Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2>TS3 Aquabox Five-Gallon Aquarium Conversion

by Menaceman44 Posted 4th Nov 2012 at 4:29 PM - Updated 2nd Feb 2013 at 8:58 PM by Menaceman44 : text corrections

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 2:14 PM
How strange. When I directed my tester Sim to view the tank he would either stand idle or cheer. I never saw him boo it.

As for the Maid/Butler feeding issue, have you confirmed it doesn't happen with the original tank? I don't use that mod. Did you try the tank on another lot to see if it still occured?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 4:42 PM
I will check these things as soon as I can and tell you how the sims and NPCs react!

(I'll be not at home until tomorrow so I can't try now - but I will asap)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 12:05 AM
Thanks Much better than the little fish bowl ^-^
And it's pretty... -w-
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 6:35 AM
You are amazing! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 6:14 PM
Sooo, I've had time to test it now: The feed & watch-loop didn't occur again, neither for the single fish bowl, nor your tank. But the "booing" still happens, no matter which Sim/NPC is looking at your tank. I just don't know why! D:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugarkitten
Sooo, I've had time to test it now: The feed & watch-loop didn't occur again, neither for the single fish bowl, nor your tank. But the "booing" still happens, no matter which Sim/NPC is looking at your tank. I just don't know why! D:

Thanks for getting back to me. I really can't think of a reason the Sims would boo it. So long as it's not game breaking and the cleaning loop was just a one-off.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 7:56 PM
Wow, thank you so much for all your hard work in making this! I can't really afford stuff packs or buying store stuff, but ever since I heard that aquariums could hold fish and even breed them, I've really wanted to have one. So I am really excited to see this! THANK YOU :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 9:05 PM
Thanks so much for doing this! I only had the base game fish bowl, so this will look much nicer. I will finally have a good home for my pirahna
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#34 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 9:40 PM
::nab:: --I already have High-End Loft Stuff installed, but the Sims 2 tank is a welcome alternative to the included one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 3:45 AM
How many fish fit in the aquarium?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Villucia
How many fish fit in the aquarium?

If you have no mods in your game then the default is 6 fish, the same as the original HELS tank.
Any mod designed to increase the number of fish allowed in the HELS tank will also effect this tank.

Field Researcher
#37 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 8:02 PM
I downloaded this before with patch .22, unfortunately, it wasn't showing up. I am gonna try now that I have .48. If it still doesn't show, I will return and let you know.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#38 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 1:22 AM
Hoorah for the fishies! And yeah this is probably a 100+ gallon tank, going by the size.

I'm off to download the mod to up the # of fishies the tank will hold now, now that I have confirmation that that should work.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=390029

This is working fine in my game. Thank you for the conversion.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 7:23 PM
Thanks so much. I really wish they included a large fish tank in the base game, but this is nice.
Test Subject
#40 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 10:14 AM Last edited by Simulus : 18th Mar 2013 at 10:35 AM.
This fish tank is working in my game, but the mod listed in several other posts to increase the # of fish in the tank does not

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=390029 - not working, reportedly hasn't been working for quite some time. Is there another of which you are aware, or does anybody know if it's possible to tune just the capacity via Twallan's Retuner?

EDIT: never mind - the tank DOES show a Feed interaction. Obviously I just don't check it enough (I had asked if it could be added but it's already there).

So the tank is already extra great.

Now if I can just find something that works that will let me increase the capacity. Thanks for doing this.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 10:30 PM
Did you rebuy your fish tanks? One of the posts further up the other thread says that it doesn't affect tanks that already exist in game and that it will only affect newly bought ones.
That is the mod I have in my game and I thought it was still working for me but I must admit I haven't been playing houses with large fish tanks in them recently.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 4:03 PM
I can't see in my game
Help me, please!
I want the fish tank *-*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmiiii
I can't see in my game
Help me, please!
I want the fish tank *-*

I see this is your first post here on MTS. Have you downloaded custom content into your game before? If not then you may like to take a look at this help article> http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS3_CC_Basics

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 3:40 PM
Hey! You mentioned a mod that affects the amount of fish you can put in a fishtank? I've been looking for one of those!! EA/Maxis don't allow you to put enough fish in (IMO). Where can I find that mod?
Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IndigoKarin
Hey! You mentioned a mod that affects the amount of fish you can put in a fishtank? I've been looking for one of those!! EA/Maxis don't allow you to put enough fish in (IMO). Where can I find that mod?
Thanks!

Here> http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=390029

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 11:07 PM
Fish tank or blow i take the tank
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 8:33 PM
I like it thanks Nice Job !!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 2:51 AM
although I like the idea and it looks great but in reality it would be at least a 20 to a 25 gallon aquarium not a 10 gallon, but terrific job.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kece
although I like the idea and it looks great but in reality it would be at least a 20 to a 25 gallon aquarium not a 10 gallon, but terrific job.

LOL.
You'll have to blame EA for that one. I just took the name from their original TS2 version.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 5:57 AM
will starfish from showtime show up?
all fish tanks from ea don't show starfish except the fish bowl.
Page 2 of 4