a problem. The caps are doing the same thing here, emphasizing the file's name. Don't think of it as shouting in this instance, but as quotes, and it makes more sense. That's my take, anyway.

@Lena88, I haven't used Law Class--is that the rar from The Sims Graveyard? Looking in it, it seems to be just regular objects to set up a law school--desk, seating, and buffets. But there's a folder in the The Jessa Channel archive called "Law School" that has some study stands. Again, I haven't used it, but judging from the picture it looks like it teaches skills (it actually looks like teaches the register badge, for some reason).

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#12209 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 9:29 PM
I think Lena88 is just using caps to differentiate the proper names of files--while unusual for most of us, it's not exactly wrong. If italics were used instead, or maybe just capitalizing the first letter for each word, or using quotes, etc., I don't think anyone would have a problem. The caps are doing the same thing here, emphasizing the file's name. Don't think of it as shouting in this instance, but as quotes, and it makes more sense. That's my take, anyway.

@Lena88, I haven't used Law Class--is that the rar from The Sims Graveyard? Looking in it, it seems to be just regular objects to set up a law school--desk, seating, and buffets. But there's a folder in the The Jessa Channel archive called "Law School" that has some study stands. Again, I haven't used it, but judging from the picture it looks like it teaches skills (it actually looks like teaches the register badge, for some reason).

There is a 'law study' stand that allows one to lecture on the law, in that download. I have it, but do not use it at all because most of Katy's mods are very, very outdated and not updated for anything beyond Uni, and thus they work very badly when they do work-dropped queues, stopped motion, jump actions, etc.

The "lawyers' set consists of a 'judge's stand', a "lawyer's stand" court room seating, a typewriter, hacked chairs, a bookcase, a 'law book' and a table to for a lawyer to use while assisting his client.

The two sets are different in that the law school items are used for classes, and the lawyers' set is used for circumstances such as court rooms. Most of them work, but as stated above they are problematic because they were made so long ago, with a few EP's and have never been updated.

In such a situation, I'd say 'let the buyer beware' when using any of her items. She was a good modder, but times changed.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#12210 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 9:40 PM
Almost every time my Sims go to a community lot, they get the want to slow dance. Now I don't know about you, but when I go to the grocery store, slow dancing is the last thing I want to do. I wish there was a hack that suppressed this want unless you're on a date or something, where it makes sense. I kinda can't believe no one's done this, but I've searched and haven't found one.
Forum Resident
#12211 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 5:09 AM
I desperately need a horizon that is only water! For neighborhoods like New Farprork o Nekojima it would be ideal. I don't like how the only one I know looks like with islands around it, the water seems to float.
Top Secret Researcher
#12212 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 12:17 PM
My boyfriend had this idea to right before a sim goes into labour, let a screen pop-up so the sim can ask for a epidural and change the animations accordingly.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
just a girl
#12213 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 10:58 PM
I hope this kind of question is OK, let me know if it isn't.

So, it's been a while since I played and modded until recently and I forgot a lot of things. I know there are mods to improve bed ownership system, but for some reason I made my own. I made a mod that makes sims sleep in their own beds and only if it's past 10 pm. I don't remember why I did it, instead of using existing solutions and simply adding time checks. Must be something I didn't like about them, but I don't recall what exactly. Now I'm thinking if I should upload my mod or it'll be redundant.

So, here's the question. Do you use mods for bed ownership, and if you do - are they perfect as they are or is there something you'd like to be different?
Mad Poster
#12214 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare

So, it's been a while since I played and modded until recently and I forgot a lot of things. I know there are mods to improve bed ownership system, but for some reason I made my own. I made a mod that makes sims sleep in their own beds and only if it's past 10 pm. I don't remember why I did it, instead of using existing solutions and simply adding time checks. Must be something I didn't like about them, but I don't recall what exactly. Now I'm thinking if I should upload my mod or it'll be redundant.

So, here's the question. Do you use mods for bed ownership, and if you do - are they perfect as they are or is there something you'd like to be different?

I do use Two Jeff's "Smart Beds" which in my opinion, was the best mod ever made for assigning beds-it's easy to use and it does the job faithfully. I don't think there's s a whole lot you can do to improve on it.

But if you want to upload it, go ahead. There's still some people who don't have a mod for the problem, and they'll possibly be interested. I use that mod and another by XPTL to make everyone go to bed exactly at 11 pm (kids go at 8). Perfect fit for those two.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#12215 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare

I've heard the smart beds hack has issues if you ever accidentally send a sim to sleep on the wrong side of their double bed, which is why I don't use it.
Mad Poster
#12216 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
mod . . . by XPTL to make everyone go to bed exactly at 11 pm
I think I need that mod. It's 3 a.m. and I'm still up -- messing about with Sims.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12217 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I think I need that mod. It's 3 a.m. and I'm still up -- messing about with Sims.

I do too..I'm up at 3:30 my time because I'm don't have it. (pixels stay asleep until 6 am every day. I want that mod, too!)

Mad Poster
#12218 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 9:47 AM
I don't use a bed mod, I did once and I can't remember why I got rid of it, just that it wasn't working right for me. But after recent relationship-destroying wrong bed shenanigans, I'm thinking maybe I should give one another try.
Alchemist
#12219 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 3:35 PM
I tried Smart Beds once, but I didn't like it. Idk if I can articulate the exact reasons, but I don't think I liked the way it worked and the way you had to assign beds to sims. Like, iirc, in poorer households when sims had to sleep in shifts, basically sharing a bed, it didn't work so well. Again, iirc, sims basically refused to sleep in a bed that wasn't theirs and I found it too restrictive. Don't ask me why I was playing this way or using the mod in such a way it clearly wasn't intended--totally don't remember anymore, but there ya go.

I have since moved on to Simler90's mod, and I like that a lot; it has the flexibility I need. With it, sims know which bed is theirs but availability is taken into account. I don't have to do anything except direct a sim to sleep in a bed either. (Was smart beds the sleep mod that had you assign beds via a clock or something? Maybe that was a pescado mod...) The only real hiccup for me with Simler90's mod is that you do have to make roommates selectable and make them use their bed at least once, otherwise they tended to sleep anywhere but a bed, let alone their own bed. But I play with the pets cheat on now, so this is usually not a problem. But I have to say that I am usually open to seeing which mod performs better in my game/gives me better features.

As for your other part of the mod, I'm a little interested in reading more about it at least. Personally, I don't like sleep callers--I guess I just prefer to direct sims myself because inevitably I'll want them to do something when the mod is trying to tell them it's bedtime. So it kinda defeats the purpose of the mod if I'm just going to ignore it anyway. I preferred to use Cyjon's More Sleep, which lets you direct a sim to go to sleep anytime at night, even if the energy bar was too high. But it stopped working in my folder and idk why; it must be conflicting with something, but the HDCU didn't show anything and I haven't sat down to troubleshoot it.

So, long story short: I would be open to trying your versions of mods because I haven't found a combo that is 100% satisfying yet.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
just a girl
#12220 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 4:24 PM
Thank you all!
I completely forgot about Simler's mod. It looks good from the description, probably better then mine.

As for your other part of the mod, I'm a little interested in reading more about it at least.

This I remember well - I was so fed up by sims going to bed at 7-8 pm that I had to restrict it so that they don't go to sleep before 10 pm unless really-really tired.

I haven't found a combo that is 100% satisfying yet.

So, if I understand you, the Simler's mod is fine except for how you assign beds by directing sims to sleep in them. How else would you do it?
Alchemist
#12221 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 6:12 PM
Well, normally that's not a problem/I prefer that. But for unselectables, it just seems like there should be another way. I don't have guests too often--like BV vacation guests--but I do use apartments every now and then and the roommates are just incompetent. At least, that's what I remember, can't say I tested with later updates. While I am currently using one of the later updates, I haven't played an apartment in a while because I haven't been playing regularly.

But I digress. I suppose ideally the mod would make the roomie check if a bed is "free" or has no relationship with any other household member, and if not, use it. The times I remember, roommates would rather sleep on benches outside or in the hallway sitting chairs than use the bed in the spare room that I put out for them.

I don't really know how to combat that; I also use Inge's apartment signs, so roommates did need to sleep and eat, etc. Maybe that combination, or another one, made me experience some weird behavior, idk. I just remember being annoyed that these roommates were sleeping in weird places instead of beds and it took me the longest time to figure out I might need to select them and direct them to sleep, at least once, as I hadn't really played apartments with the pets cheats on before then. I usually left them to their own devices. Also, I didn't really experience this behavior with dormies--they for the most part acted normal. I don't have any mods for dormie behavior, though, so again, it could be the combo of Inge's and Simler90's mods that led to the results I was seeing. Or it could be that roommates are coded differently. Not sure which.

And then, now that I'm talking/thinking about it, it might not be the mod's issue at all, but rather the game's issue with napping. Another issue I see, when I pay attention, is that sims have a tendency to nap ALL the time, and often prefer it to going to bed. Idk why; it doesn't really make sense, and I haven't found a mod that actually quashes naps. Idk, maybe I had a conflict or something but whenever I tried a No Nap mod, it pretty much did nothing. Now, with Simler90's mod, I had thought I had seen a reduction in this behavior among playables, so maybe it's just that roommates have different checks/process things differently? But it's hard to say, as when I was trying all this out, it was a couple of years ago now and I didn't do extensive, serious testing. Rather I just made some observations during regular play.

If I had to put my wishes in for a new mod, well, I think napping is pretty useless so I'd probably like a sleep mod that takes that into account. So, when a sim considers napping, they go to bed instead. Or, they're allowed to nap unless it's after 8 pm or something, and then, yeah, they're pushed to go to bed instead. Idk, does that all make sense?

just a girl
#12222 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 7:29 PM
It does make sense, yes. I guess, there's no point for you to try my version. If anything, you'll see even more napping. Might be better to modify Simler's mod a little bit.

I can see how this rule:
Quote:
- Sims will be less likely to sleep in a bed if it is daytime and if their energy motive is above -75. If the sim is a vampire, then they will be less likely to sleep in a bed if it is night time and if their energy motive is above -75. In this situation, sims will be more likely to nap, or drink hot beverages and so on.

will promote late napping if a sim isn't tired enough, even if it's midnight. And it's easy to fix. I don't know if Simler takes suggestions, though.
Alchemist
#12223 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 4:08 PM
The bed discussion reminded me of something I've wanted forever. I want to be able to set the comfort and energy of every bed individually. In real life, beds are comfortable because of mattresses, not the frame. It would be nice to upgrade (or downgrade) a bed, simulating a new mattress purchase. If a modder could figure out how to do it, I'd put in the work to make it. I even thought about making a bunch of decorative bed frames, but that would be such a pain.
just a girl
#12224 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 4:29 PM
Yeah, that would be great. A few years ago I thought it'd be a good idea to separate bed frames from matrasses, like they do in the Sims 4. I even started doing it, but it's a big project (which I abandoned) and might not even be the best solution. For one, it'll probably mess up woohoo cutscene.
Forum Resident
#12225 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
The bed discussion reminded me of something I've wanted forever. I want to be able to set the comfort and energy of every bed individually. In real life, beds are comfortable because of mattresses, not the frame. It would be nice to upgrade (or downgrade) a bed, simulating a new mattress purchase. If a modder could figure out how to do it, I'd put in the work to make it. I even thought about making a bunch of decorative bed frames, but that would be such a pain.

Agreed, it might seem a bit cheaty, but definitely would be put to good use. I hate when I find a bed I really like for my Sims, only to find the Energy/Comfort score is bad. I don't mind giving bad beds to poorer Sims, but when I find a bed frame style I really like, I'd like to be able to bump it up a bit for my Sims that can afford the better mattress!

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Page 489 of 576