Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2022 at 12:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 launcher wont open
When i go to and press play in origin, it minimizes for a second then comes back up and never starts the launcher.
it's a fresh install with no mods or cc. It work a few days ago, but i recently formatted my hard drive and it no longer will start.
I've been through a couple forums and tried to follow each step, but I'm still missing something.

I've set it as an administer in properties
turned on c++ 3.5 in the turn windows features on and off app
I've re-installed c++ and directx 9
I've used the origin repair feature and reinstalled the game with and without any expansions
I've linked it with my steam account and tried to launch it through there
and I've rebooted my computer
went to compatibility and "Run this program for" then set to windows 7
and have tried to launch it directly from the .exe for the launcher and ts3 itself in the bin folder and out of the folder
Since i haven't been able to launch the game, i dont have sims 3 in my electronic arts folders so i cant move it to the desktop or delete the caches