Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 9:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Replacing N001 with backup corrupts subhoods and Where is Bluewater (subhoods) folder located in My Documents???
I have been googling and I cannot find the answer to my question. I backed up my N001 (Pleasantview) in case I wanted to redo a family if I saved after something I didnt want happen. I want to delete N001 and replace it with the backup, BUT last time it CORRUPTED and kept the same Bluewater and other subhoods that were in the previous N001 that I didn't want. And then when I tried making a new Pleasantview and when I made a new Bluewater and it kept the old one from the N001 I had deleted, it caused missing lots and duplicate sims in the whole subhood. Why is it doing that??? I cannot find the answer any where. I just want to replace N001 ALONG WITH Bluewater, Downtown etc, entirely. But I cannot find B001, other subhoods etc, IN the N001 folder in My Documents... Why is B001, etc not in the N001 folder in My Documents... Where is it then... How do I solve this so that I can replace my NHoods with my backups incase I accidentally save after something goes wrong?

Maybe that sounded complicated. What I want to do is, I had backed up my N001 in My Documents/EA Games/TS2, and I want to put the backup in the nhood folder, but I am afraid that Bluewater ,etc will get corrupted again. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, if I backed up N001, if I delete the one in the main nhoods folder, and copy the backup N001 there, will Bluewater, Downtown, etc go with it? XD

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 9:47 PM
The full hood with subhoods and all should be in the N001 folder once they've been created. They're not saved the same way in the saved game as in the install folder. They'll save as just a file and a thumbnail, for instance "N001_University001" if it's a Uni hood, or "N001_Downtown001" for downtown, in the main N001 folder. Sims and lots should save in the Characters and Lots folder with everything else.

Make sure you fully remove the folder you want to replace, then copy&paste the folder from the backup into the same spot.

DO NOT let any folders overwrite. If you do, that's when you can get corruption and mixed old/new hoods or other issues going, because the overwriting process only overwrites identical files and pastes in non-identical files (or doesn't change some of them if you choose "don't replpace files") - either way, it creates a big mess.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 9:52 PM

Oh right, last time I had accidentally not deleted N001 and then copied the backup and that's what caused the corruption. I wanted to make sure that if I copy my back up this time after deleting N001 that all the subhoods will carry over. Thanks