Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#126 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 12:33 PM
The most fun I ever had with this challenge is when I moved in a family servo. When the welcoming crew showed up, 2 out of 3 started to clean without asking. Then the servo ACR with one of the helpers. That is one heck of a thank you.
Advertisement
Theorist
#127 Old 1st May 2009 at 5:02 AM
Melody Richkid successfully completed her (er, my) goal. It took her just about a week past when she would have turned to an elder to have all the money I wanted her to have for her remodel. I decided that she should have enough once she reached the top of her career (which also happened to be her LTW) and once she sold off all the extra sculptures from her inventory (hidden there so the bill collectors wouldn't see them) she had just short of 80,000 simoleans, then by the time she stripped the house of the ugly carpet and wallpaper and sold all her cheap junk, she had right around 84,000 to spend. I started with the house yesterday and got it all but done. As soon as it's finished I'll have to get the rest of the pictures taken.
Alchemist
#128 Old 1st May 2009 at 8:45 AM
Well done Misty!
Field Researcher
#129 Old 1st May 2009 at 5:42 PM
This is my second challange , my goal is too buy everything expensive in 2 weeks(1 week is little rush , I wanna play slowly and enjoy the challange)

This is my sim , he started pulling weed when he arrived his messy lot...

Photo of my sim that pulled all the weed

**i will update more pic tomorow..**
Theorist
#130 Old 1st May 2009 at 7:33 PM
Wow! Just getting all the weeds pulled is a MAJOR accomplishment! In looking through different people's pictures, I was thinking I wish I had managed to get some of the neighbors to help out with cleaning, etc. It would have saved a TON of time! LOL

Best of luck on getting it all done in two weeks! Melody would have had better luck time-wise if she hadn't got so many bad chance cards. Finally I just started hitting the ignore button for fear she would be demoted yet again. I am wondering if with FT the odds of getting a good chance card was reduced, considering there is a perk added whereby a Sim with that perk will have an 80% chance of getting it correct. For sure, FT seems to have introduced a much higher likelihood of getting chance cards because she was getting them almost every other day. It was insane!

Anyway, maybe today I can finish up and start organizing the pictures.
Test Subject
#131 Old 2nd May 2009 at 2:05 AM
I feel like taking on this challenge, it looks like fun And I like making my simmies do chores, lol!
Field Researcher
#132 Old 2nd May 2009 at 4:51 AM
1. My sim clean and throw all the rubbish and scraps , it look good~

2.its late though , so my sim went to sleep

3.while my sim sleeping , sometin happen!! lol omg!!

4.Next day , my sim meet a girl name Marisa

5.she is kinda cute but...errrr...

6.my sim piss her off the lot...
3 day later , i am at level 6 of the Natural Scient Career~
and i buy a whole new kitchen!!

7.again , when i brought my money back from work , i quickly buy some tiles and wall paint

**update soon**
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 2nd May 2009 at 9:09 PM
Uh... is it just me, or is the link to the Sims Society not working anymore?
Field Researcher
#134 Old 3rd May 2009 at 2:42 AM
didn see any picture?
Forum Resident
#135 Old 3rd May 2009 at 3:05 PM
Jennybean - That site was abandoned a while ago. Someone has uploaded a new lot earlier in the thread to play that is on MTS2. Find it here.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 3rd May 2009 at 3:19 PM
Thanks Ciane. Then I'm guessing the rules and guidelines posted in the first post are all there is to it?
Forum Resident
#137 Old 3rd May 2009 at 8:56 PM
As far as I know, the rules never changed. We just needed a base game friendly lot that would be available anytime.
Inventor
#138 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 8:56 PM
I loved this challenge the first time I played it, and now that I'm back into Sims 2, I'm doing this again. Maybe I'll actually finish it this time lol
Mad Poster
#139 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 9:05 PM
This does sound like a fun challenge and I'd love to play. Neither the original lot to upload nor the one recommended by Ciane leads to anything that works. Is there a link?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 3:07 AM
Here. That's the fixed link. The earlier one had an extra http:// tacked on the front and that's why it was borked.
Mad Poster
#141 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 7:30 PM
Thanks so much!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 1:50 PM
This was my first challenge ever. I've just completed it and I have to say, I had loads of fun.

Meet my sim Sam Neatie, he's a real cleaner and an active buddy, with a fortune aspiration, but perhaps he's a bit lacking on the fun part. His dream is to become a big business man, but first, some cleaning had to be done.

The cleaning was actually done pretty fast. I never knew Sims could like cleaning, I always play with sloppy ones. Keeping the garden was trickier, I used my influence points to make my friends do it.

A small crisis came on the way when Sam had to choose between Brandi Broke and Christy Inada, the president of the company he's working. Oh, and that time he got abducted by aliens wasn't nice too, he came back all planty. But all those nights of star watching and networking certainly paid off. Eleven days before he would become an elder, he got a nice offer to become the CEO of Microtastics, an offer he gratefully accepted. With the 25000 bonus, he finally had enough money to fully decorate the house, including the flooring and wallpaper. As for the garden. Well, after that incident with the aliens, he never looked at the floorbeds again.

Here's a pic of the (awfully ugly) house.

Lab Assistant
#143 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 7:36 AM Last edited by Tga Kiwi : 31st Jan 2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: began the challenge
Wow looks like fun. I'm thinking of giving this a go...I sooo need a break from my regular play.
Just started this, and I think my sim I created especially for this challenge... doesn't think much of me, let alone the house. :D

My new simming blog: Woodville
Inventor
#144 Old 16th May 2015 at 7:23 PM
This has always been a favorite challenge of mine, and now after completing the Poverty Challenge and starting a BACC, I'm giving it another go!

Here's Poppy Fenody, the Sim who will be doing the challenge. She got to work right away, so I think she'll do well. After she's done fixing everything up, she'll need to buy all expensive furnishings, and then I'm going to try to decorate the place as prettily as I can... which will be a challenge in itself, since I'm not much of a decorator lol
Top Secret Researcher
#145 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 6:08 AM
I just started this challenge. Rather than download the lot, I used an existing house and created the mess in the first place with a lazy elderly man, Jack Carson (who eventually died of electrocution at 65).. The house was bought by a distant relative, Gerald Carson, and he is having a hard time of it all! His job doesn't pay enough yet to replace the horrible furniture, etc.
Mad Poster
#146 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 12:12 PM
Is this safe to play? The description mentions Jack being a pile behind the sofa. So this lot has been lived in, won't it cause corruption?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#147 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 3:50 PM
There is a similar challenge, had the Munny couple in a rambling, uglt, huge house with weeds and piles of goo everywhere. I've played the house a number of times, but also have wondered about the prior inhabatets that must have lived there (I just realized typos - eye problems akk

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#148 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 1:42 PM Last edited by Lili975 : 24th Aug 2016 at 10:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Is this safe to play? The description mentions Jack being a pile behind the sofa. So this lot has been lived in, won't it cause corruption?
I just tried it in a test hood and while it's not the most challenging challenge, it's my kind of thing and I really enjoyed it.

The lot itself has been played but seems safe and has flat edges. The Hood Checker never reported anything suspicious.

After she cleaned some of the puddles, my sim exhibited some of the "furious" animations neat freaks do after they clean someone's puddle of urine, so at least one of those puddles must have been pee. Alas I don't use Pescado's hack to make urine yellow anymore, so I can't tell. But she didn't get a "furious" token and again, the Hood Checker didn't report any wonky furiousness.

There's more than one pile of ashes (three I think? I might have missed one before someone autonomously cleaned it) but I saw no trace of any dead sim. "Jack behind the sofa" must have been part of the first house (now unavailable) because the sofa is against a wall here, I saw no ashes there.

Some minor glitches I experienced are:
-couldn't fix the sink or the shower, not sure about the tub. She spent hours trying to fix the shower, she would just give up and I thought it was because she lacked mechanical points, I just kept filling her queue with "repair", "repair", "repair", "repair", "repair", "repair", until I realized it shouldn't take like twenty tries, and the repairing obviously wasn't working

-the local wolf (regular wolf, not LoTP) keeps coming all the time, even after the challenge has been completed and everything is expensive and tidy. Not sure about this because it's not glitchy or anything, and you can normally shoo him off, but I think some messy lot emitter is still active because the wolf really comes a lot, several times a day.
The LoTP however came a few times but not often at all.

-the gardener kind of froze twice after getting out of his truck, my sim had to say goodbye before he would leave. There are no inaccessible plants as far as I can say, but I use dickhurt's hack that lets half tile flowers be watered (http://modthesims.info/d/288772) and Pescado's winter flower fix (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,9348.0.html), haven't tested in a vanilla environment.

I think that's it. Entertaining little challenge and nice little lot, I plan to play it again at some point, I love neat sims :lovestruc

Here are some pictures from my attempt!

Lab Assistant
#149 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 7:05 PM
I found this easy to do. She loved to clean and she had the place looking good in a day it seemed. She deleted all the furniture, flooring, lights, wallpaper, outside garden, fencing, etc and she had enough money to fill it with nice items. The house has a great layout once I removed the wall between the kitchen and living room. I had my sim move into two other sims for roommates. I split the big bedroom into two bedrooms and kept the one bedroom for the home owner. It's great. I don't usually play roommates but I keep count of what the sims make and charge $300 room & board weekly. I try not to control the roommates too much unless they are freaking out. It's been alot of fun. So it's great that one challenged spurred on a type of play I'm liking. I would like to try this challenge again but with stricter rules.

STRICTER RULES

roll 2 dice and whatever you roll is the amount of things you can do that day. Say you rolled a 2 and a 5. You can only clean 7 items or change the decor on 7 items. Each wall panel is considered one item. Each window / door is considered one item.

Let's face it, a sim on their own would never be able to do the amount of reno work and cleanup that is needed in one day.

I would like the challenge to be more in the cleanup & initial renovating then in working at a job to make money to fill it with all expensive items.
Mad Poster
#150 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 11:40 AM
I've had sims die (from disease?), even a random person "helping".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 6 of 6