Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 7:05 PM Last edited by justJones : 17th Jan 2015 at 7:30 PM.
Default Differences in the Family Tree Adaptation for Sims 4
I have always loved challenges for the Sims and since my computer is nearly unusable due to a virus, I decided to start attempting to adapt the Differences in the Family Tree Challenge for the Sims 4. Some of this is mine, but I have borrowed heavily from here and here . It is not fully complete (or tested), but I thought I'd share for input/giggles.

Starting Out:

Create a character and move them to whatever housing you want. (One that is more isolated and a smaller lot is preferred). You may or may not move the heir out and start on a fresh lot when they reach young adult, it's up to you unless specified otherwise.

General Rules:

Have Fun
No cheats
Third party content is allowed
Choose the heir based on whatever method you prefer, unless their are traits required for that generation

Generation One:

"I always wanted to be a farmer. There is a tradition of that in my family. "

Your family was always into the farming deal. They spent their days working hard and asked for their children to do the same. So when you turned 18, your parents surprised you with your own plot of land to continue on tradition. And having always been one to want to impress the folks. You begin creating your own small garden, dedicating your time to that rather than dealing with a dreadful 9-to-5 suit and tie job.

Objectives:
Have one of the “Nature” aspirations
Do not get a job. You are to live off the land.
Grow a garden with every type of plant
Get married to a sim with the trait “Loves the Outdoors”, no woohoo before marriage
Have both a boy and girl, NO adoption
Master Garden Skill

Optional Objectives:
Have spouse master Fishing Skill
Catch every kind of fish

Generation 2

"I was expected to be a farmer like my father and siblings. I broke tradition. It was great."

Life with your hands in the dirt wasn't the life for you. You always craved to spend your time in the city and always loved the bright city lights. You crave for more exciting things then seeing seeds sprout into plants or the days your father spent fishing, as they didn't interest you as much as your siblings. Rather, you wanted everyone’s eyes on you and your guitar is your way out. You decide not to follow the road of a farmer, but turn to the stage instead and your adoring fans.

Objectives:
Get to level 10 of the Musician branch of the Entertainer career
Get to level 10 of the Charisma skill
Get married to a “bandmate” - a sim who has either the Music lover or Creative traits, woohoo, and have at least one child
Make fifty thousand simolans in family funds by death
Have a popularity or money aspiration

Optional Objectives:
Become enemies with either/both your father and mother by the time you join you career. You turned your back on their lifestyle, didn’t you?
Play for tips at all community lots
Have an affair with a “groupie” i.e. someone that has tipped you, and have a child with this sim. Bring child into family and make this your heir.
Never become good friends with any of your children - They aren’t your focus

Generation 3

Your parents never seemed to be around, out on the town rather than at home. When they were home, it was all about them. Because of this dysfunction, you look for love in all the wrong places.

Objectives:
- Have Serial Romantic aspiration (Soulmate?)
Kiss 6 sims
Have at least two boy/girlfriends as a teen
Get married, have children
Divorce twice

Optional Objectives:
Go on 10 “Gold” dates
Cheat on your spouse(s)
Marry due to “accidental” pregnancy
Follow through promptly with all whims to break up, no exception

Generation 4

“I always dreamed of a white picket fence.” The revolving door of your home made a strong impact on you and you’ve sworn to break the cycle and have your white picket fence. Family means everything to you and you won’t allow your children to go through the same experience as you.

Objectives:
Get married and no woohoo before marriage
Only married once, no divorce no matter what.
One parent (ideally mother - white picket fence, remember?) must stay at home as a homemaker to see to the raising of children. The other parent is the breadwinner. - --They must have a “sensible” career.
No service sims - You wish to be the perfect mother/father and that means you do all the cleaning
Heir must switch between the two Family aspirations (Successful Lineage and Big Happy Family)
Have at least four children and see to it that they all max at least one skill before each age transition
Don’t have social worker take your children
Attend at least two of your children’s weddings

Optional Objectives:
Must have twins! Keep trying until you get them.
Adopt two children - They can count (or not! Up to you) to the four children requirement
Help children with homework every night
Repeated Pattern - Marry a spouse with the trait “Serial Romantic” aspiration, but remained married no matter the tension

Generation 5

“There’s always a bad apple in the bunch.”

There was something about you. You were different than the others. Could it have been you were smothered by your parents, since they did have such high expectations of you, or you were just born that way. Either way, things are going to change around here. For an evil better…

Objectives:
Join the Criminal Career and reach level 10
Have either the evil,mean, or mischievous trait
Complete Public Enemy Aspiration (Requires that you be an Adult)
Master Athletic and Logic skills
Marry an evil/mischievous/mean sim (pick the one you did not choose)
Have only one child (you want the perfect child)

Optional Objectives
Perhaps your spouse is an evil genius - Have them in the science field
Have the insane trait

Generation 6

"I won't end up like you! I won't I won't."You were their perfect child. And you dislike it, even more so when you realized that your parents were criminals. Now you’ve sworn to take your parents down, no matter what.

Objectives:
Have the Good trait
Join the Secret Agent career, Diamond Branch and reach level 10
Max Logic and Fitness Skills
Become best friends with a sim with the Good trait - they are your “partner” in the fight against crime.
Fight and become enemies with both parents
Don’t marry before you are an adult

Optional Objectives
Have a child while you are a young adult
Get divorced - Your focus was the job, not your spouse and they are unhappy about that
Thoroughly “investigate” your love - know all their traits before initiating romantic interactions

Generation 7

Ever since you were little you had a fascination with the people whom worked hard for the good of the people like your parent. You couldn't help but want to marry someone that had those traits.

Objective:
Woohoo and have a child with a service sim - could be maid or pizza guy (pizza is a service, yo)
Maintain a Good Friend relationship with your parents
Be earning money as soon as possible - Get a part-time job as a teen (if possible, not sure) and/or sell some creation (painting, woodworking, etc)

And that would be what I've got thus far. Critique and suggestions appreciated!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 1:30 AM
I just wanted to tell you how much fun this challenge is! I used myself as founder and married a townie, so 'our' 2 kids are generation 2.
Instructor
#3 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 11:10 AM
Your computer is nearly unusable due to a virus? I'd get on that immediately. You don't want any infostealers or trojans ruining your system, or even worse, your personal data.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:15 PM
I never really liked challenges etc but this one looks super fun.. thanks for sharing

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Instructor
#5 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:07 PM
Ha! I started this without even knowing it! I made one sim (and mate for her that I put in the world and made her find/meet/woo/etc.) and made her a little house and made her "live off the land" with gardening, never getting a job. The guy is all nature too and has never had a job he fishes. They've both mastered their gardening or fishing and the first time they had kids it was a twin boy and girl! I'm still working on the "every type of plant" and "every type of fish" part but other than that I'm done with the first generation until their kids grow up! lol
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:33 AM
Having much fun with this challenge! My starter Joseph has already married a beautiful woman who loves outdoors as much as him. She was a difficult catch being a non-committal snob who didn't want to spend her life in a little poor farmhouse (i guess the outdoors she loved were golf course type).. but there is nothing stronger than love o so they say, and now they're parents of two lovely kids: Sarah and Jude.
So at this point I have a question, do we have to randomize their traits or choose them to fit the next goal? Or only choose their aspiration?
Man I wil be sad when Jude becomes enemies with their parents, they are so happy now >.<
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:37 AM
I like this! It takes you through so many scenarios! Definitely bookmarking this one for when I'm ready to start a challenge.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 10:22 PM
Love this idea. Maybe Gen 8 could be a sim who squanders away the fortune accumulated by the previous generations?
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Socii
Love this idea. Maybe Gen 8 could be a sim who squanders away the fortune accumulated by the previous generations?

Two thoughts:
1) That'd be great! I'm only on generation 4 in my legacy and they already have $1.8mil without any money cheats.
2) Good luck with that. As I just said, my legacy family has $1.8mil. I have tried to spend it and I just can't. The fact is, there just isn't enough ways to spend money right now. They don't have to buy their clothes/accessories, they don't have proper restaurants they can go to and spend way too much on dinner, they don't have arcades/movie theatres/spas/etc. to entertain themselves and blow their money. Really, the only way to make a dent in your money is to build the biggest gaudiest mansion and fill it with that Knight statue that's like $8000. Otherwise, you're just going to keep accumulating too much money. They could probably have 10 more generations that never work a day in their life, never sell any goods, never make any money in any way, and would still have money left over by then.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 10:38 AM
I moved this to challenges - I hope that is ok, it seems best suited to this section.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
Two thoughts:
1) That'd be great! I'm only on generation 4 in my legacy and they already have $1.8mil without any money cheats.
2) Good luck with that. As I just said, my legacy family has $1.8mil. I have tried to spend it and I just can't. The fact is, there just isn't enough ways to spend money right now. They don't have to buy their clothes/accessories, they don't have proper restaurants they can go to and spend way too much on dinner, they don't have arcades/movie theatres/spas/etc. to entertain themselves and blow their money. Really, the only way to make a dent in your money is to build the biggest gaudiest mansion and fill it with that Knight statue that's like $8000. Otherwise, you're just going to keep accumulating too much money. They could probably have 10 more generations that never work a day in their life, never sell any goods, never make any money in any way, and would still have money left over by then.

Shoot...I didn't think of that. Sims 4 lacks so many things ... I can't believe we can't even go shopping (properly/spending money) or to the movies anymore =(
Would it take too much time to donate a good chunk of money to charities?

I'm starting Generation 2 this weekend. Unfortunately, my Generation 1 ended short when my heir aged from teen to young adult in the same birthday
I've been taking pictures though so I may start a blog. Do you have one?

Also, to keep things interesting I've been giving myself points for completed objectives and taking points away for failed objectives (optional objectives just give me points if completed, but don't take any away if not completed).
I really love this challenge though! I get bored with standard legacies because I never set any goals for myself. I love the diversity in this.
I'll try and think up more generation challenges as I play x)
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 2:29 PM
I have to do this one
Forum Resident
#13 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 3:25 PM
How about these suggestions:

Generation 8 - Spiritualist/Lorekeeper
"I shall keep a record of the bloodline from the first ancestor down to the present, even if it kills me."
The heir of this generation wants to make sure their family never fades from history.
Writing aspiration, complete books of life for at least your parents/grandparents/children (Whichever are alive by that point).

Generation 9 - Journeyman
"Is there more beyond this world?"
This sim wants to explore any other realms that might be there.
Astronaut career, I guess.

In other news, I like this idea.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 12:50 AM
I'm wondering if I can (1st generation) also sell stuff I find/make? Or am I only to live of what I grow?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:45 PM
Gaaaleeee I Like This Challenge!! Starting It Now!!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 7:15 PM
This is great! I am doing the Sims 3 version of this challenge as well, and it's a lot of fun, so I'll definitely be going to try this version as well sometime soon!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 10:21 AM
In the first generation im having some trouble Everything is complete except the boy and girl part, because my sims keep having BOYS >.< I've had 5 boys so far without any luck of a girl. I was wondering if I can skip
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by youcrAzy
In the first generation im having some trouble Everything is complete except the boy and girl part, because my sims keep having BOYS >.< I've had 5 boys so far without any luck of a girl. I was wondering if I can skip

Ha! My sims have had 3 girls so far! Generation one may never end.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 1:56 AM
I'm editing this a bit to tailor it to my own desires and play style, but I think you could also do an insane generation (its part of the TS3 version).

Um, a bit of critique, just to help with maybe rounding out the edges of this challenge (I love it! I really do!)
Gen1 : "Grow a garden with every type of plant" For the UFO Plant you have to maximize Rocket Science and go into space for it. :/ Not really my bag of tea, also, I didn't have the money for it at ALL.
Gen2 : If they're a musician and what not then shouldn't they have a musical aspiration instead of popularity/money? And if they're all about being a rock star then maybe Charisma isn't the right skill, maybe an instrument would be preferable.
Gen3 : I never have my heir/ess decided by their teenage birthday, so "Have at least two boy/girlfriends as a teen" doesn't work for me. Usually I'm running an heir poll till they all age into adults which is when I end the poll.
Gen4 : Personally, as a Stay At Home Mom, I would edit '(ideally mother - white picket fence, remember?)" this out. Not out of offensiveness, but simply because though its a challenge I just don't like telling people what to do. :/ Um, but I also think that "Have at least four children and see to it that they all max at least one skill before each age transition" is a hard, hard goal, and so is "Attend at least two of your children’s weddings" because I move out the spares or move out the heirs and what not, so there are no weddings to attend.
Gen5 : I think you should seperate criminal from insane and make insane a completely new generation. (You can find my thoughts on that below)
Gen6 : "Have a child while you are a young adult / Don’t marry before you are an adult" I'm not saying don't do this, I'm just saying this is kind of a great idea for the "perfect" child, baby out of wedlock and whatever u do u, you don't have to get married, you're a crime fighter, you can raise that baby all on your own, power to the single parents. (My mom was a single parent, so I'm very proud.)
Gen7 : Maybe have a few more objectives here.
Quote:

I love this. But perhaps since, as melbrewer367 said, maybe Gen8 is a umm, Sarah Winchester type, and builds a HUGE house for a HUGE legacy to be looked at by all of the town, maybe the want a monumen to their success, their family, their fortune, perhaps they're in some high and powerful job or maybe they work from home and are very profeciant at what they do.
Quote:
Generation 8 - Spiritualist/Lorekeeper
"I shall keep a record of the bloodline from the first ancestor down to the present, even if it kills me."
The heir of this generation wants to make sure their family never fades from history.
Writing aspiration, complete books of life for at least your parents/grandparents/children (Whichever are alive by that point).

Generation 9 - Journeyman
"Is there more beyond this world?"
This sim wants to explore any other realms that might be there.
Astronaut career, I guess.

I plan on taking these ideas and doing them, but for JourneyMan how about, i mean, there are secret lots in TS4, so why not get into those? and also Astronaut?

I also think that an Insane Generation would be hilarious. If you have the mood lamps or access to different mood influencing items set them up in each room and enable the auras so that when you walk through your house certain rooms have certain moods and so your moods are yo-yoing all over the place.

I also think a party-generation could be fun, throw a party every week, own all the different games sims can play with each other. Don't have a job, just try and live off the vast fortune that your family has accumulated. Since parties cost to throw, this could make a dent in your fortune that a few of you mentioned.

Also a trophy-wife/husband! This generation's heir wants to marry someone rich and not have to work at all, and doesn't take interest in their children, only wants to focus on their hobbies or something. Maybe has a lot of affairs?
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 12:47 PM
I was looking for challenges to do with my newly created sim when I found this. This is just soo cool since I like how the generations come and go
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 10:27 AM
Oh! I can't wait to try this challenge!
Please complete the list so I could get started immediately :D
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 1:28 AM
Default New legacy started
I started this challenge with a new founder and decided to post it on wordpress.

https://cottrelllegacy.wordpress.com/

Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 7:02 PM
I absolutely love this challenge!

And it really is challenging. My founder sim found a perfect wife (who unfortunately hated children) and she got pregnant the first time they wohoo'ed. With twins. Boy twins. Then I had to get her pregnant again of course, and again she was pregnant at first try. With twins. Boy twins So they were having a really hard time with no sleep, but still they had no girl.. Third time they wohoo'ed she got pregnant again. With twins. But finally a boy and a girl! I don't know what I'd have done otherwise ;D
(I don't know if they had twins three times because I didn't delete the second cradle or if it was pure coincidence,)

Unfortunately she died trying to eat the cowplant's cake, so he was left with 6 kids and an enormous garden. Luckily he found a new wife, so things are looking better for him. I only need a couple of plants in his garden to finish the first generation, but it's taken a lot of time. It's made me really appreciate the sims 4 much more than before.

I thought about adding achievement objectives to each generation but found that (unfortunately) there isn't enough to choose from.
The 'Introvert' (have a sim do nothing social for 24 hours) would fit with gen 1, because the farmer would be so busy tending the garden. But I haven't found enough to pick one for each gen.
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 12:53 AM
Do the generations have to find spouses in the townie pool (with the traits required, such as loves the outdoors) or can you create you spouse and move them into a house for your sim to meet?
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 5:00 AM
Sounds Fun!
I Have been looking for something fun to do with my Sims 4, and this is just what I need. I am usually no good at challenges, but hopefully I can stay committed. Plan to do sort of a legacy with this. I am horrible with stories so my updates will be blog style.
Page 1 of 3