Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 6:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 not responding after install any sims3pack
Hello there,
My game keeps not responding after luancher, after installing any sim3pack.My game used to work fine with those packs.I used custard to check if any of them but non is corrupted.Package files are fine as well.I deleted sims 3 folder from documents and starts fine but it stops working. after trying sim3packs again.Any idea how to fix this?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pankaps
Hello there,
My game keeps not responding after luancher, after installing any sim3pack.My game used to work fine with those packs.I used custard to check if any of them but non is corrupted.Package files are fine as well.I deleted sims 3 folder from documents and starts fine but it stops working. after trying sim3packs again.Any idea how to fix this?

I avoid sims3packs. You can try using Multipack Installer to convert them to .packages, and seeing if the package files work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 4:45 PM
II try install them with Multipack Installer but the result is the same.
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 6:25 PM
well, you said that you could successfully install package files, so what do you mean it didn't work with Delphy's Sims3Pack Multi Extracter? To use the tool, simply following the guide.

1. Make a new folder (ie Delphy's Sims3Pack Multi-Extracter)
2. Unzip the program to the said folder.
3. Create two new folders inside the folder as #1, one named it to Sims3Pack, and another to Packages.
4. Copy your sims3pack files to Sims3Pack folder, open the program, select browse and locate the Sims3Pack folder. Then browse and select Packages as a destination where the program wants to convert.
5. Click install.
6. Open the Packages folder, you will see the newly converted custom contents in random numbers (you can rename if you like). Copy your package files and paste them to your Mods folder.
7. Test if it works.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 8:41 PM
I followed the exact steps you mentioned but game stops responding after this.
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 12:33 AM
well, check your DCCache folder and delete all .tmp files if you find any. And if it doesn't work either, all I can suspect is you were trying to install outdated sims3pack.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 4:14 AM
Well those files used to work and also checked them with custard and are not corrupted.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 10:42 PM Last edited by pankaps : 11th Jul 2022 at 3:27 AM.
I finaly fixed my game.It was some files in saved sims folder that cam from a couple of corrupted sim3packs that i didn't notice.I installed all other sim3packs one by one, i also deleted all files in dowloads folder after install and it worked.I used the 50/50 method you mentioned , found the issue and fixed.Thanks a lot for your help guys.I cound't fix without your help , i was searching solution for 1 week.Thanks again. :lovestruc