Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 4:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Origin's acting up again
It's that time of year again. Origin's acting up and it's like 5AM so who the fuck knows what my password is. I thought it'd remember it for me.

This shit is getting old. I bought TS3 so I can play it, not so I can't. Now I'd love to pop the disk into the DVD drive I somehow still have in my PC but I don't think it'd take it. Can I instead get a clean EXE or some patched DLLs or something that'll bypass this bullshit? Or like a crack or whatever?

No, wait, I can't ask for that here can I? Never mind. Forget I asked. I just wanna play for fuck's sake. Does anyone know my Origin password?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 11:14 AM
Isn't there a button to click when you forget your password and they send it to you via email? Like other places?
/shrug

https://www.originbroadband.com/hel...portal-password
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 4:11 PM
I don't remember posting this at all. Huh.

Also I'm pretty sure I've ended up on that website before.....double check your link.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
I don't remember posting this at all. Huh.

Also I'm pretty sure I've ended up on that website before.....double check your link.

Maybe you're drunk
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 11:49 PM
I was. Among other things.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 1:49 AM
If it's any consolation, I once wasted more time than I care to admit trying to login to the "Steam" portal of my local utility company -- this is an energy option they offer in some areas, but not where I live and they had the audacity to give it the same name as the site that hosts the game platform I use much like the above "Origin" ISP that has nothing to do with EA's Origin. And I was not drunk at the time, or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 1:59 AM
Anyway, I appear to have been able to fix the problem by mashing the "Forgot Password?" button a few times, finding out it doesn't work, doing it via their website instead and then immediately forgetting my new password.

Worry not for I thought long and hard about it this morning, err, early afternoon and was eventually able to figure out my new password by trying 4 or 5 variations of it, spelled differently. And now back to the disappointing laggy mess that is the smouldering remains of my TS3.

insert signature here
Instructor
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
If it's any consolation, I once wasted more time than I care to admit trying to login to the "Steam" portal of my local utility company -- this is an energy option they offer in some areas, but not where I live and they had the audacity to give it the same name as the site that hosts the game platform I use much like the above "Origin" ISP that has nothing to do with EA's Origin. And I was not drunk at the time, or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Had you had your coffee yet? Because I function better a little tipsy then sans coffee..... c[_]~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
Had you had your coffee yet? Because I function better a little tipsy then sans coffee..... c[_]~

Possibly not, but on that day I think I was distracted by something else other than lack of coffee and wasn't really paying full attention to what I was doing.