Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gromit's Keep

by bluetexasbonnie Posted 17th Oct 2006 at 11:00 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 5:01 AM by bluetexasbonnie

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 6:14 AM
Very very good. Perfect palace for my Gothic like sims. Love it! Keep up the good work
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 8:04 AM
I was about to create a castle for my vampire sims, but it never turns out just right.

Either because I'm a perfectionist, or because I'm awkward at making buildings.

Your castle is beautiful! I'm definitely installing this to my game!
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 3:18 PM
Hi Bonnie , your Castle is amazing ! Wonderfull work !

LG Taroo
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 3:33 PM
Taroo --

Thank you for allowing me to use the beautiful creations you have at Tarox. They are just so perfect for a real, from the past, type castles. Seems like everytime I build things these days, half the file names have 'taroo' in them!

Bonnie
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 7:57 PM
Bonnie, Congrats with your featured lot. Gosh you deserve it so much. Again you've build a house that is so interesting, has so much atmosphere that you want to explore every corner. :lovestruc Your buildings are build with passion and that shows. Hats off to you

Love Jolanda
Forum Resident
#31 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 1:17 AM
Wow, this is really impressive. I think I will add it to my medieval neighborhood!

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 11:56 AM
Another great spooky lot! But this one got featured, congrats Bonnie!! So well deserved. In one word magnificent :lovestruc

Lin

~:: Check out my creations at Casa Sims and at Simnuts Creations ::~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 12:19 PM
I have a lot more fun building when I know it will be shared. So glad that y'all are enjoying the house.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 3:41 AM
Wow!

U did a really fantastic job there,I'm not much of a sim architect,n this lot is just what I need to made a gothic sim or something like that for halloween!

Thx again,u deserve to be featured,may I ask?Did u really include all cc?

Problems installing stuffs?Use Sims2Pack Clean Installer

Problems extracting stuffs?Use ALZip
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 5:15 AM Last edited by bluetexasbonnie : 21st Oct 2006 at 12:12 PM. Reason: info correction
Yes, all CC is included -- (edit) except Targa's Elevator, which must be downloaded as stated in the instructions. I appologize for not thinking of that last night. (end of edit)

Glad you like it.
Test Subject
#36 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 6:35 AM
Congratulations Bonnie, that's a really great castle

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 12:14 PM
Alceleniel --

Thank you for allowing me to share some of your wonderful creations -- they really helped set the mood and tone of the castle.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 1:51 AM
I am having problems with this keep. I have DL it twice to make sure I didnt miss anything, but it seem now looking at yourpic I am missing quite a bit. I dont have the wall around the stairs on thehill, and maybe my game se t the roofs too high by default, but mine are really high. I also seem to bemissing the roof edging things. I went and DL the eleveator but i still got regular stairs stickng outside of the tower.

For now I used the new elevaters which are big.... any ideas what I did wrong?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 4:55 AM
As to the stair vs elevator problem ... You need to have the elevator in your downloads folder prior to opening the lot for the very first time. The best thing to do at this point is to delete the lot from the neighborhood and then replace it. It should read the elevator and put it in correctly. (Those stairs sticking out sure look weird & are useless, aren't they? Need I say more than -- been there, done that.)

I'm not sure what might be the other problem. All of those are fences. If for some reason the cc fences didn't make it to the download folder, you should have seen the black wrought iron default fence subbed in. I've never heard of fences just disappearing.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 3:35 PM
I will completely delete the house and then reinstall it in the downloads folder. If it still doesnt work Ill let you know....only thing that sucks though is that i have made a few small decorating changes-lol. If your curious Ill take a screenshot of whatI have now. I also went to photobucket to see the detailed pics and noticed at least one more fence and something else I dont have either.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 5:53 PM
I would be interested in the pics. I build the lots I do to play. I really like that others play them.... and I love to shamelessly steal decor ideas from others.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:53 PM Last edited by Kimdelee : 24th Oct 2006 at 8:57 PM.
Nothing fancy in the decor changes, just used the black and red goth 4 poster bed in the master bedroom, and used the medieval toilet and black recolor of the tub you had in there. Oh and made a stairway down to the celler/dungeon. Ill go take a few quick pics now, as I have been so busy DL new stuff I havent even gone it to delete the house yet-LOL

OK well I thought I had this worked out, but I guess I didn't. Let me first start by showing you the tweaked version I redid to make it livable.

So instead of just trashing the one already in the downloads folder seeing as I had the CC stuff all put in now, I just decided to try and place it on a different lot. Figureing it would search for the items and now find them all, and everytrhing would be fine. Well, when I placed it in the neighboorhodd it looked perfect! But as soon as I entered the lot to go redo some of my decor changes....it was back to misbehaving.

So should I just go ahead and delet the package from the DL folder and install again? It doesnt seem this is what the problem is. Only that it's not finding some of the things. I didn't even think to check the EXP needed, though I do have them all.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
Kim
Field Researcher
#43 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 4:54 AM
Thx!I missed that ascension stairs,though(no wonder that there're stairs sticking out the tower,teehee...) :D

Problems installing stuffs?Use Sims2Pack Clean Installer

Problems extracting stuffs?Use ALZip
Forum Resident
#44 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 9:55 PM
Wow!!!, this 'Lot' is an amazing piece of work! - thanks for sharing!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Forum Resident
#45 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 3:42 AM
Splendidly! You have made this wonderful. I thank you for this first-class work.

My websites:
http://www.feeessen-sims-objekte.de
I also create for Sims3.!
My own Point and Click Advenzure Gamehttp://feeessen-sims-objekte.de/
Test Subject
#46 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 8:53 PM
I think this lot will be perfect to put in my new vampires vs. vampire hunters neighborhood. It's so scary!

When the kids on the street say
What's your problem girl?
And the weight of their smile gets too much for you to bare
When they all make you feel like you're a problem girl
Remember
You're no problem at all
-Rob Thomas "Problem Girl"
Field Researcher
#47 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 9:30 PM
this is insane!

wish i could download it

guess ima have to get ofb! :P

is there a possibility of seeing an unfurnished version or base game version...which ever would give access to this beatiful downloads for users with little or no expansions?

DOEreoh
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 9:48 PM
no, sorry. I'd rather build something new than try to copy something old. With the exception of McTrick, all of the creators used in this are still alive, well and active. You can go to their sites and download tons of great CC.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 12:54 AM
I love it!!

One question though - where's the mail box ?

I cant seem to find it anywhere ^^;

I love your work, especially those little things you cant see like the hidden graves under the house Top quality. Ill be looking out for more work from you in the future <3
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 4:17 AM
I don't remember. I typically put them on the front porch or very close to it. Visitors seem to go to the door closest to the mail box, so if I move it, it is usually near the front door.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Page 2 of 3