Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 10:14 PM Last edited by Goodywood : 19th Jul 2022 at 10:27 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can someone tell me why my game did this? (Weird glitch or something)...
I was playing my game and then suddenly it froze and my game looked like this:

Then it resumed and went back to normal. It was really weird. Anyone know why this happened or what happened? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Thank you!

Edit: Tried to make the photo a Spoiler, since it is so big, but it didn't work.

Edit 2: Got the spoiler to work.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 3:38 AM
Hey @nitromon !

Thank you for replying.

Quote:
i dont' know why it did that but i can tell you that if you notice, the static 2D is not affected, only the 3D engine. This means there's something wrong with the 3D rendering.

I see what you mean. It was weird because the game paused and turned into those weird colors. Then it resumed and went back to normal.

Quote:
Best case scenario is a corrupt mod/cc that caused it and you said it froze? I assume you had to close it down?

It did freeze but it resumed after the glitch was over. So I didn't have to close it down.

Quote:
The worst case scenario is your GPU is overheating and frying. Are you running GPU-Z to monitor your GPU temperature? Make sure it remains under 80*C. During hot summer days, best play in an AC room. If you are on a laptop, make sure you have a cooling pad (a good one can cost $15-30).

I thought about that to- the GPU overheating. I don't have GPU-Z. I'm on Win11 and I think it has a thing that monitors the GPU temp in the task manager. Thank you for the suggestions.

Quote:
And most importantly, when was the last time you replaced the thermal paste on your GPU?

Do you mean the CPU thermal paste? I just recently built this PC a few weeks ago. So the thermal paste is fresh.

I do want to say I have.. LazyDuchess's: Smooth Patch, Shadow Extender, Shader Tweaks, and Pixel Shader Modding Framework. Also, I have the 4gb patch. And I have Gshade installed.

Anyway, it was weird when the glitch happened, but it only happened once and it hasn't happen since then.