Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 1:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Have you ever seen glitch like this?
Hi everyone ... I really dont know what to do, so I´ve decided to also write here.

I was playing Caliente family, as you can see on a picture...or better say,can't see their house.
There was Beau Broke on visit. After he left, I saved game before I went to neighborhood (because a few times game crushed during saving after pressed neighborhood. Game saved and unfortunately crushed.
And when I turned game in again, this happened
Can't even play Don Lothario house, because as you can see, that head is still there.
I can't even open F2 (buildings) because my game directly crushed
I can open it in any other neighborhood even in Pleasantview's Downtown and Bluewater.
I have no idea what to do can you please help me?

At the 1st moment, it was also funny for me, but it's not anymore. I'm so sad.
Thank you for any advice ?❤️
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 2:29 PM
Uh-oh, looks like your lot impostors are messed up! Does this affect any other neighbourhoods? It does sound like your save failed and you have some data corruption. Do you have a backup?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MichelleBergling
Hi everyone ... I really dont know what to do, so I´ve decided to also write here.

I was playing Caliente family, as you can see on a picture...or better say,can't see their house.
There was Beau Broke on visit. After he left, I saved game before I went to neighborhood (because a few times game crushed during saving after pressed neighborhood. Game saved and unfortunately crushed.
And when I turned game in again, this happened
Can't even play Don Lothario house, because as you can see, that head is still there.
I can't even open F2 (buildings) because my game directly crushed
I can open it in any other neighborhood even in Pleasantview's Downtown and Bluewater.
I have no idea what to do can you please help me?

At the 1st moment, it was also funny for me, but it's not anymore. I'm so sad.
Thank you for any advice ?❤️

This looks exactly like what I had a few years ago on a crummy AMD graphic card. The only thing that solved my issue was buying a new Nvidea card. And it was to do with how much CC I put in. If I put in more than 3 gigs it would have trouble saving and produce that.

https://modthesims.info/showthread....542#post5378542

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Uh-oh, looks like your lot impostors are messed up! Does this affect any other neighbourhoods? It does sound like your save failed and you have some data corruption. Do you have a backup?

1st time writing something on MTS so I hope I replied correctly.
No, only Pleasantview.
Everything else is okay.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
This looks exactly like what I had a few years ago on a crummy AMD graphic card. The only thing that solved my issue was buying a new Nvidea card. And it was to do with how much CC I put in. If I put in more than 3 gigs it would have trouble saving and produce that.

https://modthesims.info/showthread....542#post5378542

Well I have got a lot of the downloads there, and never happened to me. I'm also thinking about buying a new pc,because this one is 7yo.
Thanks God I saved whole building into F2, so I have to find out how to put it into pc and then to another ? but I'm a bit sad of this. I wanted to move house if the Calientes,however when I press F2 in Pleasantview, my game directly crush
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 11:39 PM
I've only seen a graphical glitch anything like that on my older Windows XP laptop and not on my current ten year old laptop though this one is ten years old now and I've kept it from running junk in the back gound for most of the time I had it so it's running almost like it's brand new.I hope to keep this one like that for a long while.
That time I got a similar glich was only in one of my towns and it was because it failed to save correctly and it sounds like that might've been your issue and it sounds like your computer might've been trying to run far too many things in the backgound when your game was running unlike what happens with mine unless I forget to switch modes before loading my game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ralna
I think we had the last hot days for this year at the beginning of this week.
Regarding the crashing: Don't give up. Maybe you just have to change a little detail and the problems are gone again. I finally managed to get Sims 2 to run on my new notebook after 4.5 months (it had not been a too big problem as my old notebook still is okay) without crashes or having pink flashing directly when loading the game.

Monty Ranch
The dressers and the "head part" of the bed look fine.
I do not think that Patrizio and Isabella would have a telephone in their bedroom. In the past, people only had one landline telephone in the house and it usually was placed in a relative central place (often even in the hallway on a special sideboard - sometimes in combination with a wardrobe). That way people could hear the telephone from all rooms and reach it within a reasonable amount of time. I do not think that Patrizio and Isabella had a telephone connection added to their bedroom at a later point. It also was frowned upon to call people at very early or late hours except in case of an emergency. Patrizio and Isabella definitely have the right age to think that way. That is why I cannot imagine them to have a phone in the bedroom.
I also think that the radio does not fit into their bedroom. Patrizio and Isabella had a strenuous life and I am quite sure that they stood up early in the morning and were busy on other lots or in other parts of the house until they went to bed in the evening. There simply was no time to listen to music in the bedroom. Therefore, I would rather place the radio in another room of the house (or even in several rooms as people did not carry them around). It was popular to have a radio in the kitchen because women back then spent a lot more time on cooking than people (usually) do today. For the bedroom, I think that alarm clocks should be the only electric devices. If you want to, there could be a clock radio, but it would only play music for a few minutes every morning.

The living room also needs some changes, I think. The sofas should be the main part of the living room. It feels strange that they are just in one corner of the living room. There also should be more seats available - usually you also buy one or a few living room chairs along with the sofas. Claudio and Olivia died not that long ago and you mentioned that Bianca is supposed to live with her parents which means that you need at least place for eight people, maybe even for ten as I can imagine that Antonio and Hero also lived in the house for a while after their marriage before they had children. Maybe you can place the Schrankwand on the same wall as the book shelves and have book shelves on both sides of the Schrankwand as an extension of it so that (almost) the whole wall is covered? I am not sure how to best place the furniture in the room to make it look and feel more cosy. Converted into real dimensions, this room would be almost 40 square meters while most living rooms that I saw are 15-25 square meters. Maybe it might make sense to split up the room in two?
A symmetrical Schrankwand definitely would look better. Maybe with the new shift anything hack, you can place the video recorder beneath the TV?

Carpet: I do not think that carpet makes sense for a house in that style and I also do not think that it would have been Patrizio and Isabella's choice as I assume that carpet floors are less common in warmer countries (even though the houses there sometimes are cooler during winter if they do not have a heating).

School: I would go for three classes per grade. 500 pupils in 6 grades means that there are about 83 pupils per grade so that each class would have about 28 pupils.

Spießer: I do not think that the playfulness has to be expressed in every single aspect of your life. I assume that the mother cares a lot about not giving people a reason to gossip about her and her family so that she would be a bit offish with people that she does not know too well. Jokes only might be an option amongst people that she knows very well and whom she trusts completely. I rather can imagine that she e.g. likes boardgame afternoons/evenings with her family or also with close friends. That way she has ocasions when she can act on her playfulness, but in a controlled way that does not contradict with being a Spießerin.

@ralna I think you meant this reply for a different thread.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~