Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

True Reflective Floors - Updated

by Morphead Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 6:36 PM - Updated 12th Mar 2013 at 11:13 PM by Morphead

319 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 114 Feedback Posts, 204 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 13
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 11:41 PM
Thank You everyone! I hope to continue to bring amazing stuff.

Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Looks really beautiful. But could you tell me if and how does these differ from Murano's reflective floor mirrors? I have those and I'm pondering whether or not to replace them with these. Thanks.

The differences are fairly minor, this is simply a free alternative. Try one or two of them and see how you like it. Make the choice for yourself.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 11:59 PM
So i have been trying these and they show up either black or stone looking. I simply put down my floor and put these over them right? i wonder what i am doing wrong. The floor doesnt shine through the rug
Test Subject
#28 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eduardog3000
how about see through floors that you can see the level below (even if it is a basement)

Inge has some glass floors available in the SimLogical Sims 3 forums.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 12:38 AM
wow so shiny Your sims must be using Pledge for their parquet floor!!
Scholar
#30 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 1:29 AM
I used to use the shiny floors in TS2, but they caused such a lag that I gave them up. Have you noticed any lagging in game play with yours? Btw, your floors look great, thank you for sharing them.
Scholar
#31 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 1:51 AM
Big thanks to you and Inge for making the time and effort to create these. From what I read on TSS it was not an easy task.

These were a very popular item for S2 and it's nice that someone else has figured out a process in S3 to make them freely available once again!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kylefunck2003
So i have been trying these and they show up either black or stone looking. I simply put down my floor and put these over them right? i wonder what i am doing wrong. The floor doesnt shine through the rug

You need to CAST it - It's not possible to have transparent mirrors, so it's a CAST-able plane over a mirror. That's why you should choose the flooring that cost 0, place these over it and then CAST the floor you want.

I hope that makes sense.

Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 5:29 AM
for somereason the 1x1 and 2x2 fade/change color at different distances, so i just use one size thruoght. This is a fantastic addition crazy awsome. drop a rug, give it the texture you want to have, and copy once, paste paste paste. purty nice.

(CAST)=Create A Style Thingy
the paintbrush and painter's pallette,
that you use to retexture things.

you're just retexturing the "rug", and then use the eyedropper to Copy it, and start pasting away.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#34 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 7:36 AM
YESSS! I needed this so much!
It looks great!
Thank you sooo much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 1:59 PM
Absolutely Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you
Alchemist
#36 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by morphead
The differences are fairly minor, this is simply a free alternative. Try one or two of them and see how you like it. Make the choice for yourself.

Thank you, I'll do that. I'm looking forward of seeing other creations from you.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#37 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 6:30 PM
kickety-kick ass! thanks a lot!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#38 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 8:17 PM
Fabulous I used these sparingly in TS2 and I'm sure I'll be doing the same again for TS3 so as not to bog my game down. Besides, carpeting isn't supposed to be reflective Thanks so much for sharing and for doing a great job
Test Subject
#39 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 11:57 PM
THESE LOOK GREAT! But i have a Problem. I cant recolor them. No matter what i do i can't select the dang thing. The only way for me to delete them is to drag the delete tool. Is this just me?

-Macbook Pro, Snowleopard, All expansions/stuff packs and Updates, 4gb ram 2.66ghz intel processor.

Please respond because i would love to use theses!
Test Subject
#40 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 12:44 AM
Rebooting the game once the object icons loaded fixed the problem on both versions!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#41 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:05 AM
Thank you sooo much. I remember something simular in the Sims 2 but back then I had a crummy computer and couldn't use them.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:01 AM Last edited by Fizzy9 : 21st Jan 2011 at 12:22 PM.
Morphead, I like your reflective rugs better than teko/murano's, because yours were free first.
Theorist
#43 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:19 AM
Is it okay if I try to install both versions, or would the game crash id I do that?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#44 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Is it okay if I try to install both versions, or would the game crash id I do that?

You can use both versions simultaneously without problem. Using way too many could crash the game

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 2:54 PM
Wow! Wow, wow, wow, wow! Outstanding, I can't wait to see this in game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 2:58 PM
This is cool!!!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:27 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 21st Jan 2011 at 4:42 PM. Reason: Removing response to deleted post.
I downloaded the TSR version and tried these, too. The only reason I like these better is they are smaller. Size does matter
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#48 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:48 PM
MTS Staff Note: READ BEFORE POSTING!

While there are reflective floors available elsewhere (and asking questions about the differences are fine), please remember that nobody owns the concept of "reflective floors" (in fact, EA did reflective floors first for TS2 - they just never released 'em - go look through prerelease pictures and you'll see them there). It's perfectly fine for creators to make alternative items that may work differently from others already existing - after all, it's not like only one person is allowed to create a modern couch, or a basic rug, or a curly ponytail, or a tube top, or whatever. People make similar items all the time, and that's fine - diversity and choice are good things for the community!

Debate about the validity of this upload will not be entertained here as it is baseless, and drags the thread into silly bickering over a non-issue. One cannot steal an idea for such a simple concept as shiny floors. Please stick to thanks and feedback about the upload, how it works in the game, etc., and do not attempt to start up a bickery debate about this, when it is simply unnecessary.

Thanks!
Retired
retired moderator THANKS POST
#49 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 5:26 PM
Great work, but could we have clear labels on the download files? I can't easily tell which is 25% and which is 10% before downloading.
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 8:26 PM
These are great.

Are the [MRDLVC-GLM-1A] and [MRDLVC-GLM-1B] the smallest sizes? Those are the only ones I want. It would be nice if the file names correlated with the tile sizes.

Also have you considered doing this for walls? Murano had made some shiny surfaces for walls and they looked very nice over colored walls.
Page 2 of 13