1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#926 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 8:42 PM
Default Draken Apocalypse
In the main house

Esquire Draken and his wife Renee Andrews really upset me when they got pregnant on the sly and threw off my plans! Well I got over it and little Leslie Knope Draken is an absolute joy. THEN they did it again!!

Despite 2 unplanned pregnancies & Shea having to quit his LTW job to care for his two young granddaughters, this family did pretty well.

Leslie was the 1st toddler to be potty-trained and her little sister Miranda Rights Draken was potty-trained as well.

Both girls aged up pretty well and the whole family was able to gather around Grandpa Shea as he passed on. Captain Hero Shea Johnston was 70 and is survived by his only child (Esquire) and his two granddaughters (Leslie Knope & Miranda Rights Draken)

In the spare house

Cary Couderc married Gary Walton and they were more patient and waited for me to authorize baby-making. Cary was rising quickly in the political ranks while Gary slowly pursued a career in oceanography. Cary's brother Braxton was all over the place. He was fired from his criminal career and started a job in education.

MORE BABIES ON THE WAY

Check out my Apocalypse Challenge attempt @ ditzyekko.blogspot.com
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#927 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 9:01 PM
In the main house

Leslie K. Draken (pleasure, LTW Dance) and Miranda R. Draken (pleasure, LTW ?) are both teens and busy skilling as much as they can in preparation for college HOPEFULLY.

Renee and Esquire are finally promoted to the tops of their careers lifting the EDUCATION & INTELLIGENCE restrictions. The girls can now attend school and college. We can have a maid and a nanny will come in handy soon at the Couderc-Walton household.

Esquire and Renee both take jobs in their LTW careers. Esquire in music and Renee in criminal. When she is 5 days from adult, Leslie leaves for college.

In the spare house

Braxton Couderc lost his high-ranking job in the criminal track so Cary Walton now had someone to stay home and care for her future children. She and Gary quickly welcome a daughter, although I was hoping for red-headed twin girls named Ariel & Atlantica, they produced a blonde girl named Beluga. Then Cary is promoted to the top of the POLITICS career and Braxton can try to take back his lost job. During all of this Gary Walton works the night shift saving whales or something, hence naming his daughter after a whale. Too soon after Beluga's birth, Mayor Cary delivers twin boys named Benjamin Franklin & Charles Darwin Walton. With all three adults working different shifts, the kids get plenty of attention but it was hard.

Field Researcher
#928 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 9:16 PM
Just the Spare House Update

With Leslie in college, I just popped over to take care of the 3 Walton children.

Ghosts were becoming a big problem even though there are only 3 here as opposed to like 7 at the other house. With all three kids in the same age group occasionally, we had 3 babies at one point, 3 toddlers for a few days and not a lot of sleep.

ACR kept me on my toes, both Cary & Gary are family sims and although I set their family size to 2 children and they already have 3, they kept trying to make more babies. Those two are like a couple of teenagers. Even with 3 stinky, hungry, crying children in the house, they used every unsupervised minute to sneak off to their bedroom.

All three children were potty-trained and Beluga and Darwin learned to walk. Franklin was a little bit neglected. Aside from the kids, Mayor Cary will be keeping her job since her LTW is Grilled Cheese related, her husband Gary needs one promotion to lift the Oceanography restriction and her brother Braxton is still pulling up the rear struggling with Criminal and his sorry excuse for a love life.

Editor's note - I might have Braxton Couderc hook up with Leslie Draken. They are 1st cousins once removed so fair game and they both are looking for love! It would be my 1st love match that are both descended from founder Maximous Draken.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#929 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 6:33 PM
In the Main House

Esquire achieves his LTW of Rock God and Leslie graduates college, the 1st sim to graduate since the Apocalypse began! Yay

She takes a career in Journalism and her little sister Miranda heads off to college to major in Biology and evenutally lift the Natural Science restrictions. Once Braxton finishes criminal and the Draken girls finish their careers the level 2 restrictions will be all done.

The family cat dies. As much as I don't like having pets, I don't like having more ghosts even more! Roux is now haunting and tormenting the family.

Renee achieves her LTW of Criminal Mastermind. I now have two perma platinum elders in the house. They pretty much do what they want as I'm not concerned about their wants & fears anymore.

When Miranda graduates, she brings back a boyfriend. Her Professor Christian Cox (romance, LTW 20 Woo-Hoo) gets her pregnant and they get married. Very soon after, one of Leslie's affairs also produces a pregnancy. I was hoping for a Braxon Couderc baby but I'm getting a P.T. #9 Smith baby instead. I'm very curious to see this child.

In the Spare House

Gary Walton finally lifts the Oceanography restrictions and SPRING is introduced to the residents of Strangetown for the 1st time in any of their lives.
Braxton Couderc also lifts the Criminal restrictions on his 4th try I think. This guy lost his job 3 times!!!

Beluga and her little brothers Franklin & Darwin all age into teenagers and get jobs. One of the boys is gay and the other is bi. I still don't know who the heir of this family will be. I have mods that allow same-sex couples to reproduce but I'm not sure it would be allowed by the rules of the challenge. I will investigate . IF the boys can reproduce, I will probably pick one of them. The blonde one is cuter than the red head (I'm still not sure which is which).

Field Researcher
#930 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 4:49 AM
Not a big update, I'm just so excited about my little ALIEN baby!!

Miranda and her husband Christian Cox have a normal human child named Anderson Cooper Draken AND Leslie delivered a little green girl called Dana Scully Draken

The cousins were born the same night and so will be like twins! I am smitten with Dana even though she is only a day old. She is classic alien. She has green skin and the large black eyes with red hair maybe - its hard to tell, maybe brown. I LOVE HER! Anderson is actually the heir, though, since he was born to the sister that moved in a spouse. Anderson has blue eyes and brown hair.

All the level 2 restrictions have been lifted except the ones that Leslie and Miranda are working on (Journalism & Natural Science)
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#931 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 9:29 AM
I'm thinking about starting this challenge. Looks very thought out and challenging Great job with that!
I have a few questions though. Since obviously I have to start a new neighbourhood, is it safe to remove my main neighbourhood folder from the game when I'm playing apocalypse? And I thought about removing my Downloads folder aswell, because I don't even remember how many mods I have, that affect the gameplay.
That said, I was wondering, if having shorter Uni semesters mod is allowed?It doesn't seem to give me any advantages, I just have less time to build up skills.
I also downloaded the set of mods to help with the challenge and there is also a Word document with rules that I have to follow myself. Do I understand correctly, that at first, when I start out, I have to follow all of these rules? I know the download is remembering half of the stuff for me, it still seems a lot to remember :D
Thank you, if anyone find the time to answer
Field Researcher
#932 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iireke7
That said, I was wondering, if having shorter Uni semesters mod is allowed?It doesn't seem to give me any advantages, I just have less time to build up skills.
I also downloaded the set of mods to help with the challenge and there is also a Word document with rules that I have to follow myself. Do I understand correctly, that at first, when I start out, I have to follow all of these rules? I know the download is remembering half of the stuff for me, it still seems a lot to remember :D

I don't know anything about moving neighborhoods, so I'm not even gonna touch that.

I have a few mods that probably affect my gameplay (some positively 'shorter pregnancies' and some negatively 'realistic sickness & miscarriages') but they are just the way I play so they stayed regardless. I agree with you that shorter semesters really only hurts your skilling and friending abilities so wouldn't be cheating. Anyway besides the founder, you won't be going to college for a few generations (have to unlock Education, Law Enforcement, Military, ....) I personally use the Semester Tester not to help with grades but just to end the semester once the grades are good. College is TOO LONG. College sucks.

Anyway GOOD LUCK and keep us posted.

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#933 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iireke7
I'm thinking about starting this challenge. Looks very thought out and challenging Great job with that!
I have a few questions though. Since obviously I have to start a new neighbourhood, is it safe to remove my main neighbourhood folder from the game when I'm playing apocalypse? And I thought about removing my Downloads folder aswell, because I don't even remember how many mods I have, that affect the gameplay.

You can remove your neighborhood's N### folder, but you do not have to. As long as you don't load that neighborhood when you have the apox mods installed, nothing will change in your main hood. I would recommend removing your normal Downloads folder and using a special Apox only Downloads folder, and if you do this, it is important that you don't accidentally load your real neighborhood, because it's counting on having a lot of CC that you've taken out. Shorter UNI is allowed. Yes, you must follow all the rules at the beginning. As you lift each career, you throw away that rule's restrictions. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#934 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 6:17 AM
Thank you both for answering I'll better move my main neighbourhood folder, just in case :D
One last quick question. What seasons am I supposed to start with? In music I guess it was said that I have to set it to only winter, but somewhere before that said that spring is now allowed.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#935 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 3:51 PM
You can have whatever seasons you like during Uni before the event, but as soon as you 'start' your apox, then it's winter all the way. Once you lift Ocean, you may include up to 2 springs, but not before.
Lab Assistant
#936 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 10:22 PM
@Phaenoh which NPC is the best fot chapter 3? xD
Because i gave everyone all jobs from chapter 2 and i lifted inteligence so i want to marry NPCs because they are more skilled than Townies
retired moderator
Original Poster
#937 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 11:49 PM
I can't tell you who is best. It all depends on how your own game is going. You'll have to decide for yourself.
Lab Assistant
#938 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I can't tell you who is best. It all depends on how your own game is going. You'll have to decide for yourself.

So exeminators and Professors
Lab Assistant
#939 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 1:14 PM
and soon i will make a family tree of my Apocalypse Families
Instructor
#940 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 7:48 PM
I'm finally getting started with this after putting it off. My poor Sim is aiming for the Culinary career... here's hoping she makes it though D:
Lab Assistant
#941 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 4:14 AM Last edited by rainydayz179 : 30th Jan 2016 at 6:21 PM.
Hello all! I'm loving this challenge so far. Although, I could live without the roaches! I have 2 questions. 1. The school bus keeps coming every day, I have to cancel the action to go to school. Should I download a mod to stop the bus or will that conflict with the apocalypse mods? 2. I know only the "heir" can have children and the spouse can lift a restriction but can your spare marry and the husband/wife just not work? I'm pretty sure the answer is no but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask! I'm doing posts on my blog for this challenge, is it okay for me to link to the posts here?

Sims Blog: Stormy Dayz Gamez
retired moderator
Original Poster
#942 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 4:41 PM
Yes, you may download a bus stopping mod. Your spares may not marry someone into the household. Once you lift Law, you may move the spares out and then they may marry and their spouses may lift restrictions too.

You may post links to your blog, as long as you give a short summary in your posts here as to what we'll read about if we follow the link.
Example: "I just lifted Culinary and we had twins! See more here --> (link)"
Lab Assistant
#943 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 10:35 PM Last edited by rainydayz179 : 30th Jan 2016 at 11:23 PM.
Mine is tiered. You need to do each level before the next.

I'm sorry about all the questions. I did read the entire thread so you'd think I wouldn't be so confused. I have lifted culinary and medical, does this mean that I still need to lift security dog and military before anyone else can get a tier 2 job?

Children and teenagers may not build skill with objects that do not also raise fun.

Is there anything that they can do other than play chess or the violin that skills while raising fun??? With the roach infestation I am at a loss how to keep them busy and away from the darned roaches! I have them play chess all day and both of them have already maxed logic.

Teen jobs are restricted even further. Its really just not safe enough out for teens to go by themselves. They may join the military, but if they want to be in medical or culinary, they may only take that job if one of the adults in the house also has that job.

Does this mean I can get the mom a job in the military so that the teenage son can also get a job in the military even though she has already had a job in culinary that she lifted the restrictions for?

Field Researcher
#944 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 4:56 AM
It feels like a lot has happened.

ALL LEVEL ONE & LEVEL TWO RESTRICTIONS LIFTED except Journalism & Natural Science

In the main household (Esquire, Renee, Leslie, Miranda, Christian)

Sisters Leslie and Miranda gave birth to their 1st children in the same night. Leslie is the mother of an alien hybrid - a little red head named Dana Scully Draken :lovestruc I love that little Dana Scully Draken has RED HAIR! Unexpected and awesome :lovestruc . Miranda and her husband Christian are the parents of a little boy - the heir named Anderson Cooper Draken. Very soon after the babies are born, Leslie is promoted to Media Magnate lifting the JOURNALISM restrictions. She then takes a job in the DANCE career track and moves in with her newest boyfriend - her distant cousin Braxton Hicks Couderc. Miranda and Christian welcome a 2nd son and name him Atom Cox Draken (a nod to Miranda's career track). Both parents excel and work and Miranda is promoted to Ecological Guru before Atom's 5th birthday. Christian is not far behind and should be promoted the next time he works.

In the Couderc/Walton household (Braxton, Cary, Gary)

Teenage Beluga has her 1st kiss with elder neighbor Blair Mace (the boyfriend of her Great Grand Aunt Telsa Draken) and they get pregnant accidentally while I am trying to find little brother Darwin's homework. Blair and Beluga's raven haired daughter is named Cher (named after Christian Cox's career track). When Cher is a toddler, Beluga and the twins go to college and she is left with Grandpa Gary, Grandma Cary, and Great Uncle Braxton. Braxton grows tired of watching his sister and her children have families and decides to go out and do the same. He moves into his own house and marries his distant cousin Leslie Knope Draken. When Beluga and the boys return from college they all get fairly good jobs and Franklin even brings back a love interest. As the most attractive child, Franklin is allowed to marry his boyfriend Jake Barrett and I look forward to their little biological cuties.

In the Couderc/Draken household (Braxton & Leslie)

Braxton and Leslie marry and Leslie brings her school-age daughter Dana. Very soon after the wedding, Braxton and Leslie have a daughter of their own. Laila Ali Couderc is named for the career that is most likely to be unlocked next.

Field Researcher
#945 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 5:03 AM Last edited by DitzyEkko : 31st Jan 2016 at 5:42 AM.
I have completed the Level 2 Tier

I made a family tree in paint but its too large to upload here. I thought the families might be getting a little hard to follow. I have three houses going now and too many kids. I might have enough new adults (Christian Cox, Beluga, Franklin, Darwin, & Jake Barrett) and their children (Anderson, Atom, Dana, Laila, & Cher) to lift the rest of the restrictions already

The main household descends from Justice Draken...Christian is heir Miranda Draken's husband. They have two boys - Anderson & Atom

The 1st spare house descends from Liberty Draken (Justice's twin sister)...Beluga, Franklin, & Darwin are Cary Couderc & Gary Walton's kids. Jake is Franklin's husband. Cher Walton is Beluga's daughter.

The 2nd spare house descends from BOTH Liberty & Justice (Liberty's son Braxton married Justice's granddaughter Leslie)...Dana Draken (dau of P.T. #9 Smith) & Laila Couderc (daughter of Braxton Couderc) are Leslie Draken's children.

retired moderator
Original Poster
#946 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 2:41 PM
You can get them the tier 2 jobs, but even if they get to the top, tier 2 restrictions can't be removed until all of tier 1 is lifted.
For very serious kids, reading books is fun.
No, teens may join the military without parental supervision.

Quote: Originally posted by rainydayz179
I'm sorry about all the questions. I did read the entire thread so you'd think I wouldn't be so confused. I have lifted culinary and medical, does this mean that I still need to lift security dog and military before anyone else can get a tier 2 job?

Is there anything that they can do other than play chess or the violin that skills while raising fun??? With the roach infestation I am at a loss how to keep them busy and away from the darned roaches! I have them play chess all day and both of them have already maxed logic.

Does this mean I can get the mom a job in the military so that the teenage son can also get a job in the military even though she has already had a job in culinary that she lifted the restrictions for?
Lab Assistant
#947 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 3:31 PM
Thank you for your responses. I had assumed completely wrong and now the story-line in my head is messed up. I'll have to re-think this. But on the bright side I finally published a few chapters of my apocalypse challenge on my blog! Yay!

Chapter 1.0 is called Building the Apocalypse. I have there links to all the mods and custom content that I used. A lot of it I found from this forum. You can check it out here.

Chapter 1.1 is called OMG Zombies! It is the college years-lifting culinary. You can read all about Alaya's adventures here.

Field Researcher
#948 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 4:45 PM
You can get them the tier 2 jobs, but even if they get to the top, tier 2 restrictions can't be removed until all of tier 1 is lifted.
For very serious kids, reading books is fun.
No, teens may join the military without parental supervision.

Reading is not allowed until some books are published by a family member, right?

Lab Assistant
#949 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 5:17 PM
Default Klondike Apocalypse Family tree
Hello everyone,i made a family tree of my Apoc. challenge

Look here: http://prntscr.com/9x9jbj

Careers in in yellow are lifted
Red-Chapter I
Green-Chapter 2
retired moderator
Original Poster
#950 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DitzyEkko
Reading is not allowed until some books are published by a family member, right?
Reading is restricted, but skilling from a book is allowed IF the sim is getting fun from it, which Serious sims can get. You'll have to check to make sure your sim is having fun.
Page 38 of 43