Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 1:37 AM
Default Fantasy Races Mod [Testing / Feedback needed]
I shared this for testing purposes before but realized I probably should have posted here instead so here we go. The purpose of this mod is to add various fantasy races to the game (some inspired by greek mythology, others by D&D, and others are just weird). Here's the description I'd given it.

Fantasy Races as Gameplay traits~
I wanted to make elves after reading way too many Drizzt books, as well as some fantasy interests of mine I'd spent way too much time looking into on tvtropes. They aren't necessarily going to be faithful to anything, in part because the bonuses have to be relevant to the Sims universe for there to even be a point to this. Researching what the rules for elves even are lead to me deciding to just include the 8 races I'm aware of on that universe, on top of the ones I wanted for myself anyway. There's still a requested extra fantasy race I'm working on, as well as a Gargoyle that's not functional at all so if you see any traces of it in-game please refrain from screaming and stay calm, the bad stone skin overlay can't hurt you (it does hurt my soul, though).

Each race/species has their own bonuses as well as an aging setting, which usually manifests as either weekly age loot that will either decrease or increase their current age progress depending on the chosen race, or as a custom bonus that may need to manually be triggered. If you've been following my slightly depressing saga of age modifier rants, you'll understand it had to be implemented this way for it to (mostly) work.

The fantasy races/species included, as well as their special characteristics, can be found within the spoiler.

Of course, I might add more things to this over time. I'm not really into social interactions (if you want social interactions for D&D stuff, get Emoria's MTS mods), but mostly in the case of additional bonuses and perhaps even drawbacks to each selection of a fantasy race.

Keep in mind that they conflict with each other, so you can pick one and only one.

Since this is still unfinished, there isn't currently an inheritance system or even in-game method to choose your fantasy race yet (send help i suck at trait pickers), so ye gonna have to cheat

traits.equip_trait baniduhaine_Dragonborn
traits.equip_trait baniduhaine_Dryad
traits.equip_trait baniduhaine_Dwarf
traits.equip_trait baniduhaine_Elf
traits.equip_trait baniduhaine_FairFolk
traits.equip_trait baniduhaine_Gnome
traits.equip_trait baniduhaine_halfElf
traits.equip_trait baniduhaine_Halfling
traits.equip_trait baniduhaine_halfOrc
traits.equip_trait baniduhaine_Naiad
traits.equip_trait baniduhaine_Ogre
traits.equip_trait baniduhaine_Oread
traits.equip_trait baniduhaine_Tiefling

I once again emphasize that this is still in its experimental phase, so if you choose to try this mod out, handle with care and please inform me of any bugs

I mostly need testing for the long-term stability of the aging system, as some of them could live for 700+ days and I realistically can't test entirely lifespans on my own. Any other feedback would be deeply appreciated.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 9:51 PM
I was wondering if there was any progress on this?