Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

True Reflective Floors - Updated

by Morphead Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 6:36 PM - Updated 12th Mar 2013 at 11:13 PM by Morphead

319 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 114 Feedback Posts, 204 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 13
Instructor
THANKS POST
#51 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:17 PM
Thank you so much, I have been waiting for reflective floors for awhile now and just tried them ... fantastic!
Test Subject
#52 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:47 PM
Help Pliss, Heeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Hi! I would like to explain to me where I find the floor in the game because I am very small and from other country (from Argentina) so I didn´t understand all only somethings, maybe there is a problem with my sims 3 (not sure), I download the second link, the last. Well I love the floor and thank you very much!!

Sol (Argentina)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:50 PM
In what category is???? (floor-rugs-etc.) PLEASE SOMEONE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 1:45 AM
Yay!! Thank you!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#55 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by almita22
In what category is???? (floor-rugs-etc.) PLEASE SOMEONE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, you can find it in "Decorations" under "rugs" I hope you can find it

In reply to making these for walls, I've thought about it, but with windows and doors, it wouldn't work well. Unless used on empty walls...

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Theorist
THANKS POST
#56 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 4:49 AM
This is really awesome thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#57 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 5:35 AM
Ok my problems are back. After trying these in game a couple times, they only worked some of the time. Now they don't work at all. Im going to remove all other cc and try running the game with just them hope it's just a conflict with the other CC and not the package. It's not my system by the way. I reinstalled SnowLeopard (for other reasons) and the problem stayed.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#58 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 11:22 AM
These are very nice, Much better then boring flat floors. Can i ask thought where did you get the Laptop that's shown on the counter in one of the photos?

Thankyou again :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#59 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 11:43 AM
Wow dude! Congratulations on the feature! With your ever increasing talent, I knew this wouldn't be far off :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 12:08 PM Last edited by Mattthemaster : 22nd Jan 2011 at 12:38 PM. Reason: "Enhancing post"
problem with ttransparency.
Thank you very much, I was really wanting these! (Just like many others).

Anyway, it's perfect in your pictures, but even if I try either one of the download options, the rugs - in the game - work as true mirrors, I mean, without the transparency fator that makes the floor (underneath) to be visible.

I tried both options, but how can I solve this? My graphic settings are set on high (except for anti-aliasing - wich doesn't matter here) and the reflections are set to "Mirrors & Super Water".
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#61 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Acrulai
Ok my problems are back. After trying these in game a couple times, they only worked some of the time. Now they don't work at all. Im going to remove all other cc and try running the game with just them hope it's just a conflict with the other CC and not the package. It's not my system by the way. I reinstalled SnowLeopard (for other reasons) and the problem stayed.

How concerning! I'll look into the problem to see if it's something I did wrong. I don't have an apple computer, and I'm not really sure how the game differs on it, if at all. But thanks for letting me know. I'm on it.

Quote: Originally posted by mickies22
These are very nice, Much better then boring flat floors. Can i ask thought where did you get the Laptop that's shown on the counter in one of the photos?

Thankyou again

Ah, yes. That's a new CamBook Pro (Macbook) laptop I made. I haven't released it yet. I'm still finishing up the set. You can expect it in the next week or so here.

Quote: Originally posted by Flabaliki
Wow dude! Congratulations on the feature! With your ever increasing talent, I knew this wouldn't be far off

Thank you very much! Really it's just fun to create. Also with my relationship with Google Sketchup Pro getting better everyday, I'm able to make things WAY much more easily now with the tools.

Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 12:25 PM
These look so fantastic, I tried them immediately.

So..I don't know in what way I'm being an idiot, but I can't get them recoloured in a floor of my choice! CAST stands for colour all similar tiles, right? Or should I do something in Create a Style?
I laid down a floor that cost 0$, placed one of the rugs on them, then tried to use the colour all similar tyles tool on the existing 0$ floor in the floor design I wanted...didn't work, so I assume I either did it wrong or something should be recoloured in CAS.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#63 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellgirl
These look so fantastic, I tried them immediately.

So..I don't know in what way I'm being an idiot, but I can't get them recoloured in a floor of my choice! CAST stands for colour all similar tiles, right? Or should I do something in Create a Style?
I laid down a floor that cost 0$, placed one of the rugs on them, then tried to use the colour all similar tyles tool on the existing 0$ floor in the floor design I wanted...didn't work, so I assume I either did it wrong or something should be recoloured in CAS.

You want to Create a Style the rugs themselves. You place the 0$ floor, because it's free and Sims won't complain about being unfinished. I hope this helps you.

Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#64 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 2:54 PM
Oh wow well done on the feature Morphead, you really earned this! ^.^
Helptato
THANKS POST
#65 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 4:14 PM
Haven't got Sims 3 so can't download, but these are WAAAY better then the T$R ones.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 4:39 PM
thank you so much been needing the shine since sims 3 came out
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#67 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 5:03 PM
I downloaded them and they look great, work great and I'm keeping them. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 5:29 PM
Can you please make a version for Sims 2?

Typing in a forum in the slowest way to die
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 7:07 PM
Pardon my ignorance... but where do I find it in-game?
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#70 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 7:32 PM
OoOooOOOOOooOOoooooOOOOOOoooOO!!!!! Shiny!

Now if only my real floors looked this good. ;0)
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#71 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 8:49 PM
Congrats on the feauture
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 9:42 PM
Yay.. Featured.. wooooo.. wtg
Test Subject
#73 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 12:41 AM
Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 1:21 AM
Brilliant work! And they'll look beautiful in game. A huge thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 4:42 AM
Now all i need is mirrors on my ceiling and my pimp room is ready.
Page 3 of 13