Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 4:41 PM
Default Geez
Why does it take so frigging long to do anything in this game? Origin is now downloading something that I started in the past and clearly gave up. It is about half way through 4 with anywhere from 12 to 22 hours to go. Then it has to do Paranormal. Then I guess I have to do 7/20 and 7/27 patches? This will take days of downloading at this rate? We never had this in the prior versions. Never. Not happy. This game is ridiculous. I was able to install everything of 3 other than KP on this computer when I got it in a fraction of the time that is takes to do one thing in 4.

Why is it so insanely slow to do anything to play this version?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Why does it take so frigging long to do anything in this game? Origin is now downloading something that I started in the past and clearly gave up. It is about half way through 4 with anywhere from 12 to 22 hours to go. Then it has to do Paranormal. Then I guess I have to do 7/20 and 7/27 patches? This will take days of downloading at this rate? We never had this in the prior versions. Never. Not happy. This game is ridiculous. I was able to install everything of 3 other than KP on this computer when I got it in a fraction of the time that is takes to do one thing in 4.

Why is it so insanely slow to do anything to play this version?

You must have a poor internet connection. It only took me about ten minutes downloading all packs up to University (at the time) to a new computer. It didn't have to Patch after every one so I expect the Patches got included as well. Could it be doing a verify and repair? Mind you, I am in a city with fibre broadband 300+.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 6:31 PM
How old is your computer? It could be your internet like Hamishmc said, but it could also be your computer components. What I mean, for example, I not long ago had a problem with getting a funny noise every time my game would switch lots, go into or out of CAS, or even go into and out of Build/Buy. My computer wasn't very old, so I refused to blame it. Instead I blamed the stupid game. Then one day I went into a Best Buy store and got to talking to a salesman about it (he was an avid gamer, though not the Sims) and he asked me how much memory did I have. He said it sounded like I needed more RAM. At first I thought he was just making a sales pitch for additional computer memory but he made a compelling argument (especially since he used top components to effectively play his games.) So, I bought more RAM. And you know, if I ain't a rambling Annie he was right. More RAM fixed the problem.

My point is, I ain't gonna say you need another computer - but could you use an upgrade to something, like possibly more RAM?

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 10:50 PM Last edited by daisylee : 3rd Aug 2021 at 12:21 AM.
Thank you for the replies. That laptop is in a location where the internet is not the fastest, but darn that is slow. The laptop is a good one just about 2 years old. I am now at the other location on my ancient desktop, and will see how well the game patches here, which is in the city. Fingers crossed.

edit: I was able to update in less than an hour on this computer but I almost do not want to play this game at all as so much of it has been wiped per my other thread. I think most of my past things done are all gone and I am not happy. This game has too many problems. Very irritating. Never had issues like this with the prior versions.