Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jeans Shaker Oasis

by Sokisims Posted 14th Jan 2021 at 3:24 AM - Updated 3rd Dec 2023 at 8:08 PM by Sokisims

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 6:59 AM
Looks very interesting, I can't wait to try it out!

The names show up properly with one exception... The original Cassidy seems to have gone by Manuel in her life. This makes for an interesting twist.
(Haven't checked the graveyard yet, my guess is you missed the dead sims.)

HoodChecker also reports a problem with Cassidy 09's grave, see attached picture.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 7:15 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 14th Jan 2021 at 7:42 AM.
How weird, I thought I had fixed all the names, including the dead ones, maybe I forgot the original Cassidy * _ * U.

I will check it and update the file!

Above Cassidy 09's grave, it should be in the Coverdale garden. I just checked it by entering the game with the neighborhood just installed and I do not see any problem, the tomb is in place and no problem appears in hood checker. I imagine you have all the anti-corruption mods, so I don't know what your problem must be. I'll wait to see if it happens to someone else since I can't get that error and everything has been done in a fairly clean way.

There are only two dead people in the hood, original Cassidy and Cassidy 09. Both in their respective houses. I built the community cemetery as something symbolic, (it is not made with much love, lol) so there is no grave in it. I was afraid of creating corruption by moving graves, so they both died where their grave is.

PD: Ovenhole, I put your post in thanks inadvertently and I don't know how to put it back in normal comment xD I'm new to using modthesims.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 4:26 PM
Awesome hood!!! I have a question though: Is Tanor a male or female? I got confused because the bio uses female pronouns.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 6:29 PM
I absolutely love love custom hoods and this one look so amazing! Gonna download it right away! Thank so much! :D
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 8:06 PM
That looks like a very interesting and creatively put together neighbourhood!
Have you thought about adding a sub-hood version?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cookietheinnocent
Awesome hood!!! I have a question though: Is Tanor a male or female? I got confused because the bio uses female pronouns.

Is a male! I think the translator went crazy and I didn't notice until now xD

Quote: Originally posted by RheiaM
I absolutely love love custom hoods and this one look so amazing! Gonna download it right away! Thank so much! :D

Thanks to you for downloading it !! I hope you have a good time and tell me everything you do ^^

Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
That looks like a very interesting and creatively put together neighbourhood!
Have you thought about adding a sub-hood version?

Hello! I don't know how to do sub-hoods, but if someone wants to do it cleanly, I give them my full permission. ^^
Forum Resident
#8 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 10:40 PM
The hood looks really interesting, although I'm sorry for being rude, but, is your first language Spanish/Portugese? There are some texts that seem like they were translated from one of those languages (or a similar one)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
The hood looks really interesting, although I'm sorry for being rude, but, is your first language Spanish/Portugese? There are some texts that seem like they were translated from one of those languages (or a similar one)

Thanks! Yes, I'm from Spain I wanted to ask you, despite some mistake in the translation, can you understand everything? As a non-English speaker I can't quite know it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 11:25 PM
Thank you! I am looking forward to checking this neighborhood out.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 12:55 PM
Thank you! The neighborhood looks amazing. I loved the desert scenario.... and even though it looks like a desert, it has so many trees that makes it even more beautiful! The style of the houses are awesome as well!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 3:11 PM
Definitely giving a try the Names are very interesting, but why not using unique Names?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 6:43 PM
So much has been happening in my game that my head is spinning trying to keep up! (I haven't gotten into all of the households yet though) XD I'll try to summarize:

After I moved Cassidy #4 in, a few sims came to welcome them into town. One was Amy Brown and another was Julius Alternate. Of course, I let Cassidy talk to them both, and the things they said were... interesting. She mentioned the girl she had seen, but they both denied knowing anything despite Amy's strange stare at her. The explosion came up into conversation too while they ate PB & J (because Tanor can't cook to save his life XD). Not much was said about the explosion, unfortunately.

I tried playing the Brown family next, but couldn't figure out what to do to push the story along. So, I switched to the Alternate family (no pun intended). Julius briefly jumped on the couch, ignored his kid, and autonomously (ACR) went to Try For Baby with Aretha. Now, she's pregnant. *facepalm* Bionda spent the day trying to be a good mom, but she was still giving Ashley all the attention.

After them I went immediately to the Dimarcheio family because I wanted to find out more about the Cassidy situation. Philian talked to Amy on the phone and got a heads up on Cassidy #4. He made a deal for her to keep an eye on the girl while he decides what to do. He didn't want anyone poking around the explosion site. While that conversation was happening, I went to see what Eve and Cassidy #7 was doing. They were poking and slapping each other! I had nothing to do with it---they did that on their own, and apparently Cassidy #7 started it! o_o

They're enemies now. The doorbell rang. It was Tanor! Philian greeted him, and invited him inside. Tanor talked about science, so I assumed he must be getting whatever information he could for Cassidy #4. Philian got up to tend to something, so Tanor got up as well and briefly saw Cassidy #7 further down the hallway. She made soup for everybody. Eve was having aspiration failure in front of the fridge and cradled a flour sack baby. Jessica came home from work around this time and listened intently as Tanor talked. I assumed he must be mentioning that Cassidy #7 looked familiar. They laughed it off, but Tanor could tell something was off about Cassidy #7...

That's as far as I got! Whew! I have no idea if I'm playing the story right, but I'm having fun! I am VERY impressed by the complexity of your hood! I can tell you put a lot of effort into it!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 9:15 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 15th Jan 2021 at 9:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tamas
Thank you! I am looking forward to checking this neighborhood out.

^^ Thanks to you!!!

Quote: Originally posted by iSandor
Thank you! The neighborhood looks amazing. I loved the desert scenario.... and even though it looks like a desert, it has so many trees that makes it even more beautiful! The style of the houses are awesome as well!

Wow, thank you very much for saying that about the terrain and houses, I am still quite new to simcity4 and I decided not to give it too much thought, however, I decided to enhance what I got with the decoration of trees and rocks to give it an "oasis" tone or crater.

The houses seemed a bit ugly and disproportionate to me when I created them, so I made a drastic reduction of all and got half coherent structures xD Maybe I should have worked more in the Farmer house, I see it too big.

For me, that people with as much talent as you say that is quite a compliment!! Thanku!!

Quote: Originally posted by kaligi
Definitely giving a try the Names are very interesting, but why not using unique Names?

I've never used that mod, maybe I'll try it in the future ^^

So much has been happening in my game that my head is spinning trying to keep up! (I haven't gotten into all of the households yet though) XD I'll try to summarize:

After I moved Cassidy #4 in, a few sims came to welcome them into town. One was Amy Brown and another was Julius Alternate. Of course, I let Cassidy talk to them both, and the things they said were... interesting. She mentioned the girl she had seen, but they both denied knowing anything despite Amy's strange stare at her. The explosion came up into conversation too while they ate PB & J (because Tanor can't cook to save his life XD). Not much was said about the explosion, unfortunately.

I tried playing the Brown family next, but couldn't figure out what to do to push the story along. So, I switched to the Alternate family (no pun intended). Julius briefly jumped on the couch, ignored his kid, and autonomously (ACR) went to Try For Baby with Aretha. Now, she's pregnant. *facepalm* Bionda spent the day trying to be a good mom, but she was still giving Ashley all the attention.

After them I went immediately to the Dimarcheio family because I wanted to find out more about the Cassidy situation. Philian talked to Amy on the phone and got a heads up on Cassidy #4. He made a deal for her to keep an eye on the girl while he decides what to do. He didn't want anyone poking around the explosion site. While that conversation was happening, I went to see what Eve and Cassidy #7 was doing. They were poking and slapping each other! I had nothing to do with it---they did that on their own, and apparently Cassidy #7 started it! o_o

They're enemies now. The doorbell rang. It was Tanor! Philian greeted him, and invited him inside. Tanor talked about science, so I assumed he must be getting whatever information he could for Cassidy #4. Philian got up to tend to something, so Tanor got up as well and briefly saw Cassidy #7 further down the hallway. She made soup for everybody. Eve was having aspiration failure in front of the fridge and cradled a flour sack baby. Jessica came home from work around this time and listened intently as Tanor talked. I assumed he must be mentioning that Cassidy #7 looked familiar. They laughed it off, but Tanor could tell something was off about Cassidy #7...

That's as far as I got! Whew! I have no idea if I'm playing the story right, but I'm having fun! I am VERY impressed by the complexity of your hood! I can tell you put a lot of effort into it!

I have really enjoyed reading your first glimpses of the neighborhood!!^^ I find it so curious that Amy and Julius were the sims chosen to welcome Tanor (In many families there is no welcome, but I took advantage of the fact that Tanor's was still in force in case something similar to what you are saying happened!) Really, what those two go sniffing around, it's perfect for the story xD

Regarding the Browns, I suppose it is a question of letting time pass and deciding if Titiana should continue having romantic adventures being discovered or not by her family ... Amy is also quite opposite in personality with Cassidy 05, so forced adoption might not succeed. Gary could try to meet his father. Amy and Sophie's relationship is not all bad, but they tend to get on badly with the opportune coincidences, maybe it would be funny if both ended up single in the house when their parents are gone. There are really things thought out and others I leave to the taste of the player.

About the Alternate, I think it is a good idea to have another child, in my tests, Aretha always got pregnant xD HAHAHA It's cruel, but it's funny that parents pay more attention to some children in the sims xD I've laughed a lot about that Ashley and Teodora.

About the Dimarcheios, I am glad to have put the photos of the explosion in their album, at first they would go in the Cassidy's 04 album, but I thought that if she had to be transferred they would be difficult to see, and you have precisely gone to Dimarcheio to see more about that, logical! XD I also thought of a deal with those involved, so I really like that you yourself have imagined that when seeing their way of relating. It seems that Cassidy 07 does not get along with Eve, and Eve also does not seem willing to accept a clone of her beloved dead niece ...

I love that you use Tanor as someone who helps 04!

I'm so glad you're having fun, I'm amazed that everything is coming out so coherent and your interpretations are so spot on, which is great!

I see that I forgot to put a coherent amount of money to the Proieto, Rosales and Affaire families from the family drawer, you will have to use familyfunds if you want to acquire the furnished apartments. You could also make Cassidy 04 Proieto have only 1000 dollars before moving in with Tanor. I'll fix that. Luckily, as it doesn't influence the story, you can fix it yourself like this or using motherlode in the case of the apartments.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 5:45 PM
This is really amazing and intricate, thank you so much ! Can I ask, what is the inspiration behind the name of the neighborhood ?
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 8:54 PM
It looks amazing! Can't wait to try it out. Is there a way to get more townies?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
^^ Thanks to you!!!

Wow, thank you very much for saying that about the terrain and houses, I am still quite new to simcity4 and I decided not to give it too much thought, however, I decided to enhance what I got with the decoration of trees and rocks to give it an "oasis" tone or crater.

The houses seemed a bit ugly and disproportionate to me when I created them, so I made a drastic reduction of all and got half coherent structures xD Maybe I should have worked more in the Farmer house, I see it too big.

For me, that people with as much talent as you say that is quite a compliment!! Thanku!!

I've never used that mod, maybe I'll try it in the future ^^

I have really enjoyed reading your first glimpses of the neighborhood!!^^ I find it so curious that Amy and Julius were the sims chosen to welcome Tanor (In many families there is no welcome, but I took advantage of the fact that Tanor's was still in force in case something similar to what you are saying happened!) Really, what those two go sniffing around, it's perfect for the story xD

Regarding the Browns, I suppose it is a question of letting time pass and deciding if Titiana should continue having romantic adventures being discovered or not by her family ... Amy is also quite opposite in personality with Cassidy 05, so forced adoption might not succeed. Gary could try to meet his father. Amy and Sophie's relationship is not all bad, but they tend to get on badly with the opportune coincidences, maybe it would be funny if both ended up single in the house when their parents are gone. There are really things thought out and others I leave to the taste of the player.

About the Alternate, I think it is a good idea to have another child, in my tests, Aretha always got pregnant xD HAHAHA It's cruel, but it's funny that parents pay more attention to some children in the sims xD I've laughed a lot about that Ashley and Teodora.

About the Dimarcheios, I am glad to have put the photos of the explosion in their album, at first they would go in the Cassidy's 04 album, but I thought that if she had to be transferred they would be difficult to see, and you have precisely gone to Dimarcheio to see more about that, logical! XD I also thought of a deal with those involved, so I really like that you yourself have imagined that when seeing their way of relating. It seems that Cassidy 07 does not get along with Eve, and Eve also does not seem willing to accept a clone of her beloved dead niece ...

I love that you use Tanor as someone who helps 04!

I'm so glad you're having fun, I'm amazed that everything is coming out so coherent and your interpretations are so spot on, which is great!

I see that I forgot to put a coherent amount of money to the Proieto, Rosales and Affaire families from the family drawer, you will have to use familyfunds if you want to acquire the furnished apartments. You could also make Cassidy 04 Proieto have only 1000 dollars before moving in with Tanor. I'll fix that. Luckily, as it doesn't influence the story, you can fix it yourself like this or using motherlode in the case of the apartments.

Really?! Wow! I was expecting to get it all wrong because sometimes I'm slow at catching on to things. XD I actually had been wondering if you had placed the houses strategically lol! I've started over with your last file, and I realized that there were no graves in Dimarcheio and Coverdale lots... o_o They never showed up at all even in the previous version that I started with. I downloaded and used the Urnstone Spawner on this website to bring them back, though so it's no longer an issue.
Theorist
#18 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 8:26 PM
I like how it's done and played few time with Farmer. Some noticement:
1 - any clutter placed on counter ocupies it. Farmers had no surface for make food. Also sims can't make food on corner counters without mods.
2 - Children's high chair can'be accessed when faced to table without mods.
3 - Personally I don't like those tasks like put something there and inhabit this house by this family. I play my game and build own story regardless of someone's tasks. Just my opinion. Sims can inhabit apartments in main hoods. And they are safe for share due to those fact it's just copypasting. As I know sims disappear from subhoods apartments dure to process of add them to game.
In storyline Dimarcheos did not know of clones appeared in town. How coudn't they know? those clones are live just next door. weeeird.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 8:37 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 22nd Jan 2021 at 9:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by littleEgg
This is really amazing and intricate, thank you so much ! Can I ask, what is the inspiration behind the name of the neighborhood ?

I suppose something that would look good in English and I suppose a shaker in the jeans (pants) could mean something related to wohoo, jeans, desert ... XD I don't know, I'm Spaniard. So everything is quite stereotyped xD

Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
It looks amazing! Can't wait to try it out. Is there a way to get more townies?

You can create them yourself and make them townies with Simpe. ^^

Really?! Wow! I was expecting to get it all wrong because sometimes I'm slow at catching on to things. XD I actually had been wondering if you had placed the houses strategically lol! I've started over with your last file, and I realized that there were no graves in Dimarcheio and Coverdale lots... o_o They never showed up at all even in the previous version that I started with. I downloaded and used the Urnstone Spawner on this website to bring them back, though so it's no longer an issue.

The houses are strategically placed or for convenience, but they don't always welcome the same sims. About the graves, I'm glad that solution works for you, do you use no unlink delete mod?

Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I like how it's done and played few time with Farmer. Some noticement:
1 - any clutter placed on counter ocupies it. Farmers had no surface for make food. Also sims can't make food on corner counters without mods.
2 - Children's high chair can'be accessed when faced to table without mods.
3 - Personally I don't like those tasks like put something there and inhabit this house by this family. Why should I care of families that I don't even want to play with. Just my opinion. Sims can inhabit apartments in main hoods. And they are safe for share due to those fact it's just copypasting. As I know sims disappear from subhoods apartments.
In storyline Dimarcheos did not know of clones appeared in town. How coudn't they know? those clones are live just next door? weeeird.

I want to make some arrangements about what you say in the kitchen and some objects that would be nice.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 10:02 AM
Thank you so much for this! I always love desert neiborhoods, and this neighboehood is so beautiful
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 1:56 PM
oh boy ...
you've made me run the game again oh you The Evil One!

-- thanks, great and impressive work, indeed --
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 12:29 AM
This looks so exciting ! Thank you for sharing your hard work !
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 8:14 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 8th Mar 2021 at 7:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
oh boy ...
you've made me run the game again oh you The Evil One!

-- thanks, great and impressive work, indeed --

I really wanted to be something evil XD I'm glad you like it!! ^^ don't hesitate to tell me what you do in the neighborhood, it's the most fun part of creating it!

Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
This looks so exciting ! Thank you for sharing your hard work !

I am very glad that you see the work invested, I am good at inventing stories and characters, not so much with construction, but this neighborhood has helped me to get back into practice and I feel that I am improving a lot.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 11:16 AM
Wonderful city, interesting story. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 1:05 PM
Hello !
I really want to THANK YOU for all this work done with so much love!
I have been playing your neighborhood with the want-based way for a week now and have never had fun like this!
I will post the progress of my neighborhood tonight, I took lots of screenshots to share it with you!
(Sorry for my English, I'm from France)

I really can't wait for the Service Area !
Page 1 of 3