Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 5:07 AM
Default "Call Script Failed" when placing CC table lamps and floor lamps
System Specs

Windows 10 ver 1511 build 10586.494
Intel 3770K I7 3.5Ghz
32GB Ram
nVidia 680 GTX

I just noticed this in the last couple of days, I guess just after the most recent patch, but when attempting to place CC floor lamps or table lamps, I get the "call script failed" error. I don't remember ever getting this particular error before, but after researching it online, it seems to affect different items at different times for different people, with some people reporting outdated mods causing their issues.

To fix the error, I:
1. removed all mods
2. cleared the caches
3. started a new game and saved it.
4. I then added back one of the CC table lamps that gave the error.

Same error.
Per your help FAQ, I then:
1. Renamed the The Sims 4 to The Sims 4 backup and let the game create a new folder
2. Created a new game with no mods whatsoever, moved a Sim in, saved the game, quit.
3. Added a different lamp from a different CC artist as the one and only mod.
4. Launched the saved game and tried to place it.

Error repeated.
Any helpful, constructive advice would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 5:27 AM
Most of the Custom Content lights are broken with the patch changes to lighting by room.
There is a batch fix if you use Sims 4 Studio under tools that will automatically fix all of your custom lights.

You will need Jackpot version 2.7.0.8

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
Most of the Custom Content lights are broken with the patch changes to lighting by room.
There is a batch fix if you use Sims 4 Studio under tools that will automatically fix all of your custom lights.

You will need Jackpot version 2.7.0.8

Thank you for the speedy feedback, and excellent to know it's been isolated. I'll research the studio program.