Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 7:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Extracting Current Family from Corrupted Save?
Hello! So ive been posting recently about my game not working and i finally was able to fix it thanks to the help i received, however it appears to have corrupted many of my saves including a save file with every custom sim ive been working on ( sims i make through requests and donations ) but somehow when i was fixing my game, my saves no longer allow me to load into them. Ex: Load a save, it gets in and it starts loading but once the bar goes fully green indicating its about to load you in, the game fully closes and crashes.

Is there a way i can extract the family i was playing last in that save without having to load into it?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 11:18 PM
Did you save them to your bin when you were in edit town at any point?
If you did they should be in your Library Folder
Inventor
#4 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
hmm never tried it but theoretically you can extra the sim file from the nhd with S3PE

How would you do this? I'm super curious. I just opened a previous save NHD with S3PE and I don't see any Simo/Snap or any of those things I see when I open a world..Which makes me wonder if I take another world and just remove the files for the townies and put my own in (when I'm altering a world) if the families in the houses are packed differently. So I'm curious how you find this data in the NHD.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 4:06 PM
SIME (export) are found in TravelDB, SIMO (outfit) are in the export packages of each world visited and SNAP's are in the NHD. EA does not to make anything easy to find. I personally have not found a tool to look inside of the SIME files, to know which Sim you are looking at. TravelDB opens with s3pe, but either I don't have the wrapper set up correctly, or there isn't one to open a SIME?

IF you are making Sims that you share (requests and donations), how did you share them? They should all be found in Export folder, as sims3pack. I usually save my customized Sims to the bin while in CAS, and those show in both CAS and world edit.
Inventor
#6 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
SIME (export) are found in TravelDB, SIMO (outfit) are in the export packages of each world visited and SNAP's are in the NHD. EA does not to make anything easy to find. I personally have not found a tool to look inside of the SIME files, to know which Sim you are looking at. TravelDB opens with s3pe, but either I don't have the wrapper set up correctly, or there isn't one to open a SIME?

IF you are making Sims that you share (requests and donations), how did you share them? They should all be found in Export folder, as sims3pack. I usually save my customized Sims to the bin while in CAS, and those show in both CAS and world edit.

Excellent thanks for the information. They do not make anything easy at all. I just more recently stuck my fingers in CAW and messing around with some worlds I have wanted to make changes to and this had me curious if it was to find families in a save. I usually export them to my bin and library so I can import them in EIG in CAW.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 12:22 PM
I didn't save them to the bin sadly

Ill look into trying to do it with s3pe!

Thank u all for the help! Im currently just trying to find .sim files to see if i can restore them that way
Forum Resident
#10 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
Excellent thanks for the information. They do not make anything easy at all. I just more recently stuck my fingers in CAW and messing around with some worlds I have wanted to make changes to and this had me curious if it was to find families in a save. I usually export them to my bin and library so I can import them in EIG in CAW.

I looked at that as well. Determined that CAW is not my friend! Recently on LL, someone discussed taking a Sim on vacation to a world, do not play, making changes to townies and lots, delete that Sim, Nraas total rest and save. Then separate the NHD from that save, put it in a folder to store it... Then, just drop the NHD into whatever save you are playing, and go there. I have sort of gotten it to work, but my Sim still knew everyone, so I guess switch households and use some random NPC as the travel Sim.

I also have perhaps 300 saved Sims in my bin. No, I am NOT accessive!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sadurino
I didn't save them to the bin sadly

Ill look into trying to do it with s3pe!

Thank u all for the help! Im currently just trying to find .sim files to see if i can restore them that way

Out of curiosity, did you delete all of your old saves in that series? Or the other no-no, which is to constantly overwrite saves, instead of using "save as"???

Deleting is the worst thing. If you have an older save, or even one that says .backup, you can just remove ".backup" from that save to make it current and accessible. Maybe you can pull you family from an older save?

In town edit mode, you can save the entire family to bin, with all changes made to the point of that save. Nraas Porter can save the family, and retain relationships.

I always save a Sim to bin if I like him or her. I remade many townies, and when I travel, will replace them as my Sims meet them.