Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 3:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Adult Females Body separated at waist
My adult female bodies show a break at waist. If I remove my SKINS folder, they are OK but not much shape and no detail. Am I missing a file or have one too many ???
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 6:23 PM
Do you have a picture?

My best guess would be top/bottom meshes that don't quite fit together. Most likely a problem with those particular meshes.

And what do you mean by "skins" folder? Do you only have skins there, or clothes? Some people occasionally confuse skins and clothes, so that's why I ask. If the problem disappears when you remove this folder, the problem file(s) are probably inside this folder. If it only happens when the sims are naked or using clothes linked to the naked meshes (some tops/bottoms/full outfits), I'm guessing a faulty set of body replacement meshes or a set of faulty showerproof skins is causing the problems.
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 6:35 PM
Did you replace the default skins? If so then that's most likely the problem. Remove the default replacements and that may well fix the problem.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 10:13 PM
You will need to do the 50/50 search on your skin folder. Make a backup of your sims 2 folder. Along with that make sure anything that should not be puled is in a Don't remove folder. Put all your other downloads to one side somewhere safe so you can work quickly on just your skin folder. Then testing your skin folder, cut it in half and try each half separately. One half will be good the other bad with the issue. Put the good side to one side safely. Then take that bad half and split it into 2 and test each side. Do this again and again until you find your file causing the issue. Once you know the bad file remove it from your backup and restore to the backup. My guess is you picked up a body default, if you already have one and then placed in a second you would expect some wonkiness.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you have a picture?

My best guess would be top/bottom meshes that don't quite fit together. Most likely a problem with those particular meshes.

And what do you mean by "skins" folder? Do you only have skins there, or clothes? Some people occasionally confuse skins and clothes, so that's why I ask. If the problem disappears when you remove this folder, the problem file(s) are probably inside this folder. If it only happens when the sims are naked or using clothes linked to the naked meshes (some tops/bottoms/full outfits), I'm guessing a faulty set of body replacement meshes or a set of faulty showerproof skins is causing the problems.
It contains Skins of various shades, Light, pale, Medium etc. plus meshes and yes some clothes. But, you never see the problem when the Sims are wearing clothes unless the belly is exposed, also, it is the same folder I use on three other computers with no problem ??? Unless I inadvertently deleted a file along the line. And yes, I know the problem is in that folder. I'm in the process of adding some of the folders and playing the game and then adding some more and playing etc. Also checking my Sims to see if all body shapes are affected. Will check out the Default Replacements.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 6:35 AM
Oh okay you don't just mean skins then. These days clothes tend to be called clothes and actual skin, skins. It's safest to organize your download folder more organized than keeping skins and clothes together.

I doubt the folders are identical or you would not be having this issue. It indicates a body mesh. I accidentally got one once and my female sims had 2 rows of nipples, and you don't see it when they are wearing clothes because its a body default, not clothing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 11:14 AM
@SilverFox30, Can you post one or more pictures of the issue, preferably with different skins/clothes? It's much easier to identify the problem content that way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 3:05 AM
Default Adult female bodies separated
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
@SilverFox30, Can you post one or more pictures of the issue, preferably with different skins/clothes? It's much easier to identify the problem content that way.
I think we can consider this case closed. Checked most of my adult female Sims and apparently it was only those of MOD body shape (Made of Dreams) which is my favorite shape. Removed the folder for MOD (only about 5 small folders) and no problem. Narrowed it down to one folder. Only problem now is I don't have the MOD body shape. Thanks to everyone that commented, I appreciate it.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You will need to do the 50/50 search on your skin folder. Make a backup of your sims 2 folder. Along with that make sure anything that should not be puled is in a Don't remove folder. Put all your other downloads to one side somewhere safe so you can work quickly on just your skin folder. Then testing your skin folder, cut it in half and try each half separately. One half will be good the other bad with the issue. Put the good side to one side safely. Then take that bad half and split it into 2 and test each side. Do this again and again until you find your file causing the issue. Once you know the bad file remove it from your backup and restore to the backup. My guess is you picked up a body default, if you already have one and then placed in a second you would expect some wonkiness.

That's the smartest way I have ever stumbled upon....