Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 4:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
My Mods have to be seperated from each other!
(My game info = Patch 1.67 Steam / All EP + SP's installed aside from KPSTreats / All store content installed, genuine from TS3 Store.)

Hello fellow Simmers!

So my PC broke down and had to get it repaired, so I decided to start fresh with my game - a spring cleaning I guess.

My game will start fine with and without mods, but I’m having a strange issue that I’ve never had before.
So I have a folder in my packages called visual fixes. It's full of mods that mostly fix issues with in-game objects and textures. The strange thing is that if I have them all placed together in the folder, it doesn't start at all. I'm stuck on the black loading screen and can't quit the game unless I restart or log-off. But when I separate that folder into thirds, it loads absolutely fine.

I don't mind separating the mods that way if my game loads, but i'm floored as to why they will load if separated, but not together?

I may try the 50/50 method to see if there is a bad mod but I stop and wonder, if there is a bad mod, why does it load just fine? Wouldn't there have to be two different mods that maybe don't get along in the same folder?

I have made sure that my mod framework is up to date and that it's always present. It's set-up to read 5 directories in. I always delete cache files when troubleshooting and I have run the Dashboard tool to ensure there are no conflicts. (I do actually have conflicts with one of my mods but it has always been that way. People have had the same too, been advised to ignore it as it's a false flag.)
I also ensure that any mods that override anything go into my overrides folder.

So I am at a loss as to why as I have tried everything I can think of. I'm worried about this as I don't want anything else like this as it will be another two days of the 50/50 method.
(I guess them mods don't like looking at each other )

I'd be grateful for any help you can give me. Thanks.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by williame4c
if there is a bad mod, why does it load just fine? Wouldn't there have to be two different mods that maybe don't get along in the same folder?

That will probably be easier to answer once you find which mods don't play nice together.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
That will probably be easier to answer once you find which mods don't play nice together.

Hi sweetdevil.

So after about three more hours of fighting with this game, it turns out no matter what I have in my game, it will NOT start-up fine on a cold boot of the game.
I discovered this accidently by not letting Windows fully log-off. I added the mods all back together again and they will work and boot just fine, just not on the very FIRST boot of the game.
I repeated this multiple times just to make sure and it's defo the case.

So I'm even more confused as to why it will not just boot the first time, instead I have to get the game to quit by logging off and then quickly stopping that and then booting the game.

Man, I love this game but it tests me everytime I play it.

But thanks for the help sweetdevil!

(I think i'mma play TS2 for a bit to cool off, it never does this to me )
Alchemist
#4 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 2:42 PM
What do you mean by "cold boot of the game"? You mean the first time you launch it, it crashes to desktop?
Have you tried running TS3 in windowed mode (i.e. setting "Screen Size" to your monitor's resolution, but not checking "Enable Fullscreen Mode") so that you aren't forced to Ctrl-Alt-Del to close it?

What broke down in your PC? The game issues might be related to that.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#5 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 3:22 PM
Moved to game help as this isn't a creation question