Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 11:20 PM
Default "Items Removed" when placing custom lot
When placing a downloaded custom lot, I keep receiving the message "Items Removed: One or move items may not be installed on your computer or the Origin account that is currently logged in does not own these items. 12 Build Mode items have been removed."
I have the lot's custom content in my mods folder.
I have tried placing it from the map screen - this results in objects floating around the lot in weird places.
I have tried placing the lot from within build mode - with no cheats, with testingcheats on, with bb.showhiddenobjects, and with bb.moveobjects on. All these result in that message.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 3:36 AM
It could be items from Outdoor Retreat, or the Digital Deluxe Edition if you don't own those packs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 3:54 AM
I've got them!
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by the.sleeper
When placing a downloaded custom lot, I keep receiving the message "Items Removed: One or move items may not be installed on your computer or the Origin account that is currently logged in does not own these items. 12 Build Mode items have been removed."
I have the lot's custom content in my mods folder.
I have tried placing it from the map screen - this results in objects floating around the lot in weird places.
I have tried placing the lot from within build mode - with no cheats, with testingcheats on, with bb.showhiddenobjects, and with bb.moveobjects on. All these result in that message.

I think there is something you are meant to tick like allow custom content or something to that affect. I have not actually done this but I have read that you need to tick something...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 4:10 AM
Yup, done that :/
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 4:49 AM Last edited by applesandoranges : 13th Feb 2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: added
Iv'e had this too but it wasn't on a downloaded lot and it removed a base game object,the modern dollhouse.I too own all the content. Forgot to say have also gotten the message when attempting to save and move the home the Goth's live in.The Goth house was totally unedited.Shortly after the game did this I started getting that map loading but nothing else bug. Is it related? I have no idea.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 8:07 PM
I had the error in loading custom content yesterday, I have base and expansion, without any new custom content or modifications to the game. It just decided it wasn't going to load the Landgraab house's contents. I exited without saving, reloaded and no further problems. I've had a couple of unusual glitches with this house and I'm starting to believe the file has become corrupted due to the large number of items on the lot (huge house, several aspirations' worth of collectibles, art, etc.).

~*~*~*~ Proud supporter of MTS2 ~*~*~*~
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 5:08 AM
I started getting this message last week, in a EA built house, and have no idea what it means... and I have no idea what is missing.
Screenshots
Scholar
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jron7667
I started getting this message last week, in a EA built house, and have no idea what it means... and I have no idea what is missing.

What house was it? I can then download it and see if I get the same message.
Do you have Outdoor Retreat and Deluxe Version of the Sims 4?
If not then it means an item in that EA house was from those packs (Outdoor Retreat or Sims 4 Deluxe) and because you don't own them it wont allow it to be placed in your game.
Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 8:56 AM
Just a note if your using Windows 8 it seems to start denying yourself permissions in game folder itself , and your my documents, folder(s), this happened with me, I was completely lost what to do, until I granted myself my permissions back into both folders, so worth checking you still got full permissions, so the game can running property, my problems ended up being a simple as that.
Scholar
#11 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 9:22 AM
I've gotten it on three of my own houses and nothing was removed. I own everything that's out right now - think it's a bug.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 12:55 PM
Hi. It is Oakenstead, in Willow Creek, and have been playing it since September, and never had an issue. I have the items shown in the picture below

Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
What house was it? I can then download it and see if I get the same message.
Do you have Outdoor Retreat and Deluxe Version of the Sims 4?
If not then it means an item in that EA house was from those packs (Outdoor Retreat or Sims 4 Deluxe) and because you don't own them it wont allow it to be placed in your game.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 12:29 AM
I am getting that same message and it happens on and off. It is driving me nuts. I started thinking earlier does the game limit to how many items we can have on a lot?

The shore is my heart, the waves my spirit & the sea my soul.
--Areil Megan Delphinus (Skpamd)
Scholar
#14 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 2:09 PM
It does it over and over again to one lot i play consistently. Every time I start the game & chose the lot and when i send a sim to a community lot and they come home, and somehow there is an object i don't own on the lot and it was already "removed". over and over and over ....
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 8:01 PM
I don't always get the message but all of a sudden out of no where it will pop up and then after I get the message I can't get rid of it. I don't know what it is. Even on a fresh town, completed started over. I have taken out the mods the message stays, reset cache it stays, put mods back in the message stays. I have been trying to rebuild the museum in Willow Creek into a museum & wedding venue but because of this silly message I have had to start the town over 3 or 4 times. It is driving me crazy which is a short trip.

The shore is my heart, the waves my spirit & the sea my soul.
--Areil Megan Delphinus (Skpamd)
Scholar
#16 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 2:55 AM
You may have a glitched save file. As much as you don't want to have you tried starting over with a new game?
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 3:35 AM
I've been having this issue too. On an EA house, no CC in the house, Windows 8.1 with full permissions and on a fresh save. I'm not sure why it keeps happening. It happens on other saves too. But none of my content is missing in the house when that message pops up. So I don't get it.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 11:19 PM
Glad it's not just me, but it's still very frustrating.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 1:08 PM
*pokes dead thread*

Okay Im getting this message as well. And was curious about it since I own all eps. Im wondering if this could be caused by the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat? Which lets us see and use things not normally accessible to build with. Anyone know if this might be the case?

"You are not what you do for a living."[Tyler Durden/ B. Pitt/Fight Club]
Forum Resident
#20 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 1:22 PM
I don't have the spooky pack, or whatever it's called in English, so I get this message if the lot requires that pack. It usually says the items have been replaced though and the lot loads fine. Most lots say what packs they require so you can avoid the ones that need a pack you don't have. I don't think you should get it if you own all the packs. Maybe it's to do with debug items. I have it so they're always shown.
Scholar
#21 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciablue
*pokes dead thread*

Okay Im getting this message as well. And was curious about it since I own all eps. Im wondering if this could be caused by the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat? Which lets us see and use things not normally accessible to build with. Anyone know if this might be the case?

LOL I actually never thought of the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat. You could possibly be right there, unless of course the creator has used cc that they have forgotten about and not included it in their download list.