Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 12:29 PM Last edited by sadurino : 21st Sep 2022 at 12:56 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Texture's randomly low quality
Hello All! So i've finally been able to fully fix my game thanks to the help from many users ( Special thanks to @nitromon @marydehoyos and @ladysmoks ) However after fixing my game one thing seems to be having issues and it's clothing that's classed as "3d items" so things like cc eyelashes, eyebrows and clothing that has multiple surfaces (also some clothing items with images on them, the quality looks blurry). In terms of graphics or new mods added to the game, i havent touched anything along those lines.

Ive added a picture of one of the sims ( wouldn't even have her possible to use if it wasn't thanks to the users listed above. Does anyone know why my graphics have suddenly worsened? The only thing i can think of being the cause of this is i finally got my graphics card to be matched, but i doubt its that. However if anyone knows a fix or probable cause it'd be immensely helpful.

All of my ingame graphics options haven't been changed, they're all on the highest setting

P.S. Its not a gamebreaking issue but it is peculiar that it's all of a sudden happened.

[IMG][/IMG]

as you can see everything is relatively good looking in terms of graphics but the eyelashes ( not just specific cc eyelashes but every eyelash i have installed, including ea's own eyelashes )
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 4:37 PM Last edited by LadySmoks : 21st Sep 2022 at 11:19 PM.
2 things I can think of, without knowing your set up... Your Sim looks quite detailed. Do you use some HD CC? Skins, garments, etc??? TS3 is poop! 32 bit. Even with a Norad super-computer running it, the game itself has serious limits that cannot be overcome. There is a fairly hard limit to how much, or how big anything can be, including meshes and texture images. To see this easily, use Nraas MC to allow multiple accessories per location, and fill your Sim up. Eventually, everything will blur. You see individual CAS parts, the game sees a single image that contains everything. Most accys use 512 x 512 or 256 x 256 images. If those are S-Club, they use 1024 x 1024. They game prioritizes, so the image may have been shrunk to fit, and detail gets lost. This is what your game sees...
[IMG][/IMG]
As you add things, the game shrinks textures to fit. Eventually, you may simply crash.

The other that I have run into is when you adjust eye sliders too much. SClub lashs cannot keep up with crazy eyes.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 6:36 PM
Thank you for your reply and sadly no, that isn't the reason as i know what you're referring to as it does happen time to time, the picture i used was an example but it seems to be happening to any sim. Its as i said not the biggest deal but seeing as i record ingame videos for edits and such i do strive for the best quality i can get. Another example ( below ) is a shirt that used to appear as high quality, but when i noticed the eyelash issue it seems to have happened to this shirt and a few more, mainly it looks blurry and washed out. I could try to unmatch my graphics card and see if that works - Could it be due to a third party program? Like The Sims 3 GPU Addon (https://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/106) ?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 9:08 PM
Your pics look like TS4. Either way, the second pic is most likely bad CC, and nothing to do with textures or your GPU.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 1:15 AM
@LadySmoks they're def ts3 haha, ive never touched ts4 before. The second pics cc shirt has been fine before, i could probably find a pic of it with high quality

@Nitromon i was using a hq mod before but im not sure if its been disabled as its hard to tell tbh, do u think it could of been uninstalled when i used the gpu fix tool?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 1:40 AM
So after much research, i was able to fix the eyelash issue atleast with the help from this post (https://oursimsinfinity.tumblr.com/...ovee-eruwen-for) however im still trying to fix the shirt and other clothing items quality.
Inventor
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sadurino
So after much research, i was able to fix the eyelash issue atleast with the help from this post (https://oursimsinfinity.tumblr.com/...ovee-eruwen-for) however im still trying to fix the shirt and other clothing items quality.

So I don't use HQ mods and sometimes when I grab a CC that ends up looking like that I will open the package and check the Specular and multiplier. I have found sometimes like the shirt you have when it's ultra shiny like that it can be the spec is way too shiny and I have to take it into TSRW and fix what I can. You can test without even doing this by doing the Cheat Deco S or Deco M https://modthesims.info/d/478307/re...01-16-2014.html so when you are in CAS try doing either of those and see if the clothes look better. Sometimes it's as simple as that.

Also second try removing the jewelry. I know it sounds strange but I have had some shoes and jewelry that have caused some weird things with clothes. I would start shirt only first and then see what you add that could cause a conflict but I see you have a necklace try removing that first.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 4:47 PM
Only that I have never seen a texture mod create such a gap at the waist seam? The meshes do not even appear close to matching. Odd.
@marydehoyos, shoes and accys go to polycount totals. Something Cmar found years ago, and I must live by with my meshes. There is a chart in MTK that outlines the limits.

Somewhere here, is a thread that got into this. I believe Cmar, Bloombase and MurfeeL.
My problem was exploding hair during morphs, while still in TSRW, as my mesh had too many vertices and was overflowing into hair. Although shoes come last, reasonable to assume there is a point when they flip over to 0 and into accys.
Screenshots
Inventor
#10 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 3:25 AM Last edited by marydehoyos : 26th Sep 2022 at 3:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Only that I have never seen a texture mod create such a gap at the waist seam? The meshes do not even appear close to matching. Odd.
@marydehoyos, shoes and accys go to polycount totals. Something Cmar found years ago, and I must live by with my meshes. There is a chart in MTK that outlines the limits.

Somewhere here, is a thread that got into this. I believe Cmar, Bloombase and MurfeeL.
My problem was exploding hair during morphs, while still in TSRW, as my mesh had too many vertices and was overflowing into hair. Although shoes come last, reasonable to assume there is a point when they flip over to 0 and into accys.

The mismatch at the waist is usually caused by using a custom body. I have a custom one that I created borrowing JoshQ's first med bod. (you can find the one I did over on those posts) When I convert store clothes/game clothes to use the custom mesh I did with a preg morph it get's that waist gap. So it very well could be that the creator used the mesh from a different body than from a EA mesh. You can find a few like Chasimi and Josh Qs. So if you use the mesh tool kit with either one of those bodies it might cause that seam at the waist. Another one I have seen cause that waist gap is if it was based on a Pets clothing item which also has a different mesh body. They don't align with the EA body mesh.

Also judging by the picture it's the pants and they are probably meshed with the chasimi body mesh.

But jewelry has on more than one occasion cause weird problems with clothes. I think if I remember correctly it was because it was overlapping on the UV map don't quote me on this but I think that's what I remembered reading....anyway it's worth the effort to try the shirt with no jewelry on and see if the problem goes away.

PS I have all your hairs and some of your clothes in my game and you do a fabulous job with your CC. I'm such a fan of your creations.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
The mismatch at the waist is usually caused by using a custom body. I have a custom one that I created borrowing JoshQ's first med bod. (you can find the one I did over on those posts) When I convert store clothes/game clothes to use the custom mesh I did with a preg morph it get's that waist gap. So it very well could be that the creator used the mesh from a different body than from a EA mesh. You can find a few like Chasimi and Josh Qs. So if you use the mesh tool kit with either one of those bodies it might cause that seam at the waist. Another one I have seen cause that waist gap is if it was based on a Pets clothing item which also has a different mesh body. They don't align with the EA body mesh.

Also judging by the picture it's the pants and they are probably meshed with the chasimi body mesh.

But jewelry has on more than one occasion cause weird problems with clothes. I think if I remember correctly it was because it was overlapping on the UV map don't quote me on this but I think that's what I remembered reading....anyway it's worth the effort to try the shirt with no jewelry on and see if the problem goes away.

PS I have all your hairs and some of your clothes in my game and you do a fabulous job with your CC. I'm such a fan of your creations.

JoshQ is my mentor! :lovestruc MedBod is different, and he mentions the gap issue if mix matching his and EA standard parts. He fixes the waist seams/ bone weights/ normals in Milkshape, just so his tops and bottoms will not show seam, but MTK and Blender geom tools do not fix it. I made an outfit for MedBod 1.9. I wanted to make top and bottom, but do not use MS, so separates had seam... so it became an outfit. )))

The 2 images I posted are the only issues I know regarding accys. I could not find the exact thread, but it was old, and MurfeeL had an issue of exploding mesh. I think it was Cmar and Bloombase who found it is because of the EA vertices numbering system, and that when vertices count of a part runs over into the next part's section. I had the issue with a TS4 to TS3 conversion of 2B. The skirt made hair explode. Eventually, I got the vertices count down, and problem solved. It appears to be the same with shoes and accys, as one follows the other in a loop back. The other thing with accys is texture size. EA uses the 2048 x 1024 map, and squeezes everything on it. Accys seem to be what is most squeezed and image distorted. Accy UV usually covers the entire map, but they are also usually 512 x 512, or 256 x 256. Generally, the latter fits the EA Sim map without any image shrink/ distortion. Some CC makers use 1024 x 1024, and those are often shrunk and distort. Did an experiment. My Sim, Death, I was able to use 9 or 10 accys before an issue, as I remade several texture images at 256 x 256.

Thanks you! ))) I did very few hairs. Mostly for specific characters or FemmeBots.
Inventor
#12 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 5:29 PM
JoshQ is my mentor! :lovestruc MedBod is different, and he mentions the gap issue if mix matching his and EA standard parts. He fixes the waist seams/ bone weights/ normals in Milkshape, just so his tops and bottoms will not show seam, but MTK and Blender geom tools do not fix it. I made an outfit for MedBod 1.9. I wanted to make top and bottom, but do not use MS, so separates had seam... so it became an outfit. )))

The 2 images I posted are the only issues I know regarding accys. I could not find the exact thread, but it was old, and MurfeeL had an issue of exploding mesh. I think it was Cmar and Bloombase who found it is because of the EA vertices numbering system, and that when vertices count of a part runs over into the next part's section. I had the issue with a TS4 to TS3 conversion of 2B. The skirt made hair explode. Eventually, I got the vertices count down, and problem solved. It appears to be the same with shoes and accys, as one follows the other in a loop back. The other thing with accys is texture size. EA uses the 2048 x 1024 map, and squeezes everything on it. Accys seem to be what is most squeezed and image distorted. Accy UV usually covers the entire map, but they are also usually 512 x 512, or 256 x 256. Generally, the latter fits the EA Sim map without any image shrink/ distortion. Some CC makers use 1024 x 1024, and those are often shrunk and distort. Did an experiment. My Sim, Death, I was able to use 9 or 10 accys before an issue, as I remade several texture images at 256 x 256.

Thanks you! ))) I did very few hairs. Mostly for specific characters or FemmeBots.

Yes! Josh Q is amazing! So when I convert using my version of the medbod I do both tops and bottoms so I don't get that seam. I made a full body mesh that I use with the tool kit for morphs and that seems to work well for me. Nothing I would release just my own personal. That's what makes me think those pants were made with a custom body.

Interesting..I had a bracelet (that when using MC so I could have multiple accessories) the bracelet would cast weird shadows on clothes. Another thing was some eyebrows I don't know where I got them but if a sim aged into those eyebrows their clothes would become distorted. After years and years of being a CC nut I'm much more careful about what I put in my game and making sure it works instead of dumping a ton in at one time and praying
Forum Resident
#13 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 6:50 PM
Yes! Josh Q is amazing! So when I convert using my version of the medbod I do both tops and bottoms so I don't get that seam. I made a full body mesh that I use with the tool kit for morphs and that seems to work well for me. Nothing I would release just my own personal. That's what makes me think those pants were made with a custom body.

Interesting..I had a bracelet (that when using MC so I could have multiple accessories) the bracelet would cast weird shadows on clothes. Another thing was some eyebrows I don't know where I got them but if a sim aged into those eyebrows their clothes would become distorted. After years and years of being a CC nut I'm much more careful about what I put in my game and making sure it works instead of dumping a ton in at one time and praying

I thought I had a screenshot, but cannot find one. But the seam I refer to is not a mismatched mesh seam, rather the seam caused by bone weight/ normals mismatch, which MTK or geom tools usually fixes... but with MedBod waist vertices not being in standard EA position, does not work... At least, I have not gotten it to work. ((( Morphs weren't a problem, as I used Josh's originals from MB 1.9, but when I made it as outfit, made a new morph set.

Bracelets usually have a mesh. I found that any accys with a mesh can do odd things. Much regarding morphs, although bracelets might not have morphs... but often to have a lot of image detail, CC creators may use 1024 x 1024 imgs, and those get messed up by the game. Shadows? Not sure without going thru the package. And eyebrows causing mesh distortion is new to me. )))) Not as I have seen everything! ))) But again, they are usually just texture images... unless someone tried to make them "bushy" 3d???
Screenshots
Inventor
#14 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 11:22 PM
I thought I had a screenshot, but cannot find one. But the seam I refer to is not a mismatched mesh seam, rather the seam caused by bone weight/ normals mismatch, which MTK or geom tools usually fixes... but with MedBod waist vertices not being in standard EA position, does not work... At least, I have not gotten it to work. ((( Morphs weren't a problem, as I used Josh's originals from MB 1.9, but when I made it as outfit, made a new morph set.

Bracelets usually have a mesh. I found that any accys with a mesh can do odd things. Much regarding morphs, although bracelets might not have morphs... but often to have a lot of image detail, CC creators may use 1024 x 1024 imgs, and those get messed up by the game. Shadows? Not sure without going thru the package. And eyebrows causing mesh distortion is new to me. )))) Not as I have seen everything! ))) But again, they are usually just texture images... unless someone tried to make them "bushy" 3d???

ahhh!!! That's why with the medbod version I was using I created a full body. I plopped it into milkshape and exported it, I created a preg morph along with it, I then added everything I needed to make it a reference mesh. When I convert clothes I use that as my ref and it helped me get rid of the seam that I was getting from only using a top or bottom mesh. I'm not the greatest at it but I figured it out enough to make it work for me.

Yeah I don't know where these eyebrows came from. I remember it was back before I knew the horrors of bad CC. If I look on my external I actually might be able to find them. I now have a never load into my game folder that I put bad CC into so I make sure if I find that instance number on a sim I download I will clean it off before loading. Much like the broken counter, boots, and just CC that has had weird issues. (maybe a conflict) I had a breast bone slider that would consistently cause issues it kept causing teens to show up in the burnt nude outfit. Removed it and the problem went away. Never figured out how it caused an issue but it did.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 2:31 PM
ahhh!!! That's why with the medbod version I was using I created a full body. I plopped it into milkshape and exported it, I created a preg morph along with it, I then added everything I needed to make it a reference mesh. When I convert clothes I use that as my ref and it helped me get rid of the seam that I was getting from only using a top or bottom mesh. I'm not the greatest at it but I figured it out enough to make it work for me.

Yeah I don't know where these eyebrows came from. I remember it was back before I knew the horrors of bad CC. If I look on my external I actually might be able to find them. I now have a never load into my game folder that I put bad CC into so I make sure if I find that instance number on a sim I download I will clean it off before loading. Much like the broken counter, boots, and just CC that has had weird issues. (maybe a conflict) I had a breast bone slider that would consistently cause issues it kept causing teens to show up in the burnt nude outfit. Removed it and the problem went away. Never figured out how it caused an issue but it did.

You mention Milkshape, which is what Josh and I believe to be the issue I have with separate garment tops and bottom seams for MedBod (and possibly a couple of other things). He uses MS to seam fix his separates.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 2:59 PM
I know this thread got old, but I recently stumbled across something mentioned here. Buckley found a fix to the S-Club eyelashes. I did the fix myself, and it works. https://buckleysims.tumblr.com/post...ome-except-when

The overlay priority was changed to 2!