Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life (Updated 2009/01/09) - Made IKEA clock fully usable

by Lord Darcy Posted 31st Aug 2008 at 10:41 AM - Updated 18th Nov 2011 at 1:06 PM by Lord Darcy : v1.05: Made IKEA clock fully usable. Fixed New Year's Party Phone Call in all languages.

78 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 16th May 2009 at 10:46 AM
Im slightly confused...do I have to put this fix in each of the specified folders that you wrote (downloads folder,bin, and overrides)???Please help and thanks in advanced
Banned
THANKS POST
#52 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 5:34 PM
lol thank you alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have m&g but to tell you the truth. from the begening when i installed my expansions-stuff packs alot of the stuff promised where not showed. (not only objects also functions) the worst was with the newest EP`s that came out after OFB, the menu sell was several options deleted. (maybe this mistakes where on the spanish version only since all my EP/SP are in spanish) now with your patch all the objects promised appear and some (if not all) those lost functions come back. so THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
you make me love the game 200% again.
#53 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 8:25 PM
I have *SOME* of your earlier fixes that this includes already installed, and I just installed Apartment Life. When I install this, how important is it that I root out and remove the earlier fixes?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 4:28 PM Last edited by marie2sims : 29th Jan 2010 at 10:16 PM.
I've got the Best of Business Collection. The game runs off the BoB disk, which seems to imply it's the highest level EP, but the start-up screen says Mansion and Gardens. I've installed all the Bins, Skins and Overrides files into M&G(\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins or Skins and \TSData\Res\Overrides), but now that I've added the BoB collection, I'm wondering whether I should install these there? Which one is the highest?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 9:42 AM
Exactly which EPs/SPs do you have? BoB and M&G?

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 5:12 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! I've got the regular base game plus Nightlife, Family Fun SP, Pets, Seasons, Freetime, Mansion & Garden and Best of Business Collection (which includes OFB, H&M SP, and K&B SP). The game runs off the BoB disk, but seems to run M&G since it is on the start-up splash screen, along with the scroll at the bottom from M&G (reticulating splines one last time, etc). I've had some problems since installing these last two (BoB and M&G) and have done the FAQ and have just un/re-installed everything last night up to the BoB reinstall. Will get to that today. All my user stuff is on my desktop, and I need to know whether to put these into BoB or M&G. Thank you so much for your help!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 12:32 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 4th Feb 2010 at 1:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by marie2sims
I need to know whether to put these into BoB or M&G.

As I don't have BoB disk, I'm not 100% sure, but if EA built their new collection packs in the same way as their previous packs like Deluxe or Double Deluxe, you should put this fix in M&G folder.

Put it in M&G folder and see whether Teens and Elders can change/plan outfits in H&M clothing booth. Also check K&B trash compactor whether it has "Compost Contents" function or not. I highly doubt EA fixed these bugs in BoB.

Update: Put it in BoB Folder. Thanks to marie2sims for testing and feedback.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 1:40 AM
Ok, I've tried this mod (the bins and overrides files) first in M&G and then in BoB. Surprisingly, it lacked the composting function on the K&B compactor while the mod was in M&G. The cheapest base game compactor had that feature. When these mods were placed in BoB instead, the composting function was there for the K&B compactor as well. I didn't try the H&M changing booth, but I think the results will be similar. Thanks for your help!
Test Subject
#59 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 1:27 PM
Hey i have problem, i have installed everything like i was supossed to, but it still doesn't work! I have Seasons, University, AL, Bon Voyage, Nightlife, Open for Business H&M, Holiday and Teen Accesoires. Im getting really desperate here, do you have any idea how to fix it properly?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 1:15 PM
Thank u , love it !!! <3333
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#61 Old 25th May 2011 at 11:19 AM
I have installed this before because I have IKEA and AL and M&G. Thank you, it's great that we can use the stuff pack items to their full capacity

Now I'm gonna install Teen Style, H&M and Kitchen & Bath stuff packs into my game. I was just wondering, if this fix will automatically work for them when I install them, or should I remove the files before installing the stuff packs and put them in later.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 25th May 2011 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spikesminx
I was just wondering, if this fix will automatically work for them when I install them, or should I remove the files before installing the stuff packs and put them in later.

No need to remove the fix, it will automatically work for them.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#63 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 6:36 AM Last edited by HarVee : 17th Nov 2011 at 6:49 AM.
Thanks for this.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#64 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 8:19 PM
I have BoB (along with M&G and AL).

Which Bins folder in BoB would the one file go in? The one for EP3, SP5, or SP7? Or does it matter?
Test Subject
#65 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 9:15 PM
Hi, I was wondering where I should put the Bins and Overrides files. I have Double Deluxe, University Life Collection, Best of Business Collection, Fun with Pets Collection, Seasons, BonVoyage, Freetime, Apartment Life. Since the game runs from the Fun with Pets Collection disc (where M&G is included) would that be the correct folder? I'm afraid to try it without knowing what I could screw up if I put it in the wrong place. Thank you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#66 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 6:48 PM
Thank you! That useless red clock was driving me crazy, along with other stuff. :)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#67 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 12:07 PM
This is, IMHO, a must-have mod for any Sims 2 player. Thanks for correcting EAxis's stupid mistakes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 8:25 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 8:17 PM
Thank you ! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#70 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:08 AM
Thank you
Just 1 question, I put the files in the specific folders you wrote for those who have AL and/or M&G but I'll eventually install Free Time after I have already installed AL and M&G, will this mod still work or will I have to change the place of the files in order for it to work with Free Time installed? :s
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 5:45 PM
I still have an issue with the IKEA Tv. I came back to this page to confirm if I had everything installed correctly, and I have, but my IKEA tv appears weird, like, it doesn't have the red box things and the tv doesn't have the grey body, just the screen appears. I don't know how to explain very well, but did anybody else also have this problem? If so, how do I fix this? :s
Test Subject
#72 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 8:34 PM
Okay, so this maybe a bit late to ask but, I grabbed The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection when they gave it out to people who owned any of the Previous TS2 EPs and the Base game. Where am I putting Bin and Override Packages? Anyone know, I see that Lord Darcy hasn't logged in for a while (The warning) but anyone with experience know?
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 12:00 AM
Unfortunately, I have the same IKEA TV issue as emodarkwolf. Moreover, your fix conflicts with CEP file (_EnableColorOptionsGMND). When I load game with only one of these files TV looks normal. When both files are in downloads, it looks weird. Can somebody help me?
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by N_Fluen$e
Unfortunately, I have the same IKEA TV issue as emodarkwolf. Moreover, your fix conflicts with CEP file (_EnableColorOptionsGMND). When I load game with only one of these files TV looks normal. When both files are in downloads, it looks weird. Can somebody help me?

Oohhh, so the problem is mod conflict :s

Quote: Originally posted by Kaelem Gaen
Okay, so this maybe a bit late to ask but, I grabbed The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection when they gave it out to people who owned any of the Previous TS2 EPs and the Base game. Where am I putting Bin and Override Packages? Anyone know, I see that Lord Darcy hasn't logged in for a while (The warning) but anyone with experience know?

I don't know, sorry :c
Page 3 of 4