Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 2:09 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 9:07 PM.
Default The Alien Savior Challenge!
Hello! Welcome to the Alien Savior Challenge! This is my first challenge and it has been tested and is indeed, very very fun! I based this off a similiar challenge on the TS3 forums, I forget the name But I tried that too and it was indeed fun.

Backstory (well this is an idea anyway. Feel free to make your own): Your sim is opening your mailbox one fine day when they spot a mint-green letter. Your sim takes your mail, places the bills, postcards, etc, on the coffee table and pick up the interesting green note. The envelope is very, very lightweight-- if you let go of it, it might remain floating. There is no return address. Your hero opens the envelope to reveal a paper of the same colour and material. Your hero takes it out and it appears to be a piece of paper with a piece of paper folded inside of it. Curiosity completely killing your hero, they unfold the paper to reveal not the same mint-green odd material but a page of notebook paper. Your hero opens it up. On it is a very messy scrawl and it begins with Dear Journal. It is a plea for help, claiming that aliens have taken over [insert town name here] and they need a saviour. Suddenly your hero realizes, that's the town they used to live in as a small child, until things went totally berzerk and their family had to move out. Your hero decides to be that saviour, and start packing, keeping the note. They catch the next bus and stop a few miles away from [insert town name here]. On the way they see a small lot, hidden from others' views. It was a perfect hideout.

Objective: Save your childhood town by rescuing all human inhabitants and defeating the aliens once and for all.
Requirements: Base game, A new town, CtfG's 100% accuracy abduction telescope (mod) (or Tombstone of L&D to make alien pregnant), patience

Setting Up Your Town
Start with a fresh town, or a Downtown if you want to and have Nightlife, Shopping District for OfB, etc. Name it whatever, decorate to your liking and select which terrian you like, but make sure there's enough room for plenty of lots. Place residential lots (For the aliens to live in. You can use a premade one or build them if you like, take note however that this will take more time: and 1 for your hero, preferably "out of the way") and 1 "survival" community lot (this lot will contain groceries, clothes, etc etc, in order to help your sim survive). Fill the houses up with sims, 1-3 in each household. Make each inhabitant alien pregnant a few times, use the Tombstone of L&D to speed up their pregnancy, and let them give birth to alien babies. Use the Tombstone of L&D to age the aliens up. Each alien household can be whatever life stage you want them at, but there has to be at least 1 teen/adult. This alien family will control the humans that gave birth to them/whatever. If you want, have the aliens have alien babies. Do this for the whole town. It takes a while I know but it's worth it in the end. You must have at least 8 alien families and their Body skill has to be at at least 6. If you have Apartment Life you can place the families in apartments. The size of the apartment doesn't really matter seeing as you won't be playing the aliens anyway, but remember there has to be at least 1 human captive in the family. Memorize the captives' names and looks because they're the ones you're going to have to save. Townies don't count.

Hero Creation
Next create your hero. They can be male or female but they MUST be adult and you cannot make any others in the family (unless you want your hero to have a partner, but only ONE partner, and the partner MUST be an adult). Pick whichever looks, turn-ons (if you have Nightlife) and aspiration (Knowledge would probably be best, but it really doesn't matter) you want. Accept the family.

Move your hero(s) into a lot. The lot must be the smallest 2 (or is it 3?) lots and not near the alien civilization in an attempt to stay hidden.

Shelter Creation
Build a house. You can use money cheats but be sure to use familyfunds to drop the money to 1,000 simoleans (each sim, so 2,000 simoleans max) afterwards. Seeing as you're hiding away, a big, flashy mansion with a shiny car and signs pointing to the building saying, in big flashy print, "HUMAN SURVIVOR HERE!" is probably not the best idea (combined with lag, you're fucked). So try to go with something that blends in, i.e. an underground basement, a treehouse, a trailerhome, or an abandoned building. Cars are not allowed (all a matter of blending in) and the only exception for a taxi is if you don't have the expansion pack to walk on foot. Otherwise you cannot use a taxi seeing as aliens run it anyway.

Fire and burgular alarms are not allowed. Aliens are taking over and so the government is not available right now to those in the alien-possessed area, because they are scared to death of light sabers. Sprinklers (Uni) are not allowed until you banish the water restriction (you'll see it later). Gardens (Seasons) are not allowed until you banish that restriction (see below as well), and neither is fishing. Any instruments, which include the piano, and all instruments that came with Uni, are not allowed (aliens have ears and they can follow the music to find you!). Pools are allowed but they cannot be more than 8x8 tiles and there cannot be any pool lights. Inside the house there cannot be more than 1 light per room, that includes ceiling lights, wall lights, and table lights. Alarm clocks are not allowed as they generate loud beeping noises. There can be phones but only one in the whole house, and cell phones (Uni) are not allowed. The house cannot be more than 1 story so there shouldn't be a reason for staircases. TVs and computers are allowed but they must be the cheapest ones (you can use CC TVs and computers but they must be cheaper than the cheapest Maxis item) and no audio (radios, stereos, MP3 players that come with Uni) as they are considered electrical currents, and aliens are pretty damned good at spotting electrical things... and noise. Handheld video games (Uni) are not allowed as well. Excercise machines are highly recommended to gain Body skill if you're not going to use downloaded weapons to defeat the aliens. Other than those rules, build to your heart's content.

There are 3 things you need to do inorder to win the challenge:
1. Save the captives! If they wander on your residential lot, or go to a community lot you're going to, friend them up, do NOT use cheats to raise the relationship. Ask them to move in. Once they agree to move in, they must live in your sims' house for 3 sim days while a secret source you're working with prepares an escape for them. After the 3 days are up make them use the option "Find Own Place" via computer or newspaper. They will move to a different town, or in this case the family bin and you shan't worry about them any longer.
2. Defeat the aliens! Once all captives are saved, this is the next step in rescuing the town. You can use downloaded weapons to kill them, or use cheats to lower the relationship and select Fight > Attack. If your sim kicks the alien's butt in 2 tries, congratz, lower their Hunger motives or use hacks to kill them. Make sure your hero(s) is/are there to gain a death memory. If you lose once, however, use cheats to make your sim sick with the flu, and have them stay bedridden no matter what energry they're at until it's cured (no Scientists career reward medication maker allowed), only getting up to eat. If they get up to pee their pants, let them and then put them back in bed. Until you get the little pop-up saying they're cured should you let them out.
3. Lift any restrictions (you'll see them soon) to make the town human-adaptable again.
Once all those 3 are done, congratulations, the challenge has been beat. Replay, forget about the town and delete it, or make a story, in your head or shared, about life after the town has recovered from their alien trauma, and what has happened to your character.

Rules and Restrictions. They are both the same and both different. Restrictions can be lifted, rules cannot.

Rules
~After you have built your house, no money cheats are allowed.
~No motive cheats
~No Trying For Babies or adopting
~If you're at a community lot and an alien greets you, you must stay at your lot for 2 sim days. Yes, this includes work, you must skip work as well.
~If your sim or your partner sim dies, you lose the challenge.
~If you have the expansion pack that allows you to Walk On Foot, you must walk to work instead of taking the carpool. If you can't walk by foot, then taking the carpool is OK.
~When the welcome wagon comes, you MUST ignore it. Don't greet anyone and don't go outside or go anywhere until they all go away, even if there are no aliens and just captives/townies. If they're captives, the aliens have put tracking leashes on them to know about their whereabouts, and townies are most likely aliens in disguise. Like I said, ignore them.
~Delete the Tombstone of L&D once you're done with it so you're not tempted to use it or accidentally click it and select something bad.
~Pose boxes are allowed if you enjoy watching your sims pose or use this challenge for stories
~No freestyling for tips or performing music for tips (Uni)
~No digging for treasure

Restrictions
Extra rules that make your life even harder. You're welcome! :D
Contaminated Water: To be able to live on earth, aliens have implanted special algae from outer space in the town's water supply which can be fatal to humans. You cannot shower, take a bath, wash your hands/get a drink of water/brush your teeth (you can have showers/baths but make sure they are blocked until the restriction is lifted), use the sprinkler, go fishing (Seasons), or go in the ocean until this restriction is lifted. Washing dishes in sinks are fine because your sim is considered to wear waterproof gloves while washing, and pools and hottubs are OK to go in because of the chlorine. If you must do one of the above that aren't allowed, use cheats to give your sim the flu. To lift this restriction, reach the top of the Science career.
Soil from Mars: The aliens have dug out the human soil and put on a layer of soil from Mars, which is proven to grow food faster (not kidding, look it up) and apparently suit the aliens' liking. You cannot eat harvested fruit/vegetables (Seasons), use the Dirt terrain on your lot, place trees or flowers on your lot, pull weeds, go outside barefooted, or Watch Clouds/Stargaze until this restriction is lifted. If you must do one of the above, use cheats to give your sim the flu. To lift this restriction reach the top of the Slacker career (Slacker because the career reward is the AquaGreen Hydroponic Garden and that has to do ith gardening).
Space Food: The aliens have burned most human food which is fatal to them and replaced it with space food, which humans cannot eat unless they want to face the consenquences. For Breakfast, you can only eat cereal. For Lunch, you can only eat either TV Dinners or Lunch Meat Sandwiches (sammiches. Sorry, I couldn't resist). For Dinner, you can only eat TV Dinners or Mac'N'Cheese. No Dessert, sorry sweettooth sims. No Snacks either. Also no custom foods if you have any. You also cannot eat at restaurants (no matter what the food is) if you have Nightlife and cannot have leftovers. If you leave a spoiled dish out for more than 1 sim hour give your sim or both sims food poisoning. If you eat anything you're not supposed to, use cheats to give your sim food poisoning. To lift this restriction, reach the top of the Culinary career.
Shut-down Service: Services are either closed down or controlled by aliens, so no services are allowed. No fire department, police, ordering pizza/takeout/groceries (you must go to the survival community lot to buy your groceries, or purchase a new fridge), maid service, nannies (like you need them), adoption service (which is not allowed anyway), gardener (which I doubt you'll need anyway as well, seeing as you're more focused on surviving than watering your pretty little tulips), the exterminator, or matchmaker (Nightlife and again, not nessecary and quite dangerous as she could spawn an alien). There shouldn't be anything making you hire something, but if you must order a pizza or something because your sims are about to die, give them food poisoning once they're done eating it, and clean up the remainder (only 1 slice of pizza/1 box of takeout per sim, so 2 each max if you have 2 sims). To lift this restriction reach the top of the Law Enforcement career. Remember that when you lift this restriction, if you do, pizza/takeout is safe to eat as well (ordered food has nothing to do with the Space Food restriction) and you can put alarms in your home, etc.
Shiny Stuff: The aliens have taken the best for themselves and left the humans with nothing. You cannot buy something that is more than 2,500 simoleans in the catalouge, no matter how many simoleans are in your family funds. For example if a fridge is 1,000 simoleans but another is 3,000 you must buy the 1,000 simolean fridge. Anything in Build Mode doesn't count (except for fireplaces and columns), this is only for Buy Mode. There shouldn't be anything stopping you from overpaying seeing as if you accidentally buy something over 2,000 simoleans you can easily sell it. To lift this restriction, reach the top of the Criminal career.
Work-out Wrongdoings: Aliens have found a way to remove most gravity from the town. Your sim stays on the ground but they will remain weak because there is no pressure pushing down on their bones thus making them very brittle (this is true in space-- if astronauts don't work out a LOT before going into space, by the time they come back their bones could snap). You cannot gain more than 3 Body skill points unless in the Athletic career. This will not help when it comes to defeating the aliens if you're not going to use weapons. If your sim accidentally gains an extra body skill and is not in the Athletic career use boolProp testingcheatsenabled true to lower it back down to 3. To lift this restriction reach the top of the Athletic career.
I will probably add more restrictions soon.

Scoring
If you play for points.
Positive Points
Every captive saved: +20
Every captive released: +10
Each promotion: +25
Career to the top: +50
Each restriction lifted: +40
Each skill point learned: +5
Beat the challenge: +100
Shared story on here or on TheSims2.com: +200
Post on this thread for the first time: +5 (any other times don't count)
Negative Points
Every captive died (while in your household): -30
Each demotion: -25
Fired from career: -50
Each restriction broken: -10 (plus the consenquense listed on the restriction)
Each rule broken: -50
Each skill point lost: -5
Each time abducted by aliens: -20
Give birth to alien baby by being abducted: -70
Partner (if you have one) dies: -60
When your sim ages from adult to elder: -50
Lose the challenge: Lose all points, either start it over or forget about it and move on with life.
Ranking
0-90 points: Nothing. You sucked. Go cry to mummy.
91-200 points: Bronze medal
201-350 points: Silver medal
351-500 points: Gold medal
501+: Platinum medal

Questions & Answers
Q: There are several restrictions which require jobs to beat and I only have 1-2 sims.
A: Each time you reach the top of a career, you must quit your job and move onto whichever next one you like. This way you can lift all restrictions.

Q: How can I lower my family funds?
A: Familyfunds cheat, or, buy a bunch of expensive TVs and use boolProp to Force Error and then delete. You won't get your money back that way.

Q: What shampoo do you use?
A: I use a citrusy one that smells quite yummy... wait, what's this have to do with aliens?

I hope you enjoy the challenge! Cheers (though I'm sure I'm not British, lol)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:58 PM
its a really cool challenge.im gonna start it when i have time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 7:53 AM
How did it go gaga?

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 8:27 AM
Can my Sims use Aspiration Rewards?

Hey there! :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
Can my Sims use Aspiration Rewards?

Yes, but please no Money Tree, SimVac, or Genuine Buck's Famous Counterfeiting Machine.

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 2:49 PM
This looks like an awesome challenge! I'll start doing it right away!
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 7:06 PM
This looks really cool! I'm going to try it and see how things go! A few questions though-

Are they allowed to use elixar to extend their lifespan?
How many aliens should be in each family?
Where can I download a weapon that works w/o winzip?