Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dream Wedding - Flowers

by heaven Posted 6th Mar 2014 at 10:38 AM - Updated 8th Sep 2016 at 8:26 PM by heaven

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 7:50 AM
this is beautiful, can't wait
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 3:52 AM
Love this mod thank you soooo much!!!
Field Researcher
#28 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 4:10 AM
This is not working for me. I put the files in my packages folder first and then i tried my overrides folder but I don't get an option to change the colors of the flowers.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nightstar
This is not working for me. I put the files in my packages folder first and then i tried my overrides folder but I don't get an option to change the colors of the flowers.

This may sound like a silly question, but did you purchase the set from the store yourself? Or did you get it elsewhere?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#30 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 10:52 PM
Hi, Heaven, I have the same issue as Nightstar. Your gorgeous overrides don't work in my game. Its fully patched and I have all eps and sps installed. The wedding set was purchased and downloaded (by me) from the store.

I tried with the files in "Overrides", then in "Packages", "Hacks". But nothing happens.

Have you any idea? Maybe I am doing something wrong. Otherwise everything in my Mods folder is working fine.

Anyway, Thank you so much for spoiling us with this gorgeous set.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 3rd May 2014 at 11:41 PM Last edited by lizbethbear : 4th May 2014 at 12:15 AM.
I'm having the same problem with the romanza flowers. I have the set installed normally, its not bootlegged or anything. But I don't get the option to recolor the flowers on any of them. I do however get the option to recolor the flowers on the master suite roses, haven't tried the other yet.

Edit: Also the file for the romanza garland broke the flower in my game. It was all weird and texture less like a semi garland shaped blob of chocolate. I deleted the override for this flower and now the garland is back to normal. In game the name is festoon to the honeymoon or something.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 4th May 2014 at 2:31 AM
Try clearing your caches before going in game. I'm using all of these in my game and they all work just fine. I have occasionally gotten the "blob of chocolate" thing on some of them, for some reason but newly bought and placed ones are fine. You might just need to replace previously placed versions with new ones. If even newly purchased ones do not give you the option to recolor, unfortunately I can't even begin to guess what the issue may be.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#33 Old 7th May 2014 at 11:36 PM Last edited by heaven : 8th May 2014 at 1:21 AM. Reason: Double Post
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Try clearing your caches before going in game. I'm using all of these in my game and they all work just fine. I have occasionally gotten the "blob of chocolate" thing on some of them, for some reason but newly bought and placed ones are fine. You might just need to replace previously placed versions with new ones. If even newly purchased ones do not give you the option to recolor, unfortunately I can't even begin to guess what the issue may be.

Yeah they do all start out as blobs of chocolate when they are previously placed, or when I plop a lot down from my bin. But on the romanza garland even newly placed ones are blobs, I restarted my game several times, cleared my caches and everything. Had to take the file for that one out, and the other romanza ones, even freshly placed do not have any recoloring options. Are you sure you uploaded the right files? I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I'll be satisfied just to hear that anyone has downloaded the romanza flowers and its working in their game.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th May 2014 at 1:25 AM
I'm currently trying to figure out the issue. I am using them in my game and have had no issues. I've also checked the files and compared what I have in the upload to what I have installed in my game and they are exactly the same. I'm really at a loss because they should be working. I'll keep looking into it and see about getting some other testers to confirm whether they work or not.

I took this picture just now to make sure they were working and they are. So frustrating! http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...reenshot-58.jpg

I hope you all can bear with me.

Instructor
#35 Old 8th May 2014 at 3:28 AM
Oi!
I tested the flowers myself in a fully clean game and I can confirm they all work for me very well. I can CAST them and everything.

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Field Researcher
#36 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:01 PM
Fabulous idea. Thanks so much for making my weddings customizable to what I would like. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 3:11 AM
Hello heaven! This is a great mod. I don't know what my weddings would be without it. I have my game patched to 1.67. These work great. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 7:32 AM
I have been looking for these flowers for so long. Thank you so much for sharing this download.
Instructor
#39 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 7:44 AM
Thanks so much for doing this Heaven. The Sims Team's penchant for pink flowers (and worse, pink and blue combos) was really limiting.

About the store set flowers not working/turning into chocolate, this happened to me at first and I figured out it was due to the fact that I had recatogorised the originals in S3PE to show up in plants instead of misc. deco. Once I took out my override files these worked fine, but then they go back to cluttering up the misc. deco section again which I can't stand.
Any chance you could re-upload them with altered sort function flags?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 12:15 AM
I too am having the "Blob" issue with the garland.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:47 PM
These look Perfect for my Sims upcoming wedding!!! I can't Wait To Try Them Out!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:16 PM
ty
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:32 PM
I totally like it and had searched for something like this for a while :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 8:39 AM
thanks
Test Subject
#45 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 5:18 PM
Mod doesn't work for me. I also have the garland problem (it's brown and weirdly shaped, like there's no texture map at all). I'm using the latest patch and have all expansions except for Into the Future (I have it, but it's not installed because I really don't like it that much). I do have the Romanza set installed as a .package (I do that with most of my content for various reasons). Would that make a difference?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyMacGuffin
Mod doesn't work for me. I also have the garland problem (it's brown and weirdly shaped, like there's no texture map at all). I'm using the latest patch and have all expansions except for Into the Future (I have it, but it's not installed because I really don't like it that much). I do have the Romanza set installed as a .package (I do that with most of my content for various reasons). Would that make a difference?

As I mentioned above, I'm not sure what causes these to not work for some people. I do not install my store content as packages so I cannot confirm whether that may be the issue or not. To test, maybe try downloading the sims3pack from the store again and installing as sims3packs to see if that fixes the issue? I'm sorry that you're having issues though.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 4:13 PM
Thanks. I'll give it a go. I just thought I'd suggest the package thing as that's the only thing I can think of that might be the issue. I'll do some testing as time allows and report back if I figure anything out, though!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 11:43 PM Last edited by CerezaDeliciosa : 27th Nov 2016 at 10:34 PM.
Muchas gracias! Thank you! :) Act. 27-Nov-2016
Test Subject
#49 Old 7th May 2015 at 8:32 AM Last edited by LadyMacGuffin : 7th May 2015 at 12:08 PM.
Well, it's been ages, but I finally got the opportunity to test this. The "brown glob" problem happens when the content is decrapified (please nobody accuse me of piracy, I paid for the content, but when transferring it to package format, I decrapify it for various technical reasons). I've never managed to put it into package format without the decrapifying, so I can't say if it's the package, but installing it from a decrapified sims3pack also causes the problem. The issue seems to be that the decrapifying process changes the ID of the item, and the mod then causes a conflict with it.

NOTE: Once you have installed this mod with the decrapified version of the objects, it appears to permanently turn the objects into brown blobs. I'm guessing it corrupts the file in some way, and that corruption is permanent (you can uninstall and reinstall without the mod to fix it, though).

So, mystery solved. I will note that it works perfectly and beautifully with the untouched (i.e., crappy :D) install. So to solve my problem, I just need to install it through the installer without decrapifying first. Easily done, but I wanted to post this here just in case it might help someone else. Use the straight-from-the-store version or the mod will mess up the files! Hope that helps someone.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 7th May 2015 at 12:25 PM
You can try running your content through s3rc but not decrapping it and then installing it as a package. I'm honestly not sure if that would work either but that is how modders get store content to open with S3PE. I suppose it can't hurt to try. As for permanent, are you clearing your caches before you start your game? It's recommended to do that often. Crinrict has some information about it.

Page 2 of 3