Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 7:40 PM
Default New to Sims 4 - Where to start (Mods, patches etc)
Hello. Because of the free launch of the base game, I was thinking of giving TS4 a chance (normally play TS3 but most familiar with TS2). But I wondering, where to start?

I'm not talking about playing the actual game, but rather things to set it up like patches, mods. programs and such. Any suggestion whether you need mods like you did in TS2, for base game only. ?

I dont want to just randomly download stuff when I dont know how the TS4 mechanism work.

Sorry if there is threads like this, but I couldnt find any and not sure if which category this belong to. Its technically not help, but rather asking how people started playing TS4.

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 3:20 AM
For me the equivalent of Nrass' Error Trap, etc. in Sims 3, with Sims 4 would be the MC Command Center. It runs in the background and you don't have to muck with it unless you please/the game screws up.

As far as non-utility mods go, I generally like to play without them before I figure out what I want to change. As far as CC, you probably know if you're a CC pack rat or not (guilty as charged, personally).
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Nov 2022 at 9:10 PM
Old discussion but if you don't have this mod already it's a must have. It helps your sims quit pausing for prolonged periods in between actions.

https://modthesims.info/d/627246/si...-unclogger.html
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 4:35 PM
Hey I know this is an old discussion but I'd also recommend https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/ for any annoying things sims do that mccc doesn't cover.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 1:18 PM
If you start your game using Origin, it usually automatically updates (patches) your game. You may have to set it to do so.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
For me the equivalent of Nrass' Error Trap, etc. in Sims 3, with Sims 4 would be the MC Command Center. It runs in the background and you don't have to muck with it unless you please/the game screws up.

Can't vouch for MC Command Center enough—it is essential.

Quote: Originally posted by clumsycowplant
Old discussion but if you don't have this mod already it's a must have. It helps your sims quit pausing for prolonged periods in between actions.

https://modthesims.info/d/627246/si...-unclogger.html

Ye, TS4 has a serious problem with this issue; sadly, this mod didn't work for me last time I tried but I suspect it's bc I use an older version of the game and possibly with outdated mods. Perusing through that topic, I noticed someone suggested a corrupt save file could also be to blame so I may try messing with that and try it again. Good suggestion, if the mod works it's also essential, imo.

Glad to see people giving TS4 the chance it deserves, I wish you well topic creator. It took a few years before TS4 grew on me and became my favorite of the series, as well as some choice mods by some incredibly talented people. Just try to have an imagination and kind of make your own fun and objectives with it. If all else fails, look into some of the uh, other really popular mods out there and see if that doesn't do the trick.

smash that disagree button fam, red's my favorite color